Winning...But Undisciplined and Sloppy

Wizard

I think they should prop all of the players eyelids open with toothpicks and make them watch 72 hours straight of the perfect 72 Dolphins game film ;)

Come On OP  they used to lose games like this and now they win them.

I have seen a lot of Chargers games this year and the Bills discombobulated them better than most have.

Besides that the Bills defied the odds losing the turnover ratio and getting a W.

Be Happy :)

For anyone saying we beat them by 2 scores, dont look at the final score....look at the actual game play.

The whole game was a back and forth battle for whoever wanted to lose the game more and apparently the Chargers finally stepped up to the plate 

....we barely beat them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I noticed during the game there was a fair amount of jawing back and forth.  52 and 43 for the Chargers were yacking it up quite a bit.  

Saw a replay today, he stared the guy down after spinning the ball so it seemed to be deliberate on Allen's part.  Maybe there was jawing earlier that caused that reaction by Allen??

18 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Saw a replay today, he stared the guy down after spinning the ball so it seemed to be deliberate on Allen's part.  Maybe there was jawing earlier that caused that reaction by Allen??

IIRC 43 was jawing at Allen as he ran out of bounds earlier in the drive.  Allen spinned the ball in front of 43 after he scored.

Edited by DCbillsfan

20 hours ago, Wizard said:

Yes, a win is a win. And, yes, Daboll's offensive playcalling and Bills scoring has improved. Kudos and cheers for a win.

But, it is time to move into the level of contenders. I think what separates our playoff-bound Bills from the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans is not executing consistently or with a killer urgency.

Against the Chargers we can get away with an undisciplined, sloppy, and the inability

of not finishing off opponents.

A critical fumble, an interception, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and the lack of finishing an opponent at the end if the game is now a trend not a one-off moment.  Add in the generally overly conservative second half  playcalling once again, and this is pause for concern. 

Time for Josh to take the next level of consistent greatness, McDermott laying into his players for undisciplined play, and Daboll getting his offense to execute and finish.

We should expect better execution, consistency, and a first round playoff win this year.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

so the win wasn't dominant enough for you in all 3 phases . Gotcha. Not every Win needs to be a blowout just to justify your perception they are contenders...their record deems them contenders and for me thats enough.  I swear there are many in this fanbase whom will only be happy when the team wins pretty.  I am guessing that ZERO NFL teams hoisting that super bowl trophy lament "Oh but we lost in less than convincing fashion in game 5 " SMH 

Edited by Muppy

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think he was pissed because the Chargers D was playing to injure out there. In addition to the multiple shoves he got on the sideline on that drive, he was also very aware the Chargers defenders were loading up the chicken wing all day and going after guys' heads.

Josh is a very nice young man, but I think he's also the kind of kid that will get genuinely pissed if you ***** with his guys. You smack him in the head and he'll smile and laugh at you; you smack Diggs in the head and he'll tear your throat out.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he was pissed because the Chargers D was playing to injure out there. In addition to the multiple shoves he got on the sideline on that drive, he was also very aware the Chargers defenders were loading up the chicken wing all day and going after guys' heads.

Josh is a very nice young man, but I think he's also the kind of kid that will get genuinely pissed if you ***** with his guys. You smack him in the head and he'll smile and laugh at you; you smack Diggs in the head and he'll tear your throat out.

This. IMO the ball spin that got the unsportsmanlike conduct was after he had gotten hit or shoved out of bounds a couple times.

21 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

This team needs to play significantly better just to make the playoffs given the upcoming schedule. SF is one game out of .500 and a playoff spot and will be extra motivated on MNF even in a possible neutral site.

But any talk of SB or actually winning a playoff game is a pipe dream at best because the Bills aren't close to the same class as the 3 other division leaders and have already lost decisively against two of them with the Steelers on deck in a few weeks.

