Around the League Week 12

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

49ers are a tough team but they are not the kind of team that usually destroys us ( ie spreads us out then runs on us) I think if we line up and play tough we should be able to beat them. The run is coming, and if we stop it we can win. 

Mullens always find a way to derail the game, that's the issue with SF  right now.  And the defense is inconsistent without several of his starters out, mainly Bosa

6 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

49ers are a tough team but they are not the kind of team that usually destroys us ( ie spreads us out then runs on us) I think if we line up and play tough we should be able to beat them. The run is coming, and if we stop it we can win. 

Agree because unlike the Titans I don't think if you overplay the run the 49ers with Mullens have the armoury to really punish you. Think we need our oline to protect better than it did today though.

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

A big FU to Arizona. Losing on the final play of the game sucks, doesn't it??

Pats won the way the Dolphins did.  AZ kicker missed a kick that would have given them the lead/tie.  Almost wish our game would have come down to a field goal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

I would expect to get that call if Allen takes a forearm to the head. Can't touch the QBs head.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He raised his arm and hit his head. Hate on the rule if you want but they call that every time.

He tried to deflect the ball, and it was physically impossible to stop.  He grazed him.  I get the technicality but come on.

Just now, HappyDays said:

He raised his arm and hit his head. Hate on the rule if you want but they call that every time.

I don't think he actually hit his head. He was trying to block the pass and it looked like he was trying to slow up and ended up avoided hitting him in the head.

So: you can't hit a QB low. You can't hit him high. You can't push them on their asses. Wtf are you supposed to do?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That flag is a joke.  I'm sorry.

I mean it was correct call it’s just a dumb rule.  ANY contact to QB’s head is a penalty.  They should revise the rule to eliminate some of minor hand swatting that Qb takes to the head.

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Mahomes apparently can just ask for flags whenever it's convenient

"I just threw a pick, please bail me out"

You're not allowed to try to block his passes, apparently. So annoying, some of these RTP penalties are so soft.

I find the whole pointing to where you got hit to ask for flags extremely annoying, but maybe I’m way too old school. 

• Like (+1) 1