Winning...But Undisciplined and Sloppy

Wizard

5 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

There's still a very real chance this team could lose out or finish 9-7.

I'll say this, the team I saw today has zero chance of beating the Steelers, Dolphins and Pats.....and very little chance of winning @ SF or @ Den for that matter.

It was expected that a true contender would come out of the bye and show separation and instead they tried their best to give the game away and were fortunate to be playing a 3 win team with a lame duck head coach.

'

Bet you thought we had no chance of beating Seattle.  

9 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

There's still a very real chance this team could lose out or finish 9-7.

I'll say this, the team I saw today has zero chance of beating the Steelers, Dolphins and Pats.....and very little chance of winning @ SF or @ Den for that matter.

It was expected that a true contender would come out of the bye and show separation and instead they tried their best to give the game away and were fortunate to be playing a 3 win team with a lame duck head coach.

I hesitate to say this, but this, especially the bolded, is just really dumb.

6 hours ago, Beast said:

I did not like seeing the Bills go in low at Herbert multiple times.

Cheap stuff right there.

I don’t know.  you cant hit a QB high.  and getting low to get past the OL.   I didn’t think we were playing dirty.  

17 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Yes I did, not going to lie about that.

This team is woefully inconsistent but the bigger issue with the offense is Allen seems lost when there is nobody else to throw the ball to and force it diggs way which leads to the turnovers, lack of production, etc. Just can't believe that John Brown is that important to the offense but not having a true NFL caliber TE option has also been a problem.

Give it a rest, Son.  Allen is so lost when there's no one but Diggs to throw the ball to, that's why Beasley has two 100 yd games and is on track to another career year, why Gabe Davis had his 3rd 80 yd (or close to it) game this season etc.

We could use an NFL caliber TE, that part is true.

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Do we actually watch the other games?

Literally every single team outside of Kansas City is "sloppy."  A lot.

The Chargers have a very good team.  They had all their studs on offense and they were neutralized.  We held Allen to 4 catches. 

We are getting better against the run.  And that has to be priority number 1 here down the stretch.  That and improving the run game.  

improving the run game will be huge.  looks like we tried to today. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Give it a rest, Son.  Allen is lost....

He's so lost that he just spent the day making about 8-10 different big plays with his eyes and showing some of the best field vision of any QB in the league, leading the offense to a double digit win with no TE's and while both his OT's were having their worst game of the year and Winters was assembling a matador video compilation for a backup application to Bullfighting U.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's so lost that he just spent the day making about 8-10 different big plays with his eyes and showing some of the best field vision of any QB in the league, leading the offense to a double digit win with no TE's and while both his OT's were having their worst game of the year and Winters was assembling a matador video compilation for a backup application to Bullfighting U.

Matador video compilation 🤣

I suppose he's sponsoring Dawson Knox application as well, at least that's a great description of Knox "blocking" Bosa on the play before Josh's INT where Moss got nailed deep in the backfield

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

improving the run game will be huge.  looks like we tried to today. 

Teams haven’t been planning for our run game for a number of games now. I don’t think our passing games short comings lately has all to do with Brown but a lot to do with the focus and game planning teams are putting in to stop our pass.  If we have another couple games like today where our RBs are getting big gains teams will have to adjust.... Our D has been improving too. If we can run, pass and play solid D by the time we get to playoffs we will make some noise. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Matador video compilation 🤣

I suppose he's sponsoring Dawson Knox application as well, at least that's a great description of Knox "blocking" Bosa on the play before Josh's INT where Moss got nailed deep in the backfield

I was really impressed with Allen's ability to keep his mind right while things were falling apart around him multiple times throughout the game.

Morse and Mongo were good again but outside that he wasn't getting a ton of help out there today. Yet he continued to stay cool and keep seeing the whole field and taking advantage of opportunities both before plays and during, while also keeping the mistakes to a minimum. If guys around him start executing at the level which he typically has been, this offense is going to be a nightmare to defend.

