Kroft and Murphy inactive

YoloinOhio

I am hopeful the Bills running game will go OFF today and for obvious reasons.  Keeping drives going,  setting up the passes we will attempt as the defense will need to play both contingencies, keep their offense off the field .....may I just say though that PLEASE resist the temptation to use Josh Allen unduly on called running plays. IMO yes he is a massively talented athlete who has emerged as the undisputed franchise QB and I would prefer he Not be taking unnecessary touches and chances with his health when a RB could and can take those touches. JMO

Edited by Muppy

Just now, NewEra said:

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try and continually get better with the run game.  You can’t get better unless you try and work on it.  Do you want to win a SB or win the division?  If we remain one dimensional, we’ll surely win the division....and surely won’t win the SB.

Let's see how a Morse Feliciano line works out today. Running left should work well.  Feliciano is a mauler at the point of attack and Winters can pull left. 

A few designed runs for Josh will help too.  

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

FYI, Kroft as you pointed out was a contact COVID-19 scratch not an actual infection. There is nothing to recover from.

My words were "work back into peak form".  People who are on the covid list for any reason are barred from the facility and need to work out on their own. 

A lot of them have gyms and workout equipment at home, but with a newborn infant at home it wouldn't shock me if Kroft had moved to a hotel or the like and been limited in what he could do while in quarantine.

Maybe this is McDermott's way of telling Knox that you had better perform well today against an inferior opponent or YOU will be the one getting scratched the rest of the season and not Kroft or Smith.

HC's have a weird way of delivering a message sometimes.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Barring injury Murphy won't be active the rest of the year

Not sure this is correct.  My guess is DE will rotate based on QB style.  Epenesa has been valuable against athletic QBs as a way to help prevent certain plays.  

Mullins next week is more of a pocket passer - would not be surprised to see Murphy against SF and probably Pittsburgh.

They are matching styles and play on defense with specific players to help out - similar to what the offense is doing with TE and gameplans.