Joey Bosa Killed Us Today!

Protocal69

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chase Young is better than both Bosas. Imo

young may be the better overall athlete, but to me the bosa's are special.

they were bred to be NFL DEs.  they have the genetics (dad was an NFL player, decent one too), they have been trained doing drills and learning the craft since they could basically walk (there are videos of them pass rushing against dummies and such as pre teens), and they maintain a very high level of taking care of their body, living like body builders or olympic athletes.

imo, garrett or young may be the top just total talent (donald is obv a freak too, but different position), but the bend and change of direction and hand techniques the bosa's use are basically a cheat code.  

15 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Really?

JJ Watt was drafted 11th.

TJ Watt was drafted 30th.

Aaron Donald was drafted 13th.

Clearly this is not true.

I was referring to more of the specific player like at that pure stud 4-3 pass rusher position and recent drafts - such as Myles Garrett, Joey, Nick Bosa, chase young. They rarely go outside the top 3 because they are so hard to find. Those guys you mention, who are great, are DT and LB. JJ plays inside and outside, a steal at 11 but watching him in college it was appropriate. He was not the type of recruit or player in college those other guys were. He was a converted TE who only played defense for two years and wasn’t even a 1st team all American. All Jmo of course but I don’t see getting a dominant pure pass rusher like the Joey Bosa outside the top 3 anytime soon. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

While Bosa certainly had a terrific game, I'm at least partly of the mind that some of his success was down to communication failures in our blocking schemes.

There was at least once that a tackle and guard went in different directions, and with Knox and a WR also being left 1 on 1 with him,  I just can't believe that was part of the plan.

No doubt he had a good game, and there's no doubt he would be a useful additon to our D, I simply feel that Sunday, our pass blocking, got enough wrong to make life a lot easier for him.

7 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Chargers to their credit have good history when it comes to disrupting linebackers. Seau, Merriman, Bosa, and can’t forget Ingram.

They must have some good scouts that know what to look for from that position. 

Bosa isn''t a LB though.   He is a DE.

Edited by prissythecat
typo fix
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/30/2020 at 7:30 AM, colin said:

young may be the better overall athlete, but to me the bosa's are special.

they were bred to be NFL DEs.  they have the genetics (dad was an NFL player, decent one too), they have been trained doing drills and learning the craft since they could basically walk (there are videos of them pass rushing against dummies and such as pre teens), and they maintain a very high level of taking care of their body, living like body builders or olympic athletes.

imo, garrett or young may be the top just total talent (donald is obv a freak too, but different position), but the bend and change of direction and hand techniques the bosa's use are basically a cheat code.  

That is fair - it is nothing against the bosas, they are gifted as well. chase young is just a freak of nature when it comes to size/speed, and had the same coaching at least in college as the bosas so is well prepared with technique and his work ethic is top notch. To me he has been the better prospect than either one going back to HS, then as a college player and now as a rookie. Not by a huge margin but I still think his ceiling is higher