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Point taken, but to be fair those wins came from 2018 Jags, 2019 Phins, 2020 Chargers and all of those games were close.  Notice how we performed the week after the bye weeks.  2018 and 2019 we got destroyed.  

Yes, the W is the most important stat but none of those victories were convincing and were against bottom feeder teams.  

I am sure the Bills will petition the league to schedule them against a good team after their bye and ask to rearrange the schedule in-season if the team they are playing after the bye proves to not be very good...you know....just to make you happy so you can't make excuses for their wins after the bye because they came against "bad" teams.  Never mind that the Steelers are 10-0 and Browns are 8-3 in large part because they play the AFC South and NFC East this year...only the Bills play bad teams tho right?

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I am sure the Bills will petition the league to schedule them against a good team after their bye and ask to rearrange the schedule in-season if the team they are playing after the bye proves to not be very good...you know....just to make you happy so you can't make excuses for their wins after the bye because they came against "bad" teams.  Never mind that the Steelers are 10-0 and Browns are 8-3 in large part because they play the AFC South and NFC East this year...only the Bills play bad teams tho right?

High and right much? 

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

High and right much? 

No, just tired of hearing about only the Bills not playing good teams in "x" game but ignoring the fact that other teams feast on beating bad teams for a lot of wins also.

There is no need to apologize for the schedule you are given but people on this board seemingly want the Bills to play the Chiefs or Steelers every week or the wins aren't "good enough".

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No, just tired of hearing about only the Bills not playing good teams in "x" game but ignoring the fact that other teams feast on beating bad teams for a lot of wins also.

There is no need to apologize for the schedule you are given but people on this board seemingly want the Bills to play the Chiefs or Steelers every week or the wins aren't "good enough".

I’m completely lost....this has nothing to do with my original post.  

We really going to question a team that's about to put together back to back double digit win seasons, make the playoffs, and evolving into one of the best offenses in the league.

Our QB is also 24.  And nowhere near how great he's going to be.  He's still learning and developing.  So sometimes you're going to get sloppy like that 4th Q.  No one seems to be mentioning on that INT....his arm was definitely hit just enough.  I'd just like us to not go these stretches we forget we have Beasley.  

Get that cap space somehow in the next 2 years and get this defense into Steelers territory and we're winning a Super Bowl by 2023.  Maybe sooner.  

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I dunno...I see other teams that so the same things in some games. I think it's a game to game thing and I don't really see this a lot in comparison to other teams. 

I think this is a situation where we watch the Bills very closely every game and we see bits and pieces of other games and we make generalizations based on seeing 100% of Bills games versus maybe 5-10% of other teams games.

Bro, I’ve had similar thoughts before. It was very well thought out and well said!

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Yes I did, not going to lie about that.

This team is woefully inconsistent but the bigger issue with the offense is Allen seems lost when there is nobody else to throw the ball to and force it diggs way which leads to the turnovers, lack of production, etc. Just can't believe that John Brown is that important to the offense but not having a true NFL caliber TE option has also been a problem.

That's not Allen's fault, it was clear today the Bills were more focused on the run game. Woefully inconsistent teams aren't division leaders outside of whatever team in the NFC east. And if you're gonna label the Bills inconsistent, you have to label both the Dolphins and Patriots the same as well. Need more examples? Titans getting blown out by Cinci, Raiders getting blown out by Atlanta etc. Inconsistency hits all teams, not just the Bills, saying woefully is being a tad bit inconsistent

Edited by buffalo2218

11 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah the one on Allen you could kind of understand the call.  Did Allen think and do it deliberately near the defender or was it just instinct, I'll assume instinct, but the Moss call was silly.

I noticed during the game there was a fair amount of jawing back and forth.  52 and 43 for the Chargers were yacking it up quite a bit.  

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I don’t know.  you cant hit a QB high.  and getting low to get past the OL.   I didn’t think we were playing dirty.  

If those hits were on Allen we’d all be screaming about them....and rightfully so.