We beat the chargers by more points than the Chiefs have won their last three by combined but it is a "pipe dream"? I acknowledge we will not win much in the playoffs playing at that level but you act like the Chargers are a college team and every other team is loaded. 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, Wizard said:

Yes, a win is a win. And, yes, Daboll's offensive playcalling and Bills scoring has improved. Kudos and cheers for a win.

But, it is time to move into the level of contenders. I think what separates our playoff-bound Bills from the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans is not executing consistently or with a killer urgency.

Against the Chargers we can get away with an undisciplined, sloppy, and the inability

of not finishing off opponents.

A critical fumble, an interception, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and the lack of finishing an opponent at the end if the game is now a trend not a one-off moment.  Add in the generally overly conservative second half  playcalling once again, and this is pause for concern. 

Time for Josh to take the next level of consistent greatness, McDermott laying into his players for undisciplined play, and Daboll getting his offense to execute and finish.

We should expect better execution, consistency, and a first round playoff win this year.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

https://www.facebook.com/721257333/videos/10158607868502334/

Edited by Peace Frog

On 11/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, FUTURIST said:

They better clean things up or they won't win the Division. 

@ Niners

Steelers

@ Broncos

@ Patriots

Dolphins

Lol

23 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Yes I did, not going to lie about that.

This team is woefully inconsistent but the bigger issue with the offense is Allen seems lost when there is nobody else to throw the ball to and force it diggs way which leads to the turnovers, lack of production, etc. Just can't believe that John Brown is that important to the offense but not having a true NFL caliber TE option has also been a problem.

Has been very few times this year that Josh has looked lost what the ***** are you watching

On 11/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, Sweats said:

For anyone saying we beat them by 2 scores, dont look at the final score....look at the actual game play.

The whole game was a back and forth battle for whoever wanted to lose the game more and apparently the Chargers finally stepped up to the plate 

....we barely beat them.

Looked at the actual game play. And we still beat them by 2 scores. 10 points is 2 scores. A back and forth battle? The game was never tied after the Bills scored first. Do you mean the game being  2 scores was back and forth? Cuz that’s the only thing that went back and forth. 

45 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Looked at the actual game play. And we still beat them by 2 scores. 10 points is 2 scores. A back and forth battle? The game was never tied after the Bills scored first. Do you mean the game being  2 scores was back and forth? Cuz that’s the only thing that went back and forth. 

After years of losing seasons, it seems to me many here are looking for a perfect game.  In those years, those games were the only times Buffalo won.  Buffalo wins and some are like how?  Only good teams win going away while losing the turn over battle.  

The optimistic view is Buffalo has their best football infront of them.  Buffalo has taken the whole season figuring out the best oline group and finding the best dline rotation.  The defense is playing better.  The run game is coming around.  Buffalo cant throw 45 times every game and win the Super Bowl.  If they can pair a compatent run game with the explosive aspects of the passing that plays in any atmosphere.  The defense keeps disrupting passers and causing turnovers thats winning football.

Heres hoping the best games are the last ones of the season.  Those matter most.  Buffalo doesnt have to beat Kc weeks 1 thru 17, just once in January or Feburary.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:26 PM, matter2003 said:

I dunno...I see other teams that so the same things in some games. I think it's a game to game thing and I don't really see this a lot in comparison to other teams. 

I think this is a situation where we watch the Bills very closely every game and we see bits and pieces of other games and we make generalizations based on seeing 100% of Bills games versus maybe 5-10% of other teams games.

They are the second most penalized team in the NFL for the most yardage.

They are allowing to 4.7 ypc  this season versus 4.3 ypc last year and the chief reason is players being undisciplined in the front 7.

Yes, there are worse teams........that "well the Lions are worse" bit is the old Promo argument during the drought............but they are not a disciplined team and when you are not a top  5 scoring team or create a lot of turnovers you really gotta' play a cleaner game to expect to get to a SB.

When I read the title, it made me wonder if you’ve been following me around...

Go Bills!!!