Kroft and Murphy inactive

YoloinOhio

Just now, Chicharito said:

I think it means we try and run more to try and keep Herbert off the field!

I agree. They’ll try to get the run game going and control TOP. 

Just now, Process said:

What a miss the Kroft signing was. 

I feel he’s performed well this year. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, AmishRifle said:

Did I miss that something happened to Trent Murphy?  Didn't see him on the injury report??  Someone please shed some light on this for me.

No I believe these are healthy scratches 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now what the hells wrong with Kroft?  Our TE's are worthless. 

Nothing he’s healthy 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Intrigue. What does this mean. Lee Smith active over Kroft?? 

More rush attempts.

2 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Thanks @YoloinOhio  I find the healthy scratch of Murphy odd.  More so than Tyler Kroft...although I think Tyler is our best pass catching TE.  Trust the process!!

Kroft is easily our most complete TE. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

What can possibly be the justification for making your most effective TE inactive?

*I guess they may be going all out to run the ball

I suspect that has a lot to do with it, sure hope they don’t out smart themselves, Kroft can block and he gets open, and he catches passes, Sometimes I feel like Daboll doesn’t understand how to work the running game into his pass first offense, we shall see, 🤞 

Go Bills!!! Kick some azs fellas! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

I should clarify. He's clearly the best TE we have. But when you pay a guy $5M+ to be a healthy scratch the signing is clearly a bust. 

I’m not sure it’s that clear. Daboll changed the offense this year to where they use the TEs differently, they are mostly used as Hback and blocking, they don’t usually play 2 at a time. This is different than when he was signed, they ran a ton of 12 personnel. It appears they are playing their best blocking TEs today as part of a specific game plan. I don’t anticipate they would change that approach just because they paid Kroft 5 mill. They just want to win the game. And Kroft has made some huge plays for this team - the Steelers game last year that clinched a playoff berth and the Rams game this year to name a couple. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1