Week 12 Post Game thread Bills vs Chargers

Chandler#81

Not the Bills best game today, but they were clearly the better team, they held Herbert down better than virtually anyone else all year, and won the game easily.  This should be encouraging to Bills fans.  They dominated a team that has played many close games on a day when they were not their best.  Be happy for crying out loud. 

• Like (+1) 10

Just now, Kutztown83 said:

Does anyone else believe the first Hail Mary was an incomplete pass?  The Bills would have then declined the penalty and taken over on downs.  Game over.  The refs should have taken a closer look at that play, IMO.

Yeah but no way McDermott decides to put the game in the hands of the Refs reviewing that over an even tougher play for the Chargers.

3 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

I love a balanced attack in a perfect world.  The problem with running so much is we don't ever develop a rhythm in the passing game.

I like Gabriel Davis as much as anyone, but he can't stretch the field.  That's why we should seriously consider Kenny Stills.  We can't continue to hold our breath that John Brown can stay healthy.

Disagree.   Running is always good when playing with a 18 point lead.   The passing  rhythm is developed by Josh making good reads and being accurate, not by passing 75% of the time.   

While Brown was  missed, Davis caught the longest pass of the. day.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I know how everything gets hyperbolized right after a game but this isn't hyperbole - that penalty against Moss on our last drive was the worst flag I've ever seen.

I have to agree with that.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah but no way McDermott decides to put the game in the hands of the Refs reviewing that over an even tougher play for the Chargers.

He has the right to make a decision after whatever ruling 

the ball hit the ground they didn’t review it when they should have 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We were bad, the Chargers were worse and the refs were terrible! 

Otherwise, we’re 8-3 with another Conference win!

How refreshing....a competent fan admits we played bad. And yes Homer's it is possible to win yet play terrible. Today was that. Thank Lynn.....

• Like (+1) 1

Defense played well today against a decent offense.  Held Allen and Williams in check.  Made a key 4th down stop and only allowed three points off the three turnovers.

OT's had their worst game of the season as Bosa just blew almost everything up.  Allen uncharacteristically had two 4th quarter turnovers but made enough plays to win.  Tyler Bass is my MVP.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kutztown83 said:

Does anyone else believe the first Hail Mary was an incomplete pass?  The Bills would have then declined the penalty and taken over on downs.  Game over.  The refs should have taken a closer look at that play, IMO.

from the limited look I had it appeared the ball did touch the ground but he had established control

7 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Bills won. Anytime you win you can say you “found a way”. But at some point he’s got to get in his guys about finishing games and playing with discipline instead of “finding a way”

They DID finish the game.  With a win. What does "finish a game" mean to you?

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If Gabe Davis makes some more of those free play down the field catches and builds some trust on them he's going to be a hell of a player.

Totally agree. But although he seems to be a quick study he's still a rook and is facing a learning curve. He's not nearly the route runner Brown is and he's not as fast (though he's fast enough to play outside). The Ds are playing us underneath making our short game more difficult. They will get burned occasionally by Diggs (and Davis) but not having Brown is overall much to their advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1

One thing that does worry me some is:

We drafted Allen for his big strong arm and he has shown the arm strength many times.  But whenever the weather/wind is any kind of a factor Allen has had his least impressive games.  Admittedly they ran the ball much better which is good and not that he threw the ball bad at all, but still does worry me a little.

• Like (+1) 2