Trump 2024?

Tiberius

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I disagree. Most people just don't dislike Biden. Many more people just hate Trump. 

Add to that the abortion problem the GOP will have with any candidate, especially Trump, the guy who appointed three anti-choice judges.

I don’t know about liking or not liking Biden, I’m really talking about his agenda and why people voted for him.  

Although, the hypocrisy of the voting public was on full display in 2020. 

Biden was an architect of the legislation targeting disenfranchised communities in the 70s, 80s and 90s, an acknowleged associate and close friend notorious senatorial lech and intern-drowner Ted Kennedy and segregationists, a guy known for lying through his feet on just about every topic imaginable, and a guy with a history of making cringeworthy racial comments over several decades.  He’s also an acknowledged groper, though he phrased it a bit differently. 

People vote on agendas, which is what I said, and what you’ve said twice now.  I would be hard pressed to think I could describe the actions of Joe Biden, remove the political affiliation from the equation and have you say “So he trashed a few minorities, and grabbed a few ladies, and hung out with the KKK…sounds like a really cool guy and awesome leader.”. 

51 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You seem to be very good at attempting to putting words in peoples mouths and thoughts in their heads ....not going to work with me. 

FFS...The GOP DID NOT EVEN PUBLISH A PLATFORM FOR THE 2020 ELECTION. 

GOP is broken...call me when they aren't....

You're seeing spies in the woods, and creating a narrative from my response that doesn't exist. 

I said that people voted for Biden because his agenda appealed to them.  

You said:  

Give me something to vote for. I don't necessaily like the Dems solutions...but at least they are trying... 

You also shared your journey from pre-Clinton-era GOP voter to Biden voter and opined how I didn't consider voters like you.  I said that represented presumptuous thinking on your part, which it did.  I could have pointed out that your journey--while compelling in it's own right--had nothing to do with the subject at hand.  

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

FFS...The GOP DID NOT EVEN PUBLISH A PLATFORM FOR THE 2020 ELECTION. 

That was astonishing when it happened. But I predict that it will now be the norm for both parties. Elections are increasingly about abstract feelings (“make America great,” “build back better”) than about concrete proposals (“we support federal legislation making abortion available on demand up to 15 weeks, and banning it thereafter,” or “we support legalization and regulation of marijuana along the model of alcohol regulation”). Good luck finding any specifics in the 2024 “policy” debates. 

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That was astonishing when it happened. But I predict that it will now be the norm for both parties. Elections are increasingly about abstract feelings (“make America great,” “build back better”) than about concrete proposals (“we support federal legislation making abortion available on demand up to 15 weeks, and banning it thereafter,” or “we support legalization and regulation of marijuana along the model of alcohol regulation”). Good luck finding any specifics in the 2024 “policy” debates. 

I will put my marker down right here that the Democratic Party will release a policy platform for 2024.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t know about liking or not liking Biden, I’m really talking about his agenda and why people voted for him.  

Although, the hypocrisy of the voting public was on full display in 2020. 

Biden was an architect of the legislation targeting disenfranchised communities in the 70s, 80s and 90s, an acknowleged associate and close friend notorious senatorial lech and intern-drowner Ted Kennedy and segregationists, a guy known for lying through his feet on just about every topic imaginable, and a guy with a history of making cringeworthy racial comments over several decades.  He’s also an acknowledged groper, though he phrased it a bit differently. 

People vote on agendas, which is what I said, and what you’ve said twice now.  I would be hard pressed to think I could describe the actions of Joe Biden, remove the political affiliation from the equation and have you say “So he trashed a few minorities, and grabbed a few ladies, and hung out with the KKK…sounds like a really cool guy and awesome leader.”. 

I just think the public voted for the obviously better man, period. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the cleanest pig in the mud hole analogy is appropriate to describe the 2020 choice the two major parties presented to the voters.    

That sounds like the losers point of view. Biden was a good man, Trump is just warm crap 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're seeing spies in the woods, and creating a narrative from my response that doesn't exist. 

