Can't figure out Devin Singletary.

ChicagoRic

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills RBs are about tenth on the list of issues they need to address. They are average cheap guys neither of which has trade value nor is so bad they would considercutting them. Nothing wrong with that. 

This off-season they will need to address:

1. RT

2. RG

3. DE

4. OLB

5.DT

6. TE

7. Nickel slot DB

8.Back up OLB

9. Back up Safety

10. RB rotation

And that leaves off MLB only because I think no matter how Edmunds plays McD and Beane are going to stick with him

We have one of the best performing right tackles in the league.  Are you seeing something else in his performance or are you worried about contract?

He is never going to be a bell cow back who gets 25 carries in a game.  He works as a rotational guy, but I think there is room for Buffalo to keep looking for a guy who can strike fear into defenses.  I'd love for the Bills to find the next Derrick Henry.  Unfortunately, until proven otherwise, Derrick Henry appears to be one of a kind.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Just a guy imo....he’s a dime-a-dozen player you could find in any 6th or 7th round of any draft...

Good luck finding just pass blocking like his in the 7th round...

I thought Derrick Henry blew up the whole "RB's are a dime a dozen" nonsense?

Edited by Nelius

4 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Like the way he finds holes. 

Dislike his lack of breakaway speed.

Like his blocking.

Dislike his tendency to fumble.

Like the way he picks up yards in chunks.

Dislike that he can't seem to find the end zone. 

Is he a legit starter?

Is he "just a guy"

Is he a victim of poor run blocking?

Enlighten me.  

Hes ok for what we do. But he isn't a probowl player. I think his numbers are skewed but I will get flamed for that ChiRic... you bated me

Hes good for rb by committee 

3 hours ago, Iverwig said:

Singletary is decent but the problem is he’s not a starting caliber back. He would be great coming off the bench. The bigger issue is none of the Bills Rb’s are starting caliber backs. If the Bills had an elite OL things would be different but they do not have that. The run game will be inconsistent until they can get a very good/elite back in there or a more dominant OL. 

I'm not sure what you'd like a RB to do if they get hit in the backfield as soon as they get the ball.  Or get to the line and there are three DL waiting on him because of missed blocks or an offensive lineman or TE being bulldozed.  There is no RB who would be running well, consistently, behind the Bills O-line as it has performed for most of the season.  This ain't Madden where players shake off three and four tackles with a wiggle of a joystick.  

The fumble looks worse given the situation and history.  I can’t remember the last time he fumbled. 

I see Motor as a talented back.  I don’t think he has the breakaway speed to break off home run TD’s. Because of this, I think you need a #2 RB to compliment and I hope Moss develops into that role.  I would also love to see Yeldon get a few carries and targets too.

With that being said, knowing how the team could be up against the cap in a few years, I don’t see Brandon Beane resigning Singletary to a second contract unless it’s a cheap deal.  IMO he is more likely to draft another one on a rookie deal.   I believe he understands the value of the RB position and I can’t see a huge investment 

15 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I'm not sure what you'd like a RB to do if they get hit in the backfield as soon as they get the ball.  Or get to the line and there are three DL waiting on him because of missed blocks or an offensive lineman or TE being bulldozed.  There is no RB who would be running well, consistently, behind the Bills O-line as it has performed for most of the season.  This ain't Madden where players shake off three and four tackles with a wiggle of a joystick.  

The OL is a part of the issue which I noted in my post but Singletary is not an elite back.  There have been times the hole has been there during the season albeit it’s been small but his lack of burst prevents him from getting to the next level of the defense. I stand by my post he is a good back up RB. Look at the burst of very good/elite backs in the league and then look at Singletary’s there is a difference. The elite RB’s do not need a hole that stays open for a few seconds every time they touch the ball but Singletary does. 

He's an ok #2 back. Not even close to an every down player and not someone I want as a starter. 

I feel the same way about Moss. It's really frustrating actually. RBs are a dime a dozen, it should be easy to find guys that can have a big impact in the middle rounds.. When you draft one in back to back drafts and neither is a quality starter, you screwed up. 

Gibson in washington is a third round rookie and lighting it up. Robinson in Jax, an undrafted rookie, is one of the most productive backs in the league this year. 

9 minutes ago, Process said:

He's an ok #2 back. Not even close to an every down player and not someone I want as a starter. 

I feel the same way about Moss. It's really frustrating actually. RBs are a dime a dozen, it should be easy to find guys that can have a big impact in the middle rounds.. When you draft one in back to back drafts and neither is a quality starter, you screwed up. 

Gibson in washington is a third round rookie and lighting it up. Robinson in Jax, an undrafted rookie, is one of the most productive backs in the league this year. 

I only watched Gibson on Thanksgiving, but he was running through holes you can drive a truck through.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Good luck finding just pass blocking like his in the 7th round...

I thought Derrick Henry blew up the whole "RB's are a dime a dozen" nonsense?

I didn’t say all RB’s were a dime-a-dozen...Just Singletary- meaning, he doesn’t do anything special that makes him an RB1...

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

He’s not very good to be honest 

Below average speed

Not a power back.

Has a hard time catching consistently.

He is above average In space but that’s about it.

uhhhh no.  catches the rock just fine...runs just fine....no idea what game u watched u less u tuned in for the fumble and then left

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Singeltary is the Bills best Rb.  He makes the most plays and consistently hits holes when there.  Not super flashy but dont need him to be.  Moss is a good change up and short yardage.  I am beginning to loath the Qb designed run.  Allen is going to get hurt on one of these things.

Moss had a huge play in this one. And got some BS penalty to bring back half of it. 

41 minutes ago, Process said:

The offensive line has been shuffling week to week almost the entire season. They had a good week this week outside the fumble.  Something to build on it seemed like.

29 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

uhhhh no.  catches the rock just fine...runs just fine....no idea what game u watched u less u tuned in for the fumble and then left

Have watched every game of his nfl career.

He played decent today. But fumbled.

If you think he catches the rock just fine, might wanna watch that cards game again. Amongst many other games.