Week 12 Post Game thread Bills vs Chargers

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

After that rock start he has really become a weapon. Pretty happy with him if we need to hit a 50 yarder in the 4th. Also he can kick it out the back the end zone whenever he wants. Haus$ had trouble with that. 

Yeah FG and extra points aside his regulating his kickoffs was on the money he had a great day not that that'll show up as something they look at for ST player of the week.

I'll never complain about a win, but I most certainly will complain about the quality of the broadcast today.  I lost count of all the screw-ups -- the announcers, the down/distance graphics, the scoreboard crediting the Bills with the points for the first LA TD, the doofuses in the truck showing the wrong replay angle time after time, etc etc.  Looked like a friggin' juco project by the students in Video Production 201.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Rock Pile Guy said:

With Klein, I think it's more of putting him in position to succeed. He's not Milano, not a cover guy. Turn him loose on the QB. Let him eat that way. It certainly has paid off. Kudos to the coaches and Klein.

he's a downhill tackler  Something this team was lacking  30 tackles and 4.5 sacks in the past three games  Probably just a brief flash but a much needed one

8 minutes ago, UB2SF said:

I'll never complain about a win, but I most certainly will complain about the quality of the broadcast today.  I lost count of all the screw-ups -- the announcers, the down/distance graphics, the scoreboard crediting the Bills with the points for the first LA TD, the doofuses in the truck showing the wrong replay angle time after time, etc etc.  Looked like a friggin' juco project by the students in Video Production 201.

It was terrible. Really made me think I'll watch on mute from now on. Gannon in particular said so many things that were simply untrue. He's got to know they're only broadcasting to a regional audience, and Bills fans are going to know when he spews false info.

12 minutes ago, UB2SF said:

I liked when they gave the Chargers a first down when they got back to the first of the sticks and still had 10 yards to go.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So basically the same thing that cost them two time outs today.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My god that man has a family Josh.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

My thoughts:

-Taron Johnson looked pretty decent in covering K. Allen.  Not great, not terrible.

-Klein, Oliver and Hughes were great in this game.  In the backfield every play.  Meanwhile Edmunds crashed back down to earth and was mostly invisible.

-Williams and Dawkins had their worst game of the year.  Bosa embarrassed them in some weird switch in ability between the Ts and the Gs today.  Pass blocking was horrendous.

-Run blocking was great, especially just up the middle.  Both Singletary and Moss looked decent in a season where that has been a high bar to clear for them so far.

-Allen played his worst game of the season.  Just downright bad.  Thankfully he played it safe today, because I think he knew he didn't have "it."  It's becoming a pattern where he either starts 7/7, 83 yards, TD or 4/7, 26 yards and he never really falls off or gets better during games.  The drop-off between this offense with Brown and without is shocking.  You have to hope and pray he only misses the 3 games.

-We won this game in no small part because Anthony Lynn is an idiot.  Not the finest hour for this offense but the defense did step up and had probably their best game of the year.

-Refereeing this game was abysmal.  That Moss call was Cody-Ford-blindside-block-level phantom call.

In the end, 8-3.  Just keep winning.

19 minutes ago, UB2SF said:

Pretty close to a direct quote from today's game:

"fighting for yards... looks like he's got enough for a first down... and he's got it!"

I forget which Charger had the ball, but he was nine yards short of a first down. Greg Gumbal was looking at the wrong down marker.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

My thoughts:

-Taron Johnson looked pretty decent in covering K. Allen.  Not great, not terrible.

-Klein, Oliver and Hughes were great in this game.  In the backfield every play.  Meanwhile Edmunds crashed back down to earth and was mostly invisible.

-Williams and Dawkins had their worst game of the year.  Bosa embarrassed them in some weird switch in ability between the Ts and the Gs today.  Pass blocking was horrendous.

-Run blocking was great, especially just up the middle.  Both Singletary and Moss looked decent in a season where that has been a high bar to clear for them so far.

-Allen played his worst game of the season.  Just downright bad.  Thankfully he played it safe today, because I think he knew he didn't have "it."  It's becoming a pattern where he either starts 7/7, 83 yards, TD or 4/7, 26 yards and he never really falls off or gets better during games.  The drop-off between this offense with Brown and without is shocking.  You have to hope and pray he only misses the 3 games.

-We won this game in no small part because Anthony Lynn is an idiot.  Not the finest hour for this offense but the defense did step up and had probably their best game of the year.

-Refereeing this game was abysmal.  That Moss call was Cody-Ford-blindside-block-level phantom call.

In the end, 8-3.  Just keep winning.

I disagree on Edmunds... I thought he had a decent game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1