Around the League Week 12

YoloinOhio

The 75 combined net passing yards in the Broncos-Saints game must be some sort of low for the past 40 or 50 years I would think...anyone see anything on the last time 2 teams combined totalled 75 or fewer passing yards in a game?

Edited by matter2003

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The 75 combined net passing yards in the Broncos-Saints game must be some sort of low for the past 40 or 50 years I would think...anyone see anything on the last time 2 teams combined totalled 75 or fewer passing yards in a game?

That snow game vs the Colts a while back seems like it could be a contender.

We also had a game vs the Browns a few years ago where the combination of bad weather and two really bad teams resulted in some frighteningly bad offense.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Carr had a miserable day, fumbling the ball away three times in addition to delivering the pick that Jones returned for his fifth career TD. Nathan Peterman finished out the game at quarterback while Carr watched from the bench, a pained look on his face.

😂

Peterman escaped his cage?

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Simon said:

We also had a game vs the Browns a few years ago where the combination of bad weather and two really bad teams resulted in some frighteningly bad offense.

I watched that game at a browns bar in SC and we took turns giving each other sympathy. I doubt they would be as cool now as they were then, make be I would be different also.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

In the 70s (Namath was still with the Jets) theyplayed the Bills here in  a near hurricane. I believe the first completed pass was  in the later part of the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

that 6-3 one? Derek Anderson did his part with like 20 yards but Trent Edwards was triple digits.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Brady actually shook Mahomes hand after losing. We have a breakthrough.

4 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Nah, Brady is basically a bully. He has the guts to stand up to nobody’s like Foles and Goff, but doesn’t have the courage to do the same to the new golden boy. 

The only thing that changed was him getting blasted all week by the media for doing it to Goff. I'm sure he would have been happy to pout to the locker room but didn't want more bad optics.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Nah, Brady is basically a bully. He has the guts to stand up to nobody’s like Foles and Goff, but doesn’t have the courage to do the same to the new golden boy. 

Or his publicist is following twitter and other forums so he told him it will be hard for him to replace Luke or Noah on "As the World Turns" if he keeps up this refusing to shake opponents' hands.

• Haha (+1) 1

As much as every fanbase (aside from NE) feels like their team has the most heartbreaking history, imagine being a Falcons fan for the past 5 years.

You were an elite team for a few seasons. You finally get to the Super Bowl. You're winning 28-3 in the second half, and even after letting NE get to within 8 points, you drive the ball all the way down to their 20 something yard line with a couple minutes to go. A few plays later you could chip in a FG and go up 11, avoiding a historic meltdown. 

But we all know what happened: they threw the ball, which stopped the clock with an incomplete. Then they ran and got a holding penalty. Then "Matty Ice" got sacked and they didn't even get to try a FG. 

And then they imploded. 

It's like since the Super Bowl, every thing that could go wrong has. They have practically invented ways to lose in gut-wrenching fashion, like the RB accidently scoring a TD this season. 

And I say LOL after what they put America through in that Super Bowl!