Played flat. Still won. This is a good thing. `

ChicagoRic

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry but flat is way too mild a word. By the Grace of God we scored 27 points. We played terrible. More turnovers.  More stupid decisions by players and coaches. More penalties which we've come to expect every week. Another Hail Mary that was 1 yard from being a TD. No matter how many mistakes this team makes they will promise you they won't learn from them and make them again. It's the Clappy McBillsy way.  Worst 2nd half team in the NFL. You know you're bad when both announcers mock your halftime instabilities. Orange slices.......

I don't really see what the coaches could do differently today, even in hindsight.  I mean, I guess you can hang the turnovers and penalties on them....but it's not as though the Bills were repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over again--they made new ones each time :). 

I think the defensive strategy and execution were pretty darn good, and the offensive strategy to establish the run was working great.  Coulda/shoulda gone up by 2 TDs with 5 minutes to play.  But I don't entirely disagree with you

32 minutes ago, pepsicat17 said:

We did what we had to do and won against a team we should beat by multiple scores. This is when you can see the baseline of the team as a whole has been raised - we lose this game easily in the past. 

Good sign and a good win but hope we tighten it up in the future. Consistency is the next step for the team as a whole to take. 

Can someone explain to me why we should beat a team that historically never loses by multiple scores by multiple scores lol I keep seeing this in every thread and I just dont get it...we played the chargers tougher than anyone has all season.  It took two back to back fumbles to keep this from a blowout.  Is it simply because they're 3-7?

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Honestly today's game was kind of boring from a football standpoint. No real flashy plays minus the Beasley trickeration but a lot of solid football plays.

Then they decided to go on a turnover barrage but the D played very well down the stretch to hold them in ✔ and bailed out the O getting a turnover of their own back in the process.

Chargers only got 3 points off the 3 TOs which is pretty remarkable.

We were a little lucky Lynn passed up a 43 yard FG attempt on 4th and 1 earlier because if they make that we are playing the end of the game to prevent the tie rather than a meaningless score.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t say we played flat. Our defense played really good today. We really missed John Brown’s speed taking the top off the defense. I was really happy to see the run game do so well today. 

They have a good team that is consistently held back by really questionable coaching decisions. 

35 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry but flat is way too mild a word. By the Grace of God we scored 27 points. We played terrible. More turnovers.  More stupid decisions by players and coaches. More penalties which we've come to expect every week. Another Hail Mary that was 1 yard from being a TD. No matter how many mistakes this team makes they will promise you they won't learn from them and make them again. It's the Clappy McBillsy way.  Worst 2nd half team in the NFL. You know you're bad when both announcers mock your halftime instabilities. Orange slices.......

And yet they still one.

Imagine if they played well.

3 minutes ago, grims said:

I’m sorry yolo did the chargers not fail to convert with like 10 mins left while in field goal range? That last drive has a whole new meaning if they go for a field goal instead

Thank the Lord: another new negative poster.

How about he doesn’t trust his kicker? How about he feels pressure from his teams record? How about he respects the Bills D? How about he suspected Josh would be 4th quarter Josh...in the 4th quarter?

Give me a break. 

Edited by TroutDog

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Thank the Lord: another new negative poster.

How about he doesn’t trust his kicker? How about he feels pressure from his teams record? How about he respects the Bills D? How about he suspected Josh would be 4th quarter Josh...in the 4th quarter?

Give me a break. 

Im not trying to be negative. I’m just saying that it would have been a different game. 

Edited by grims

10 minutes ago, grims said:

The chargers lost this game more than we won it for sure. Lynn is just not a good coach.  

I can partly agree with this. We certainly gave them plenty of opportunities to win the game. But yes, Lynn is really bad. Some really embarrassing stuff from that side of the field today

11 minutes ago, grims said:

I’m sorry yolo did the chargers not fail to convert with like 10 mins left while in field goal range? That last drive has a whole new meaning if they go for a field goal instead

Why are you apologizing and then directing this question to me... anyway I guess I will answer it, yes they could have attempted a FG?

Just one of those games coming out of a bye week you fear. Chargers are in most if not all games. Bills needed to survive and win and they did.  So props to them.  

But as mentioned,  the penalties, turnovers, soft D at times and Josh playing hero ball...is a recipe for a poor game next week if it’s not cleaned up. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen just isn't the same without Brown. 

The offense in a whole isn’t the same. Diggs will be either double covered deep and most of his routes seem timing based. Knox  is non existent and Gabe Davis ain’t a burner. 

Brown open up so much of the offense and is clearly a first or second option to look too. 

2 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Gabriel Davis and AJ Klein had good games.  Hats off.  Everyone else?  Meh.

In years past, with the silly penalties and bad fumbles and Bosa running wild, this would have been a loss because the Bills lacked the talent just grind it out.

This year they have enough talent and consistency to grind it out.  

I'll take it. 

AJ looks to be a pretty good blitzer in recent weeks. I give him credit for playing better last few games.

14 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The offense in a whole isn’t the same. Diggs will be either double covered deep and most of his routes seem timing based. Knox  is non existent and Gabe Davis ain’t a burner. 

Brown open up so much of the offense and is clearly a first or second option to look too. 

The total lack of production from our TE group is what kills us here.  Today at least the RB's showed signs they could be solid down the stretch but the TE's combined for 2 catches for 5 yards.  Typically TE's combine for 60 - 70 yards for their teams.

This is a real problem with Brown out.  I'm not sure they can fix it until the off season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Gabriel Davis and AJ Klein had good games.  Hats off.  Everyone else?  Meh.

In years past, with the silly penalties and bad fumbles and Bosa running wild, this would have been a loss because the Bills lacked the talent just grind it out.

This year they have enough talent and consistency to grind it out.  

I'll take it. 

Klein had a good game? 

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I was impressed with Matt Barkley

Well who isn’t...