Denver forced to play with no QB

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I said, early in the year, every team should have had a week off every fourth week. To get rest or for makeup games.

It would have stretched the season into March but, under the circumstances, would anyone care?

No and I actually think most fans would Love it. I get so depressed once football ends in February 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I get that this is a tough year, and I'm grateful we have football.

But the league is terrible at this. It is NOT hard to set up standards:  if you're missing x players, or certain positions, the game gets postponed.

This is a complete double-standard when you look at what they did for the Ravens & Titans.  

Actually, if you look at it, there is some logical consistency here:

- The Titans and Ravens had their games postponed because they had rampant, unchecked spread within the whole team. This was a directly result of their not following any of the rules. The game couldn’t be played because nobody knew who was and wasn’t at risk of being positive because procedures hadn’t been followed. These teams followed 0% of the rules. 

- The Broncos seemed to have followed procedures that allow for proper tracing and identification of positives and potential close contacts. Where they’re in trouble is lack of mask wearing which forces an entire position group to sit out. They followed 50% of the rules.

The problem becomes, because the NFL so thoroughly ***** up in their punishment of the Titans and subsequently the Ravens, you now have a team that followed the rules to a point being forced into a de facto forfeit while the teams that followed none of the rules get to rest up and play later.

If the league had said from the get go: “if you break the rules and can’t play because you don’t have enough players available, you forfeit” we would have consistency. 

Broncos best bet would be to say ***** it and try to get the rest of the team testing positive tonight so they get into the “Broke all the rules, lets accommodate them” circle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

But the league is terrible at this. It is NOT hard to set up standards:  if you're missing x players, or certain positions, the game gets postponed.

This is a complete double-standard when you look at what they did for the Ravens & Titans.  

Disagree.   They don't wear masks.  Too bad.  Figure it out.  

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Disagree.   They don't wear masks.  Too bad.  Figure it out.  

Yep. But now apply the same standard to teams that ***** up the schedule cause they weren’t following the rules. This should have been simple:

“Break the rules and have players unavailable? Tough. Play with with what you go. Don’t got enough players? Forfeiture until you do. Follow the damn rules next time.”

9 minutes ago, Success said:

The league doesn’t care all that much, they already don’t enforce penalties equally and they don’t care about that,  also  they allowed a certain team to constantly cheat for twenty years, so what do you expect? Its not like there is a law saying they gotta do things in an equitable fashion. Ya just gotta accept what the product really is, or move on. There is no other choice. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Also, real talk here: why can’t the saints loan them Jameis? I know what you’re thinking: he could intentionally try to throw it to the wrong team.... but.... would we notice?...

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Maybe cause it has already been determined they broke protocol. They don't have QBs cause of positive tests....big difference in circumstance than the other rescheduled games

The Ravens and Titans broke way more protocols than the Broncos....

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Former Wake QB, current Broncos ps WR Kendall Hinton likely to start..... anyone else completely shocked if he’s the best “QB” on the field tomorrow?

Opportunity is a knockin for Kendall Hinton, 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

AS A FAN OF THE GAME, I insist this game be postponed. 

As a fan of the game, I insist that the league be sold to someone who cares a little bit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the Broncos’ own fault. We keep Fromm on his own to have an emergency QB. They mismanaged their personnel.

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

AS A FAN OF THE GAME, I insist this game be postponed if no QB is able to suit up.  This would be a farce.  

Not a farce. The Broncos decided not afford themselves an emergency QB knowing the protocols.