Denver forced to play with no QB

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m thinking penalty shots/bong hits for every absurd play outcome, reminds me of years ago when a bunch of us watched Outlaw Jose Wales and did a shot every time someone got killed, we didn’t last through the first half hour.,. 😁

Don, leave it to you with all if you’re lines.  Reminds me in college in my fraternity house, we had a bar/lounge on the third floor.  We would watch Sunday after dinner, Star Trek (the original reruns).  We had kegs and a full bar, etc.  there would be at least 20 of us or more in a room made for maybe 8.  Every time you heard the swoosh for the doors on Enterprise, you had to drink.

The worst was a horrible snowstorm, and we were stuck in the house.  We did the same for Scarface, but the trigger to drink was every time you heard that word that was said all the time in that movie.  Lots of headaches that next day.  Never saw so many hungover brothers in my life.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If Eddie Rutkowski could QB the Bills, then Kendall Hinton (sounds like a law firm) can QB the Broncos.

and what was Eddie’s record in those games? 0-fer. Meaning he COULDN’T play QB. 

7 hours ago, Putin said:

There are 31 teams I’m sure someone has a QB on their PS can’t be any worse then starting a WR who haven’t played the position in years 

Couldn’t get a new guy through team protocol in time.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This is the dumbest thing I’ve seen.  The Ravens have an outbreak, I get it. What about the Pats and Titans?  

Honestly, at this point and how things are going, I’d cancel this week and next, and just push the season back. Let people get it together. 

Jmo, but I think the time to postpone/reschedule games has come & gone. Few -if any teams- have a bye left and every week through the SB is now filled up.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jmo, but I think the time to postpone/reschedule games has come & gone. Few -if any teams- have a bye left and every week through the SB is now filled up.

I still say they will end up having to move the Superbowl back. The decision that has been taken here, IMO, is that a team that isn't making the playoffs in any event will just have to accept the disadvantage for the sake of keeping the season on track. If the boot was on the other foot and the Saints were the team who had lost all their QBs I think a different decision would have been taken.

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

The reactions in this thread are amusing, considering our own team would have played a game without a TE but for the serendipity of a baby being born.

BuT mUH faIrNESs!

Don't we play without a TE most weeks? 

• Haha (+1) 5

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Why not reschedule this one?

Did they reschedule it when our TE room couldnt play???? What makes thr QB position any different. We need consistency... if their is an outbreak reschedule and if one position group cant play then game should still go on

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Add a week to the end of the season or make the decision to cut it short.  Either way, this has been escalating and they seem to have this “push through it” approach.  

It does feel different depending on the team though. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Did they reschedule it when our TE room couldnt play???? What makes thr QB position any different. We need consistency... if their is an outbreak reschedule and if one position group cant play then game should still go on

“What makes the QB position any different “???

You’re kidding, right? Please tell us you’re kidding.

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The games are moved for medical reasons NOT personnel reasons. 

Exactly! For all those complaining that they didn't do this to the Ravens or Titans, the difference is, those teams had real cases and they could not take the chance of infecting the other players or opposing team. 

In this case, they blatantly did not follow the rules. No one is infected, they just disobeyed the league directives. The result, those players sit as a penalty. The only way the NFL is going to get full compliance is, so no more warnings, time for action (I really felt this is what should have happened to the Raiders).

For all the conspiracy theorist here, understand, this is a simple matter: They didn't do what they were supposed to do, now they suffer the consequences for it. To add to the Elway and Vic. F. stupidity in Denver, neither did they have an emergency plan in place (like the Bills do with Fromm). ... "Stupid is as stupid does." .... Or, should it be "stupidity breads stupidity"?

In the end, I have no sympathy for Denver, they're getting what they deserve as an organization.

Having said that, just for the fun story it could be, I hope the PS WR Hinton leads them to a win today. That would be the "cherry on top" of this entire episode.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When the contact tracing is delayed without isolating the contacts (which from the sound if it is what happened in Denver), long enough to get into the period where people can start to become infectious, you're potentially in an outbreak situation.

You just don't know it yet. 

Agreed. but to my point about the exposure being Weds, the positive test returned Thurs am, and the QBs not identified as close contacts until Saturday afternoon - by not identifying and immediately isolating the close contacts, they aren't cleanly in the latter situation any more.

This Hap is the only reason I could see them moving the game - if the medical team feels there was risk of exposure from the guys on Thursday and Friday.

I think they are lumping them in a very low risk group and feel they are safe, but they have been wrong before - we will see.

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It's a weird irony that the team that does worse is somehow better off for it.

Not sure I agree with this - Denver will be missing their QBs, but pretty much back to normal by next week.

The Ravens will be missing 15-20 players when they play Steelers and as some of their players tested positive this weekend - may not be available for next weeks game either.  Lamar could miss 2 games if he does not clear in time.

Edited by Rochesterfan

22 minutes ago, Utah John said:

This is a terrible decision.  The Ravens have been given all sorts of rescheduling gifts because Jackson has covid.  The Broncos are just getting screwed. 

Here is the difference - the NFL has been consistent in this - Ravens are not being given gift and Denver not being screwed.

Sorry.

3 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

The reactions in this thread are amusing, considering our own team would have played a game without a TE but for the serendipity of a baby being born.

The Bills also played the AZ game w 3 DBs out for COVID,  Two of which who were pulled  just before they got on the plane. 

Still, playing with 0 QBs just doesn’t seem right.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I still say they will end up having to move the Superbowl back. The decision that has been taken here, IMO, is that a team that isn't making the playoffs in any event will just have to accept the disadvantage for the sake of keeping the season on track. If the boot was on the other foot and the Saints were the team who had lost all their QBs I think a different decision would have been taken.

You don't quite understand.  Drink this Kool-Aid and think about it a little more then get back to us.

Edit:. I read a little further after replying and see the Koolaid brigade has made its way into this thread too.

Edited by 4merper4mer