I said that people voted for Biden because his agenda appealed to them.  

You said:  

Give me something to vote for. I don't necessaily like the Dems solutions...but at least they are trying... 

You also shared your journey from pre-Clinton-era GOP voter to Biden voter and opined how I didn't consider voters like you.  I said that represented presumptuous thinking on your part, which it did.  I could have pointed out that your journey--while compelling in it's own right--had nothing to do with the subject at hand.  

As my mom would say to her 6 kids....You need to go outside

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I will put my marker down right here that the Democratic Party will release a policy platform for 2024.

I agree.

Watch the House R's after they get the gavel in 2023....Are they going to try to solve inflation, gas prices, immigration, crime....like they campaigned on?...Or talk about Fauci, the origin of CV. laptops and Afghanistan?  

Edited by TH3

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

As my mom would say to her 6 kids....You need to go outside

Your mom sounds nice, and that's good advice at times.  However, she probably also should have told you that in polite society, you should be strong enough to defend your position when you make allegations. That's especially true when you initiate the conversation.

Then again, even well-intentioned parents enable their children.  Maybe next time have one of the other 5 nearby to explain things to you? 

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Or, that people pretend to be offended by certain things, but only up until there is something in it for them. 

Most people hate sexual assault, scapegoating of groups of people and hateful stupidity 

Biden was like the opposite guy to that. The mid terms proved the people are happy with their choice 

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Most people hate sexual assault, scapegoating of groups of people and hateful stupidity 

Biden was like the opposite guy to that. The mid terms proved the people are happy with their choice 

I'm not sure who you're trying to convince.  The record on Biden is clear, dates back nearly 50 years, and often flies in direct contrast to what you're saying.  All I'm doing is acknowledging that in spite of his obvious issues--issues that saw him laughed out of prior presidential races, he offered tangible benefits to people and they were willing to look past his transgressions.  

I think a valid comparison is Kamala Harris.  She knows Biden, worked with him, knows of his history with women and so much more behind the scenes.  She said she believed the woman who accused him of violent sexual assault, but at the same time, Biden offered her a plum opportunity to elevate her profile.  So, the victim gets kicked to the curb, Kamala gets something of tremendous value, not unlike a voter in upstate NY with student loan debt and a $20k (or more) boondoggle thrown their way, or abortion on demands, whatever. 

You can't erase 50 years of Biden issues just because he's your boy.  

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Why indeed ?

Why Are the Democrats Working so Feverishly to Deny Trump the 2024 GOP Nomination,

When They Should Be Praying He Wins It?

Mike Miller

With multiple polls showing Republican support for a 2024 Trump run collapsing, the former president beleaguered by key midterm losses by candidates he strongly backed, courtroom setbacks, and mindblowing unforced errors — blameable only on Trump — the Democrat Party would be wise to shut the hell up about Trump, sit back, keep their powder dry, and watch Trump’s self-immolation take its course.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/12/17/why-are-the-democrats-working-so-feverishly-to-deny-trump-the-2024-gop-nomination-when-they-should-be-praying-he-wins-it-n674959

Because the Left bases their actions on emotion instead of logic…This is why they often do and say stupid things that make no sense…🤣🤣🤣

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Why indeed ?

Why Are the Democrats Working so Feverishly to Deny Trump the 2024 GOP Nomination,

When They Should Be Praying He Wins It?

Mike Miller

With multiple polls showing Republican support for a 2024 Trump run collapsing, the former president beleaguered by key midterm losses by candidates he strongly backed, courtroom setbacks, and mindblowing unforced errors — blameable only on Trump — the Democrat Party would be wise to shut the hell up about Trump, sit back, keep their powder dry, and watch Trump’s self-immolation take its course.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/12/17/why-are-the-democrats-working-so-feverishly-to-deny-trump-the-2024-gop-nomination-when-they-should-be-praying-he-wins-it-n674959

It's like asking a drug addict why they keep using when deep down they know sobriety would the the best thing for them.  TDS is a hell of a drug.