Week 12 Post Game thread Bills vs Chargers

Chandler#81

Just my two cents, and change:

I guess I can't be too mad at this game. Offense looked so undisciplined in the second half, that it's hard to remember the good things from the first.

At one point in the first half, the ref announced #71 as an eligible receiver. I had forgotten who that was-- Ryan Bates. But, the rest of the O-line starters were out there. Were they playing him like a TE? Weird.

Knox blocks sucks. (And he used a lot more effort reeling in that TD than was necessary)

Lee's blocks are damn good.

What the hell? Klein is legit? What happened midseason to get him to flip that switch?

If we're going to be a base 4-2-5 defense, we need a better nickel than Taron Johnson.

Our run game seemed to emerge in the second half, in no small part to improved O-line play in that area. I can forgive Motor's fumble, but I don't feel like we have complimentary backs. I'll take Motor over Moss, although there are people on this board that disagree. And, I'm not saying Moss is terrible, but IMO he's not a good compliment. I'm not sure I wouldn't feel better with Yeldon out there. Moss has been a disappointment, if you ask me.

This offense really misses Smoke when he's not there. I think Allen/McD needed to spread the ball around more in the second half. The TEs were invisible, McKenzie was a non-factor, and with Diggs playing so many short routes, there was little speed on the field, and we weren't that hard to cover in the second. Poor offensive adjustments at the half.

Great defensive adjustments at the half, though. The Chargers O became demoralized.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

One thing that does worry me some is:

We drafted Allen for his big strong arm and he has shown the arm strength many times.  But whenever the weather/wind is any kind of a factor Allen has had his least impressive games.  Admittedly they ran the ball much better which is good and not that he threw the ball bad at all, but still does worry me a little.

Allen had that crazy off throw on the WR screen. That and INT 2 bad throws.

There’s many times I disagree with the refs and think they make bad calls....

This crew today honestly should not be allowed to ref another game this year. That whole second half was full of crap calls. Early on they were blowing early whistles. Personal Fouls called that were unavoidable.

Poyers call, Oliver’s call and definitely Davis call were all crap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm happy we won. But anyone who thinks today was a good enough is sorely mistaken. We were fortunate Lynn and the Chargers self-destruct regularly.

They played the team they played. This is who the chargers are.  The chargers are 3-8 for a reason. They’ve lost all their games by one score except one... the Bills. They went to OT vs the saints. They would have beaten the chiefs if not not for a 58 yard FG. Bills beat them by 2 scores. What is the issue. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They played the team the played. The chargers are 3-8 for a reason. They’ve lost all their games by one score except one... the Bills. What is the issue. 

the problem is they never look like the titans or chiefs and completely dominate a team

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

There’s many times I disagree with the refs and think they make bad calls....

This crew today honestly should not be allowed to ref another game this year. That whole second half was full of crap calls. Early on they were blowing early whistles. Personal Fouls called that were unavoidable.

Poyers call, Oliver’s call and definitely Davis call were all crap.

Moss call?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They played the team they played. This is who the chargers are.  The chargers are 3-8 for a reason. They’ve lost all their games by one score except one... the Bills. They went to OT vs the saints. They would have beaten the chiefs if not not for a 58 yard FG. Bills beat them by 2 scores. What is the issue. 

Not good enough. Acceptance of that performance is not what we're all after. I doubt McDermott will be very happy this week either.

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm happy we won. But anyone who thinks today was a good enough is sorely mistaken. We were fortunate Lynn and the Chargers self-destruct regularly.

Never indicated happiness...but questioned the original commenter about what "finishing" means to them.  We turned it over 4 times in the 4th quarter, had multiple stops at key times, got a key FG at the end, and FINISHED THE GAME WITH A WIN.  That was my only point.  Not sure what "finish" means when you WIN.  The Cards game....sure, talk all you want about "FINISHING" but this game...was "FINISHED" with a WIN.  8-3.  You'd think we were were 3-8 based on a lot of posts on here.  We won!  We did it!  Enjoy it!

Better to win and have things to work on, than to lose and have things to work on!

We FINISHED WITH A WIN!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The CFP committee will be sure to take that into consideration when they utilize the eye test to determine the playoff participants 

youre missing the point dude. this team has texans bounced 1st rd loss all over them. 

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Not good enough. Acceptance of that performance is not what we're all after. I doubt McDermott will be very happy this week either.

A win is a win as far im concerned. I’m not mcdermott. I’m sure he’s never that happy like any coach. 

10 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

It literally WAS good enough. What are you trying to say?

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Never indicated happiness...but questioned the original commenter about what "finishing" means to them.  We turned it over 4 times in the 4th quarter, had multiple stops at key times, got a key FG at the end, and FINISHED THE GAME WITH A WIN.  That was my only point.  Not sure what "finish" means when you WIN.  The Cards game....sure, talk all you want about "FINISHING" but this game...was "FINISHED" with a WIN.  8-3.  You'd think we were were 3-8 based on a lot of posts on here.  We won!  We did it!  Enjoy it!

Better to win and have things to work on, than to lose and have things to work on!

We FINISHED WITH A WIN!

No argument