Jerry Hughes deserves to be a pro bowler/All pro this year

JerseyBills

I'm going to keep this short, title speaks for itself. Idk his sack number but I know he CONSISTENTLY causes chaos , he's playing at an elite level! Josh had an off game and the defense finally came through and carried the team against a high powered O and made Herbert look like a rookie. Largely in part to Hughes constantly harassing him! So Underrated 

And also , fun fact - even with this being their 8th L, we are the 1st team to beat LA by double digits.  Only KC and Pit haven't lost by double digits! 

8-3! Comfortably in 1st place,  I'm feeling good!! Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm going to keep this short, title speaks for itself. Idk his sack number but I know he CONSISTENTLY causes chaos , he's playing at an elite level! Josh had an off game and the defense finally came through and carried the team against a high powered O and made Herbert look like a rookie. Largely in part to Hughes constantly harassing him! So Underrated 

And also , fun fact - even with this being their 8th L, we are the 1st team to beat LA by double digits.  Only KC and Pit haven't lost by double digits! 

No player on this defense needs to voted into pro bowl,  none.  Our defense is one of worst in the NFL 

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I will also keep it short. 

No. He does not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who the Hell is Cline? Ya can’t criticize what you don’t know.

Shut up !!! So I spelled his name incorrectly it's  obvious who I am talking about. GEEEEEEZZZZ

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Why???? Should be Klein

Okay then mister smarty pants, everyone is real happy you don’t make the decisions, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Jordan Poyer?

Right,  our pass coverage has been trash but let's get both safeties in.

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I will also keep it short. 

No. He does not.

Amazing our defense has been total trash all season and poeple want guys in PRO BOWL.  

The lack of offense holding calls is one factor that has impacted Hughes lack of sacks and other splashy-type numbers, for sure. Hughes as a pro bowl alternate? Sure. Hughes as an all-pro?  No.

All-pro would be what we saw from Bosa today and much of the season.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s 2 or 3 more solid years from being in all time Bill conversations. Fringe wall territory. Also want to give shout out to Eponesa today. Was the best he looked. The kid looked like a player out there today. Great job.

Totally agree, I think years from now he's going to be really remembered fondly.

Also, I'm completely ready to give Epenesa all of Murphy's snaps.  The upside seems there over Murphy, who is consistent but honestly nothing special.

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Shut up !!! So I spelled his name incorrectly it's  obvious who I am talking about. GEEEEEEZZZZ

That answer works really well if you imagine Napoleon Dynamite saying it.

As for Hughes a pro bowler? – doesn't he have to qualify on 'Beat the Champ' first, and have a United States Bowling Congress card?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hughes is a good player. He isn't great. He is consistently pretty good. But he doesn't get home enough and he should never be considered for All-Pro. I could get behind a Pro Bowl appearance, but he probably won't because he doesn't get the stats.

But yeah, I'm happy he is on the team. Just wish we had an elite edge rusher to put up the stats and who consistently gets home and actually gets sacks.

Also. Hughes doesn't seem to contribute to run defense all that much...

• Like (+1) 1