Can't figure out Devin Singletary.

ChicagoRic

17 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

What is that 1 fumble for the season?

Hardly a concern, Ezekiel Elliott has 5

Beat me to it. It still sucks since they could have put the game away, but nothing to freak out over.

However the lack of speed at RB is something they need to address.

• Like (+1) 1

I will confess that I think that Singletary and Moss can be a very good tandem.  OL run blocking is a big problem - both get hit or slowed down in the backfield way too often and that is on the OL.  I admit that the OL has been unsettled all year due to injuries, but they are hurting the run game more than the RBs or the play calling.

21 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Singletary is decent but the problem is he’s not a starting caliber back. He would be great coming off the bench. The bigger issue is none of the Bills Rb’s are starting caliber backs. If the Bills had an elite OL things would be different but they do not have that. The run game will be inconsistent until they can get a very good/elite back in there or a more dominant OL. 

You need a generational type talent at rb to overcome poor offensive line play 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I nearly threw my remote through the TV when he fumbled. He has to be aware of dudes coming up from behind to swat or punch the ball when he slows down. Just poor awareness.

I thought LA made a concerted effort to strip the ball on every catch or carry.  those guys were ripping at every single Buffalo ball carrier. 

Bills RBs are about tenth on the list of issues they need to address. They are average cheap guys neither of which has trade value nor is so bad they would considercutting them. Nothing wrong with that. 

This off-season they will need to address:

1. RT

2. RG

3. DE

4. OLB

5.DT

6. TE

7. Nickel slot DB

8.Back up OLB

9. Back up Safety

10. RB rotation

And that leaves off MLB only because I think no matter how Edmunds plays McD and Beane are going to stick with him

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

Like the way he finds holes. 

Dislike his lack of breakaway speed.

Like his blocking.

Dislike his tendency to fumble.

Like the way he picks up yards in chunks.

Dislike that he can't seem to find the end zone. 

Is he a legit starter?

Is he "just a guy"

Is he a victim of poor run blocking?

Enlighten me.  

Simple- not a top back for all those reasons.

I'm traveling so I can't read through every reply, but has anybody else mentioned that that was his first fumble of the year? timing was terrible and it frustrated me, but I will take one fumble every 11 games from almost any running back. Am I missing something?

Edited by air2mud82

2 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Like the way he finds holes. 

Dislike his lack of breakaway speed.

Like his blocking.

Dislike his tendency to fumble.

Like the way he picks up yards in chunks.

Dislike that he can't seem to find the end zone. 

Is he a legit starter?

Is he "just a guy"

Is he a victim of poor run blocking?

Enlighten me.  

So you’ve id’ed all his strengths and weaknesses, and you can’t figure him out 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Singeltary is the Bills best Rb.  He makes the most plays and consistently hits holes when there.  Not super flashy but dont need him to be.  Moss is a good change up and short yardage.  I am beginning to loath the Qb designed run.  Allen is going to get hurt on one of these things.

• Like (+1) 2