This is a hard league to win in....

Hebert19

Any given Sunday...but not for the bills.  

Yes we complain about how we win but this team beats teams its supposed to beat.  Today was a great example of that.  Lots of teams lose that game.  Look at raiders...played down to an opponent and got crushed.  Rams losing to an undermanned san fran.   

Every week the better team loses here and there...but the bills always find a way.  Who cares about style points.  Just win baby. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

But I mean they jumped to an 18 point lead which was the biggest deficit the Chargers have faced this year.

They do far more things right than wrong which is why they are 8-3 and a lucky play away from being 9-2.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s easy to say “who cares, we won” but we lose these games against quality opponents 

Such a bull crap argument with no merit. How many quality teams do the Bills have to beat in order to make you happy?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

That game was hard to watch.....but a W is a W.

Gannon and Gumbel were awful too.  I'm pretty sure at one point during the game, as Allen dropped back to pass, Gumbel called him Kelly.  

I didn’t hear that but Gannon certainly sounded as though he was either smoking a cross between Southern California sensamiilla and Kentucky Blue Grass (movie reference for the younger in the crowd) or asleep. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s easy to say “who cares, we won” but we lose these games against quality opponents 

Except the Bills have more wins against teams with winning records than anyone else in the NFL.

Come again?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Such a bull crap argument with no merit. How many quality teams do the Bills have to beat in order to make you happy?

Apparently beating more teams with winning records than any other team in the NFL doesn't make him happy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Except the Bills have more wins against teams with winning records than anyone else in the NFL.

Come again?

It’s hard to understand I get it. We played a pretty ugly game offensively. If we were playing a high quality team, say in the playoffs, there’s a good chance we don’t win that game with all the mistakes that were made today 

6 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Good teams win when everything is going wrong thats why they are good teams 🤣 bad teams fold when things stop breaking their way.  We were that bad team for years and I dont think people know how to handle us not being that team anymore and are just waiting for that team to return lol 

3 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s hard to understand I get it. We played a pretty ugly game offensively. If we were playing a high quality team, say in the playoffs, there’s a good chance we don’t win that game with all the mistakes that were made today 

OK. What is your point?

The game we play today has 0 bearing on the game we play against a good team in the playoffs.

Or do you think that every other good team in the league brings their 'A' game each week and somehow the Bills are the only team that doesn't?

If so you obviously watch very little football outside of the Bills games because week in and week out most teams are up and down in the way they play.

Which brings me to the point that it is tiring hearing about how the Bills seemingly are some crazy team that is always up and down where other teams aren't. It isn't the case. Football is a matchup sport. Some weeks even if you are playing a very good team record wise you match up better than other teams would. Sometimes you play a bad team and don't match up as well. Injuries are a big factor also.

So my advice is that if you think the Bills are alone in this watch more football and you will see this is the norm.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Come again?

Apparently beating more teams with winning records than any other team in the NFL doesn't make him happy. 

Yes I hate beating good teams. It ruins my whole week. I don’t understand why we can’t just go 4-12 every year. That’s what would really make me happy. You’re really smart for figuring that out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

That game was hard to watch.....but a W is a W.

Gannon and Gumbel were awful too.  I'm pretty sure at one point during the game, as Allen dropped back to pass, Gumbel called him Kelly.  

Gannon and Gumbel were particularly bad today.  They kept confusing the teams, call the Chargers the Bills and vice versa.   At one point Gumbel said Harrison Phillips was called for a roughing the passer penalty against Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Every single game is unique. I know that's hard to understand for you. Singletary fumbling the ball has no impact on any future games.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I don't think it's that hard understand.   The Bills are good well coached team with a super talented QB, and good D that lacks super star play makers..  They make more good plays than bad plays and put themselves in position to win most games.  

But their talented QB is flawed and when he makes mistakes it creates challenges that usually do not allow the Bills to pull away in games against average teams..   And it is the NFL, where the talent gap is very close.   Other teams have excellent players too, like Bosa, Ekeler, and Herbert who make plays for their teams.    Yes against the best teams like the Titans, Steelers, and Chiefs the there is much less room for error.   Those teams are very good, but not perfect, and the Bills have the capability to beat any of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Yes I hate beating good teams. It ruins my whole week. I don’t understand why we can’t just go 4-12 every year. That’s what would really make me happy. You’re really smart for figuring that out 

Why don't you stop typing, and take a nap or something?

4 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

I don't think it's that hard understand.   The Bills are good well coached team with a super talented QB, and good D that lacks super star play makers..  They make more good plays than bad plays and put themselves in position to win most games.  

But their talented QB is flawed and when he makes mistakes it creates challenges that usually do not allow the Bills to pull away in games against average teams..   And it is the NFL, where the talent gap is very close.   Other teams have excellent players too, like Bosa, Ekeler, and Herbert who make plays for their teams.    Yes against the best teams like the Titans, Steelers, and Chiefs the there is much less room for error.   Those teams are very good, but not perfect, and the Bills have the capability to beat any of them.

Well you just restored my faith in humanity. Thank you. There were plenty of mistakes today. Mistakes that would make it harder to win if we were playing a better opponent.