Week 12 Bills vs. Chargers PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, stosh64 said:

Kroft takes a seat and Knox is back.  Time to step up Dawson.

Murphy takes the bench and Horrible Harry is back in.  Will he be back to form pre injury?

I did NOT see that coming.  Kroft has been our best TE IMO.

Unless being on the Covid list as a close contact for the AZ set him back somehow.

I think we're really focused on run blocking here.  I just hope Lee "False Start" Smith is "locked in"

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... it’s hard to be offended by that. Herbert had been pretty amazing. 

I watched and didn’t take it as a slight to Allen at all. 

I wouldn’t say I’m offended by it. It’s right on brand for Warner.  I’ve watched Warner comment on Allen quite a bit, and even when Allen does well his comments generally have a “yeah, but” vibe to them. Combine that with the Dunne article, I’m not surprised. 

12 minutes ago, balln said:

hes nowhere near marshawn lynch

need better RBs than this roster. I think yeldon is better than both

Be nice to see Yeldon get some play time. 

Myself personally, getting the run game going in all liklihood was Dabolls top priority going into the bye week IMO.  

Get your motor running...

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did NOT see that coming.  Kroft has been our best TE IMO.

Unless being on the Covid list as a close contact for the AZ set him back somehow.

I think we're really focused on run blocking here.  I just hope Lee "False Start" Smith is "locked in"

Maybe they need Smith to help with chipping Bosa?

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Leads me to believe a run heavy game. 

That would be silly.  But I do think we want the run game to work.

PS and isn't Murphy one of our best run defenders?

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Lee Smith over Kroft....run the rock?

I think "help blocking Bosa" may be more like it.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

True another very fitting one, but not many I can think of maybe Denver Broncos, San Fran 49's, but how many rams are there in LA or giants in NY or panthers in Carolina?  Likely the last thing you'll find in New Orleans is a Saint.

you're on a roll there. good eye and lol @ the saints

56 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Don't understand the Browns one?

dawg pound?

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would be silly.  But I do think we want the run game to work.

PS and isn't Murphy one of our best run defenders?

Yeah, I wasn’t clear: I meant run heavy for the Bills. I hope I’m wrong but the Chargers are weak against the run so Bills may try to exploit that. 

As for Murphy, I feel as though he’s been solid this year save a few loss of contains earlier in the season. 

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Leads me to believe a run heavy game. 

Its like they have purposefully Telegraphed the intent to go run heavy for two weeks, giving the opponent a heads up, now why would a coach do that? Is it a ruse? Or do they think they have figured out how to integrate a run game into a pass first offense? We shall see, 

Go Bills!!!

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I wouldn’t say I’m offended by it. It’s right on brand for Warner.  I’ve watched Warner comment on Allen quite a bit, and even when Allen does well his comments generally have a “yeah, but” vibe to them. Combine that with the Dunne article, I’m not surprised. 

Exactly, I'm not offended by it, but the sum total of Warner's body of work plus his contributions to the Dunne article call any "objective analyst" role into question.  For example Warner if anyone ought to know what it's like for a QB to play injured and how having the ball go just inches out from where you intend to place it affects the game.  Allen is visibly wearing a freakin' linebacker brace in the Tenn and KC games and Warner is all (paraphrasing) "Allen is only good when he doesn't have to think and can just stand back and sling it in there vs man, zone is too hard for him" as though there's nothing else going on but more zone coverage and as though Beasley hasn't had a couple 100 yd feasts as he and Allen picked them some zone D apart.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Its like they have purposefully Telegraphed the intent to go run heavy for two weeks, giving the opponent a heads up, now why would a coach do that? Is it a ruse? Or do they think they have figured out how to integrate a run game into a pass first offense? We shall see, 

Go Bills!!!

I don’t think they are going to go run heavy. They are trying to run *effectively*. Right now defenses don’t respect their run game and are blitzing a lot. That needs to change. They need to be More balanced. Not run heavy. And playing Lee Smith will help keep Bosa in check when we are trying to pass (hopefully). Not having Ingram on the other side will also help.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1