Trump 2024?

Tiberius

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Why indeed ?

Why Are the Democrats Working so Feverishly to Deny Trump the 2024 GOP Nomination,

When They Should Be Praying He Wins It?

Mike Miller

With multiple polls showing Republican support for a 2024 Trump run collapsing, the former president beleaguered by key midterm losses by candidates he strongly backed, courtroom setbacks, and mindblowing unforced errors — blameable only on Trump — the Democrat Party would be wise to shut the hell up about Trump, sit back, keep their powder dry, and watch Trump’s self-immolation take its course.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/12/17/why-are-the-democrats-working-so-feverishly-to-deny-trump-the-2024-gop-nomination-when-they-should-be-praying-he-wins-it-n674959

Is that true?  Or just more fake news. 

"As an American, the idea of another Trump campaign and all of his lies and divisiveness and his efforts to undermine American democracy is an absolute horror show," Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with the Democrats, told The New York Times ahead of Trump's announcement. "On the other hand, I got to say that as a politician who wants to see that no Republican is elected to the White House in 2024, from that perspective, his candidacy is probably a good thing."

"I think we would all like Donald Trump to run again," Terry McAuliffe, the former Virginia governor and Democratic National Committee chairman, said in a recent interview.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Why indeed ?

Why Are the Democrats Working so Feverishly to Deny Trump the 2024 GOP Nomination,

When They Should Be Praying He Wins It?

Mike Miller

With multiple polls showing Republican support for a 2024 Trump run collapsing, the former president beleaguered by key midterm losses by candidates he strongly backed, courtroom setbacks, and mindblowing unforced errors — blameable only on Trump — the Democrat Party would be wise to shut the hell up about Trump, sit back, keep their powder dry, and watch Trump’s self-immolation take its course.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/12/17/why-are-the-democrats-working-so-feverishly-to-deny-trump-the-2024-gop-nomination-when-they-should-be-praying-he-wins-it-n674959

here is another liberal MSM article making a mockery of your narrative. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-11-21/skelton-trump-running-2024-weak-candidate?_amp=true

And another. LOL

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/07/14/bidenworld-fellow-dems-dreaming-of-a-trump-pre-midterm-announcement-00045969

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

or maybe because the right believe everything they read. 😂

Perhaps because everything they read turns out to be true, according this news article…👍

I actually can’t remember a “conspiracy theory” in the last 10 years that didn’t end up being true…

In fact, it happens so often, people have now figured out that when the government or msm call something “conspiracy theory”, it means it’s probably true, and government just didn’t want people to know about it…😉

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some strong points made in this piece:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/03/20/indictment-trump-bad-vote-00087892

"It is hard for a candidate to tell voters “I’m with you” when he is mainly consumed with narrow, personal complaints and crackpot conspiracy theories. Plenty of Americans can see themselves in an older white man scorned by liberals and the media for his crude manner and bigoted ideas. Fewer are likely to see themselves in a wealthy husband paying hush money to conceal his debauched sex life and whining about the unfairness of his circumstances in every public outing."

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/17/2022 at 4:00 PM, nedboy7 said:

or maybe because the right believe everything they read. 😂

Yes, conservatives are slow but all the libs are totally grounded in reality.  So please explain to us all how a man menstrates?  Find one and show "him" to us.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

36 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes, conservatives are slow but all the libs are totally grounded in reality.  So please explain to us all how a man menstrates?  Find one and show "him" to us.

The fact that you think most liberals get involved in identity politics shows how brain washed you are by media. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

When I see trans people i think wtf.  but I'm not in their brains or emotions.  I guess they think they're trapped in the wrong body.  some of this is psych stuff but it's real to them.   I agree that any invasive procedures be delayed til age 18.  We're not all or even generally on the fringe.

• Like (+1) 3

Today is supposed to be I-Day — indictment day — in New York City. For the 7th consecutive year, the loony left is predicting the imminent indictment and arrest of President Trump.

