Winning...But Undisciplined and Sloppy

Wizard

Yes, a win is a win. And, yes, Daboll's offensive playcalling and Bills scoring has improved. Kudos and cheers for a win.

But, it is time to move into the level of contenders. I think what separates our playoff-bound Bills from the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans is not executing consistently or with a killer urgency.

Against the Chargers we can get away with an undisciplined, sloppy, and the inability

of not finishing off opponents.

A critical fumble, an interception, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and the lack of finishing an opponent at the end if the game is now a trend not a one-off moment.  Add in the generally overly conservative second half  playcalling once again, and this is pause for concern. 

Time for Josh to take the next level of consistent greatness, McDermott laying into his players for undisciplined play, and Daboll getting his offense to execute and finish.

We should expect better execution, consistency, and a first round playoff win this year.

Let's Go, Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I dunno...I see other teams that so the same things in some games. I think it's a game to game thing and I don't really see this a lot in comparison to other teams. 

I think this is a situation where we watch the Bills very closely every game and we see bits and pieces of other games and we make generalizations based on seeing 100% of Bills games versus maybe 5-10% of other teams games.

• Like (+1) 12

The Int I can deal with, QB's make bad throws, but the fumble by Allen is just plain dumb, he needs to simply fall on it.  Likely Allen will say in his post game he needs top play smarter, but then the next week he does the same thing again.

The one penalty on Moss was a bad call, but the one by Allen while ticky tack was easy call, he spiked it right at the guys feet and the two roughing calls were fairly easy calls too..

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I liked plenty of stuff from this game but is there some sort of requirement for Bills games to be bad for people with heart conditions?

Not sure at 71 what's going to do in my heart first - COVID or the Bills

Edited by entropyrules
no verb
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, delirious said:

What frustrates me so much is the amount of McDermott preaching fundamentals and mental toughness, and week in and week out, we play so undisciplined and shoot ourselves in the foot. 

Bring back running laps.  Blown coverage?  Five laps of the field.  Dumb penalties?  Take a lap!  Laces wrong on the field goal attempt?  Bojo, take a lap!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, delirious said:

What frustrates me so much is the amount of McDermott preaching fundamentals and mental toughness, and week in and week out, we play so undisciplined and shoot ourselves in the foot. 

Right. There need to be consequences for players lapses—preaching hasn’t worked.

3 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

They better clean things up or they won't win the Division. 

@ Niners

Steelers

@ Broncos

@ Patriots

Dolphins

If the Bills do win it will you promise to just post under one name?

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 5

whelp. let the complaining and nit picking begin, after a win.

these are professionals, chargers actually have a good team and played tough. bills came out of the bye not as prepared and played like it.

to sit there and try and find every reason they should of lost is, well, just like a bills fan, or some anyway.

8-3

on to the 49ers.

enjoy all that cheese with your whine!

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Amd we just saw an entire season worth of clock management mistakes in this game by Anthony Lynn...that is why they are 3-8

And he was almost our HC over McDermott - and people (rightfully) complain about McDermott’s clock management.... yikes, what I saw from Lynn should be fireable right now

Just now, Real McNasty said:

The refs were actually wrong on several calls in this game and they were undisciplined.

That call on Moss was a headscratcher...initially I thought he threw the ball at the Charger defender when he got up but then the other angle showed he threw it nowhere near him and he was just giving the ball back...that was a terrible call.

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

whelp. let the complaining and nit picking begin, after a win.

these are professionals, chargers actually have a good team and played tough. bills came out of the bye not as prepared and played like it.

to sit there and try and find every reason they should of lost is, well, just like a bills fan, or some anyway.

8-4

on to the 49ers.

enjoy all that cheese with your whine!

8-3 bro...8-3.

• Thank you (+1) 3