Week 12 Post Game thread Bills vs Chargers

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I literally don't know what you are saying. It seems to be that you think we can't beat good teams, but we have shown that we can multiple times this year. So I have to conclude that you are just mistaken.

they cant beat cheifs, titans and i would bet cant beat steelers and ravens. saying they beat "winning" teams which the 6-5 raiders are is sugar coating it

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I think he/she was originally saying it’d be nice to close a game out without it being a nail biter. You can’t deny we should’ve won by 3 TD’s today.  So yes, obviously the game finished, and obviously we finished with a win, but it was an ugly finish.  If we’re going to go anywhere in the playoffs, we need to be more dominant, and not allow teams back into the game.  Happy they won.. but need to learn how to close teams out vs getting soft and making mistakes in the second half. It has happened way too many times this year.  Do you disagree?

I didn’t think it was ever a nail biter... 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, balln said:

they cant beat cheifs, titans and i would bet cant beat steelers and ravens. saying they beat "winning" teams which the 6-5 raiders are is sugar coating it

The Chiefs are a really outstanding team.  Objectively, I can't deny that they're just better than the Bills.  No argument on that one.

We're certainly capable of beating the TItans, Steelers, and Ravens.  Do we beat those teams 100 times out of 100?  Of course not, nobody does that against anybody.  But we're not much worse than a coin flip against anybody outside of KC.  (Edit: My armchair guess is that we probably beat the Chiefs about a third of the time.  There's a significant gulf between KC and the rest of the AFC).

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

Knew it was going to be a tough game going in.  The Chargers have some serious players.  I honestly wasnt sure the Bills would come out with a win, so regardless of how they played I was glad they came away with the w.

Thought Lynn looked lost at times today which made me happy.  Also thought the Chargers came across as a cocky chippy team a lot like the Titans so was very happy the Bills sent them away with a loss.  On to San Fran.

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

The Chiefs are a really outstanding team.  Objectively, I can't deny that they're just better than the Bills.  No argument on that one.

We're certainly capable of beating the TItans, Steelers, and Ravens.  Do we beat those teams 100 times out of 100?  Of course not, nobody does that against anybody.  But we're not much worse than a coin flip against anybody outside of KC.

titans made them looks silly. no this bills teamd doest beat them 10 out of 10 times this year

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It was a double digit win against the team that shows they can out up points and play teams tough.

I shudder to think what Chiefs fans think knowing the Chargers took them to overtime...

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

By modern NFL standards, this game was never in any serious doubt.  The Bills made it interesting because of the turnovers, but at no point did it look like LAC would actually take a lead.

Yeah they were clearly in the driver's seat the whole game, but with how the Cardinals game ended I can understand why some fans are a little more sensitive to the Bills not putting it well out of reach. It's irrational ridiculous endings like that are extremely unlikely but it puts things in a more negative lens for some people.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

By modern NFL standards, this game was never in any serious doubt.  The Bills made it interesting because of the turnovers, but at no point did it look like LAC would actually take a lead.

I wasn't worried more because Anthony Lynn might be the worst head coach at clock management in the history of the NFL

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Knew it was going to be a tough game going in.  The Chargers have some serious players.  I honestly wasnt sure the Bills would come out with a win, so regardless of how they played I was glad they came away with the w.

Thought Lynn looked lost at times today which made me happy.  Also thought the Chargers came across as a cocky chippy team a lot like the Titans so was very happy the Bills sent them away with a loss.  On to San Fran.

Bills D held Allen in check, made Herbert look bad and flustered for much of the game and stuffed the run pretty well.

They made a few plays here and there but I was never seriously worried and the Chargers never held a lead at any point in the game.