The walls are closing in! Comey-Mueller-NYC DA have him right where they want him. He will be frog-marched and perp-walked.

Just like Karl Rove.

Just like Dick Cheney.

The charge is he paid off Stormy Daniels, a prostitute — or as the media now calls them, an adult entertainment actress — who claimed she had sex with him. The case has bounced around in civil court where a judge ruled that her lawsuit was so frivolous that Daniels would have to pay him!

As for this I-Day, Republicans know the drill and frankly, the dog-and-pony shows have become boring.

Her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, is a man of his convictions — of which there are three and he will spend the next 20 years in federal prison for being a crook.

If only his name were Biden, he would be a free man. His lawyer has demanded that the IRS inspector general look into President Trump for targeting him.

https://donsurber.substack.com/p/avenatti-says-theres-no-case-against?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1115457&post_id=109641554&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Might as well throw this here.

Nobody likes Mike Pence

MCKAY COPPINS

Mike Pence is making little secret of his presidential ambitions. He’s written his book, he’s assembling his team, he’s mastered the art of the coy non-denial when somebody asks (in between trips to Iowa) if he’s running. In early Republican-primary polls, he hovers between 6 and 7 percent—not top-tier numbers, but respectable enough. He seems to think he has at least an outside shot at winning the Republican nomination.

And yet, ask a Republican voter about the former vice president, and you’re likely to hear some of the most withering commentary you’ve ever encountered about a politician. …

I’ve always been skeptical of his chances, but now that he finally seems ready to run, I wanted to understand the appeal of his prospective candidacy. My goal was to see if I could find at least one Pence supporter.

In recent weeks, I was invited to sit in on a series of focus groups conducted over Zoom. Organized by the political consultant Sarah Longwell, the groups consisted of Republican voters who’d supported Donald Trump in both 2016 and 2020. The participants were all over the country—suburban Atlanta, rural Illinois, San Diego—and they varied in their current opinions of Trump. In some cases, Longwell filtered for voters who should be in Pence’s target demographic. One group consisted entirely of two-time Trump voters who didn’t want him to run again; another was made up of conservative evangelicals, who might presumably appreciate Pence’s roots in the religious right.

I’ve been covering Pence’s strange Trump-era arc since 2017, when I first profiled him for The Atlantic. By some accounts, he’s wanted to be president since his college-fraternity days. I’ve always been skeptical of his chances, but now that he finally seems ready to run, I wanted to understand the appeal of his prospective candidacy. My goal was to see if I could find at least one Pence supporter.

Instead, these were some of the quotes I jotted down.

“I don’t care for him … He’s just middle-of-the-road to me. If there was someone halfway better, I wouldn’t vote for him.”

“He has alienated every Republican and Democrat … It’s over. It’s retirement time.”

“He’s only gonna get the vote from his family, and I’m not even sure if they like him.”

“He just needs to go away.”

It went on and on like that across four different focus groups. Of the 34 Republicans who participated, I heard only four people say they’d consider Pence for president—and two of them immediately started talking themselves out of it after indicating interest.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2023/03/gop-voters-mike-pence-2024-presidential-bid/673448/?utm_source=feed

Yes doing the right thing on Jan 6 has eliminated him from serious consideration in the R primary.

• Eyeroll 1

ANN ALTHOUSE:

Trump has caused the New York Times to write a front page article about his purported positivity about performing a perp walk! 

“See? Their idea is that he’s crazy and delusional and out of touch with reality.

Do they even consider that he’s playing them and just doing what he always does and making the best of whatever misfortune comes his way? It’s just media judo.

Can’t they recognize it by now?”

Trump’s narrative is that the Establishment is united against him, and will violate any rules it wants to to try to get him.

The more they confirm that narrative — which is basically true — they more they reinforce it.

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2023/03/trump-has-caused-new-york-times-to.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/21/us/politics/trump-pending-indictment.html?smid=url-share