Week 12 Post Game thread Bills vs Chargers

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Hard to see the Bills making it passed the 2nd round- if they even make it that far...just too inconsistent, and too undisciplined imo...

My three goals for the Bills this season were:

1)  See Allen continue to improve which he clearly has.  He is our franchise QB unless one of the "we should have drafted Mahomes" sad sacks on 2BD makes a time machine and we go back to the 2017 draft and convince the Bills NOT to make that trade with KC.

2)  Win the Division which we are positioned to do.

3)  Win at least one playoff game.  This team is clearly good enough to win a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My three goals for the Bills this season were:

1)  See Allen continue to improve which he clearly has.  He is our franchise QB unless one of the "we should have drafted Mahomes" sad sacks on 2BD makes a time machine and we go back to the 2017 draft and convince the Bills NOT to make that trade with KC.

2)  Win the Division which we are positioned to do.

3)  Win at least one playoff game.  This team is clearly good enough to win a playoff game.

I think that point #3 was consensus, or at least a solid majority of people, here before the season started.  This is exactly where I am and 10-6 or 11-5 doesn't seem so out of reach at this point -- followed by winning a playoff game.

Edited by Groin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Allen was under too much pressure and wasn’t comfortable all day.  He’s been given a ton of time to throw all year but the Chargers today (mostly Bosa but also Tillery) weren’t having it.  Just imagine if Ingram had played. There is no excuse for letting a great passrusher dominate an entire game like that.  On one of his sacks they forgot to even block him.  The offense was a sloppy mess all day and it’s definitely McD’s worst effort coming off a bye (he’s usually got his team ready after the rest week).  Just not a great NFL product on the field today - pretty much across the league.  Lots of sloppy plays, weird officiating, the announcers sound tired, it’s been a long year and people are tired from having to socialize a bit after months of isolation (my theory).

I thought they were sloppy on offense today. Obviously need to do a better job protecting the ball and the o-line was getting schooled in pass pro. Bosa does not look like all that to me - kind've lanky, but freakish athlete, and obviously strong.

Knox had his usual up and down game, the down was the terrible blocking. Missed our other TEs.

Surprised how many plays Dabol had where Knox had to block Bosa, or where they only had Winters on him, or left him unblocked.

That's the kind of dude you put two guys on, or chip with your RB, or game plan something to take him out of the equation.

I was frustrated with the Singletary fumble as we were finally doing what really good teams do to close out games. The o line was blocking with attitude, and Devin was ripping off chunks of yardage, the clock was running, we are driving to the end zone to put the nail in the coffin, and then the ball gets punched out from behind.

Leslie just needs to throw out his hail Mary defense and just bring normal pressure. That defensive play is suck.

Rocky ending, but defense played strong and we won. I'll take it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t think it was ever a nail biter... 

It was a lot closer than it needed to be, despite the final score. If the goal is to get into the playoffs, we’re looking pretty good. If the goal is to win against top tier teams in the playoffs, we have work to do.  Scan back through our season... way too many times we let teams back into the game when we should’ve been able to step on throats. 
Totally happy to see us at our 8-3 record.. but that was a very sloppy 4th quarter today.  Need to start learning how to play strong with the lead.  Go Bills!

I’m disappointed we didn’t put them away when we had a chance to do so, but there’s something to be said for winning a game by 10 even when you didn’t play a particularly good game (offensively).

The D was great though.

The Chargers are not an easy out, I’ll take the W.

• Like (+1) 1

Felt like we were poised to blow them out and it just didnt happen due to mostly self inflicted mistakes.  That said it was good to see the Bills beat a decent team with a marginal effort from Josh Allen.  Good to see complementary football.  Defense played well for the most part.  Special teams was excellent, Roberts continues to make a difference in starting position almost every game.  Bass was money and had some nice directional type kicks keeping them to the 20 or less on a few kickoffs. 

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Defense stepped up and running game was better. I don’t know, but a win is a win.

Yes, the D stepped up big time.

2 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

We used to be the team that had to wait on a miracle  turnover or a penalty in our favor to win games. We now win games despite turnovers and stupid penalties. I’ll take it! We’ll keep pushing forward and improving.

Feels great!

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel bad for Lynn. He clearly has no idea what he is doing out there. The amount of confusion and bad tactical decisions was alarming.

The ending playcalls at the goal line pretty much sums it up.

He’s going to get axed. 

Could it be “a cruel, cruel summer” coming up for Lynn.

Sorry, bro, had to!

• Haha (+1) 1