Denver forced to play with no QB

I think the point here is, “you didn’t follow the protocols, so here you go. We’re not punishing another team for that. Play without your QB, maybe you’ll take us seriously next time?” .... I say, good for Roger and the NFL, finally putting some real teeth into this. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Big C said:

This is the Broncos’ own fault. We keep Fromm on his own to have an emergency QB. They mismanaged their personnel.

Not a farce. The Broncos decided not afford themselves an emergency QB knowing the protocols.

Fair point, but these games matter at this time of the year.  Saints essentially get a pass which effects everyone else in the NFC. And what happens when this guy gets killed out there?  Who steps in next?  Look I have no issue with a team playing their second or even third string QB. But to put a guy in there that once upon a time threw a ball is absurd. Especially with zero practice.  If the league can rearrange things for other teams, they certainly could have done it for Denver.  

18 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I think the point here is, “you didn’t follow the protocols, so here you go. We’re not punishing another team for that. Play without your QB, maybe you’ll take us seriously next time?” .... I say, good for Roger and the NFL, finally putting some real teeth into this. 

now do the Ravens and Titans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Former Wake QB, current Broncos ps WR Kendall Hinton likely to start..... anyone else completely shocked if he’s the best “QB” on the field tomorrow?

Despite not having a quarterback to go under center on Sunday, the Broncos will not be forfeiting, per Schefter. As for what the next steps are at figuring out a plan at quarterback, Benjamin Allbright of KOA Colorado notes that receiver Kendall Hinton will play plenty at quarterback on Sunday. Hinton played some QB at Wake Forest and completed 53% of his passes for 1,504 yards passing, eight touchdowns, and seven interceptions. Other options include third-string running back Royce Freeman, who is the emergency quarterback for the Broncos. Denver could also run a Wildcat offense centered around Phillip Lindsay and Melvin Gordon if they so chose. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/every-quarterback-on-broncos-roster-ruled-ineligible-for-week-12-after-teammate-jeff-driskel-tested-for-covid/

30 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Except the NFL is moving games all over for other teams....the other teams get the gum job, but the Broncs get the teeth. 

It's not a good look, from here.

• Like (+1) 2

For a league that's supposed to be concerned about player safety, it does not seem like a great idea to throw a practice squad player behind center less than 24 hours before the game.

The Broncos should forfeit the game and throw it into the league's lap.  They aren't likely to make the playoffs (playoff status has them at a 2% chance) and it would improve draft position, something TSW posters clamored for in the leaner years of the drought.

25 minutes ago, wjag said:

Fair point, but these games matter at this time of the year.  Saints essentially get a pass which effects everyone else in the NFC. And what happens when this guy gets killed out there?  Who steps in next?  Look I have no issue with a team playing their second or even third string QB. But to put a guy in there that once upon a time threw a ball is absurd. Especially with zero practice.  If the league can rearrange things for other teams, they certainly could have done it for Denver.  

There are 31 teams I’m sure someone has a QB on their PS can’t be any worse then starting a WR who haven’t played the position in years 

Edited by Putin

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

now do the Ravens and Titans.

I agree that they haven’t treated each team the same but this is an example of the NFL enforcing the rules the right way. I’m not happy with them doing this to the Broncos and not Baltimore by any means.

40 minutes ago, Process said:

Unless someone dies the NFL is not pausing the season. 

The pandemic is not getting better any time soon, it's only getting worse. They would have to re start in the spring and mess with next year's schedule? No chance. 

Unfortunately it might happen.   Enough spread through the league and the reverse lottery eventually comes up with someone who the virus will take down.

Just now, Putin said:

There are 31 teams I’m someone has a QB on their PS can’t be any worse then starting a WR who haven’t played the position in years 

The WR at least knows the playbook and scheme basics.  No point freaking out to pay a QB for one game and lose for a bad team anyways.

28 minutes ago, wjag said:

sure. It takes injury replacements to an extreme level. But again, you know how the protocols are enforced. So the one position that’s especially hard to plug and play should be given careful consideration by the staff. What we do with Fromm is what every team should be doing.