Denver forced to play with no QB

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

That’s silly. If a team’s players act a fool, they deserve to deal with the repercussions. The Bills have managed this well and it has clearly been demonstrated for the vast majority of the season. 

I mean do the Broncos have anyone but themselves to blame? They had all the QBs near each other without masks and without tracking devices much if the time.

I'm also having a hard time understanding why they moved Balt Pitt twice in the last week but another team has to play without a single QB. How does it work? Is there any explanation? It all seems very random and haphazard, giving the ugly appearance of favoritism. Royce Freeman is gonna be QB?

I live in Eugene and saw his whole college career, I can't recall him ever even throwing a pass. This doesn't seem right, not that I care about Denver. Fairness is important for the whole league.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean do the Broncos have anyone but themselves to blame? They had all the QBs near each other without masks and without tracking devices much if the time.

Is that the issue which delayed the contact tracing, that they weren't wearing their trackers?

My sympathy level for the Ponies plummets if this is true.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

I'm also having a hard time understanding why they moved Balt Tenn twice in the last week but another team has to play without a single QB. How does it work? Is there any explanation? It all seems very random and haphazard, giving the ugly appearance of favoritism. Royce Freeman is gonna be QB?

I live in Eugene and saw his whole college career, I can't recall him ever even throwing a pass. This doesn't seem right, not that I care about Denver. Fairness is important for the whole league.

I can not disagree (although apparently someone else who actually has thrown passes will be the QB).  It's just not a good look for the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Why not reschedule this one?

I believe they have been rescheduling games where more contact tracing is needed. They don't reschedule them based on competitive disadvantage, as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, StHustle said:

That wasn't known at the time games got moved around

Not true. The Ravens disciplined their coach before the move off of Sunday and the Titans breaking protocol was known before they messed with our schedule. The league has been inconsistent with all of this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Why not reschedule this one?

This is the problem I have.  Denver, a crappy team that no one cares about, playing vs playoff team....and they’re forced to play without a qb.  This makes zero sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Beast said:

How would you feel if it was before a playoff game and it was the Bills QB's?

Considering that the Bills have kept a QB on the roster but isolated him from the rest of the team every practice just for this eventuality - I would feel surprised.

Where's @JakeFrommStateFarm?  Hope your boy  keeps grinding..... he may save our season yet.

PS but the next time I see Matt Barkley rocking the chin-diaper look near Josh Allen I may fly to Buffalo just to hunt him down and pie him.  You aren't too handsome to cover your face with a mask, Matt-o, Believe me.

It needs to be said: 

I think you can believe that the broncos get what they deserve and they should have worn masks and have nobody but themselves to blame, AND that they’re being treated completely inconsistently and unfairly based on the BS that the league has done for other teams - including taking the Broncos bye week. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I believe they have been rescheduling games where more contact tracing is needed. They don't reschedule them based on competitive disadvantage, as far as I know.

So if the test was collected and the contact took place Weds at practice, but they aren't coming out with the contact tracing until Saturday, doesn't that mean the Ponies have a situation where more contact tracing is needed?

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So if the test was collected and the contact took place Weds at practice, but they aren't coming out with the contact tracing until Saturday, doesn't that mean the Ponies have a situation where more contact tracing is needed?

I don't understand your point. They've moved other games when teams have continued to have positive cases. I haven't followed the Broncos situation, but if they didn't have any new positives the past couple of days, why would they reschedule it? They just would sit those with positive cases and those with close contact.

Edited by MJS

20 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

imagine how amazing silly this post would have sounded ten months ago

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't understand your point. They've moved other games when teams have continued to have positive cases. I haven't followed the Broncos situation, but if they didn't have any new positives the past couple of days, why would they reschedule it? They just would sit those with positive cases and those with close contact.

The point is they apparently didn't figure out who had close contact (and therefore separate them) for 3 days, so who knows if they've gotten all the close contacts or not? 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is they apparently didn't figure out who had close contact (and therefore separate them) for 3 days, so who knows if they've gotten all the close contacts or not? 

So you think they didn't consider Thursday and Friday in their contact tracing? I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I so badly want to see this guy (whose name I already forgot) outplay Taysom. 

Haha. There's more of that strange Taysom Hill hate. It's a strange phenomenon. He has a lot of haters for no reason.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

So you think they didn't consider Thursday and Friday in their contact tracing? I don't get it.

Haha. There's more of that strange Taysom Hill hate. It's a strange phenomenon. He has a lot of haters for no reason.

Being announced a sensation and future franchise QB when he hasn’t thrown a TD pass in his 5 or so professional years? 

I like him as a gimmick player. The hype around him as a QB is ridiculous.