Santa Clara County prohibiting contact sports until Dec 21 including Niners

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude nothing I have said here has anything to do with the Bills one way or another.  I simply said that I believed that even in 2020 that there is a home field advantage, even if smaller that usual.  Somebody pointed out that the overall league home record is below .500 effectively stating there is a home field disadvantage.  I just disagree with that.....that's all.  Strip out the Jets, Jags, and NFC East home records and voila.  Home field advantage.

At no point did I make any statement about the Bills.  I am very happy with the way the Bills season has gone and think we're a very good team.  

I was presenting you with an analogy/ comparison of why discounting wins is absurd. Do you understand what an analogy is? 

A win is a win, ya can’t say, well Ya can’t cast shade on a win. Being that the win loss stat is the only one that really matters... it dictates everything. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't saying anything at all about the Bills and this has nothing to do with Singletary or Allen.  :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Dude, you were presented with a comparison to illustrate why what you were saying makes no sense, the Bills were the example of that comparison, it could have been any other team, stretch out your thought process just a little...and the light may very well go on. 

Go Bills!!!

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't saying anything at all about the Bills and this has nothing to do with Singletary or Allen.  :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Clearly your post didn’t have anything to do with Allen or DS. But your post is conceptually flawed. I was trying to help create an analogy/metaphor to help you understand why people were kicking back on it. 

But... that clearly didn’t work. 

So I’ll just jump on with everybody else, you can’t take 20% of the league and just toss their home games because they are bad. Two reasons, one, it is too much of a percentage of the sample size. Two, their away games are somebody else’s home games, which would have to be tossed out as well. The 6 teams you listed account for about 62 games. You can’t just toss all results for that many games and then say, “see, now my point is accurate”

Edited by Mango
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

But they are good teams.  You have your math upside down. If anything, we should remove their road records.

FWIW I agree with the premise that home field is worth less in 2020 but still think it is worth a little,. The numbers are skewed by the very bad teams losing home games.  

This ^^^ is not math.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Dude, you were presented with a comparison to illustrate why what you were saying makes no sense, the Bills were the example of that comparison, it could have been any other team, stretch out your thought process just a little...and the light may very well go on. 

Go Bills!!!

Why not just explain how home field means nothing by using stats of the Falcons punter?  :doh::wallbash::oops::blink:

Forget the Jags and NFCE.  Just take out the Jets home games and the home field advantage magically reappears.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Saying that a team should exclude wins is just absurd,  do you exclude other teams wins against weaker teams as well? We have one of the toughest schedules in the league this season and your spraying this noise around..., did you wake up angry this morning? Or is this your usual upbeat fandom?

Go Bills!!!

Answer the latter except upbeat and fandom.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why not just explain how home field means nothing by using stats of the Falcons punter?  :doh::wallbash::oops::blink:

Forget the Jags and NFCE.  Just take out the Jets home games and the home field advantage magically reappears.

I feel really bad for you, enjoy the game ! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

So I live in Santa Clara county and I just don’t get this.  I actually am ok with some higher level restrictions, as encouraging people to stay within their quarantine bubbles/pods, when meeting indoors, enables restaurants to stay open. In just about every city in Santa Clara, he downtowns have protected sections from traffic where folks can eat on tables set in the streets. It’s actually been fantastic, and relative to the rest of the nation the COVID surge hasn’t been huge in Santa Clara (and actually San Francisco county has been even better). 

But I don’t see a risk for the 49ers because they test daily. They are at much lower risk of an outbreak among the population because they’ll know within a day when they get a viral load.  

Definite overreaction here 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

For the millionth time, you can’t do that. The Jets are 0-5 on the road and 0-5 at home. If you vacate their home loses because you think they’re an anomaly, you have to vacate their road losses (which are other teams home wins) because of the same anomaly. The math has to be the same through the entire equation

So you’ve taken 5 wins and 5 losses away. Effectively leaving you in the same exact spot. 

I would be curious to see home W-L for teams with vs. teams without fans. Maybe even broken down between the teams that have +/- 15k in stadium, or whatever the marker is.

But I would guess (not sure) that there is minimal home field advantage in 2020. Vegas has moved the line for home

teams from -3 to  about -.5 depending on the situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

For the millionth time, you can’t do that. The Jets are 0-5 on the road and 0-5 at home. If you vacate their home loses because you think they’re an anomaly, you have to vacate their road losses (which are other teams home wins) because of the same anomaly. The math has to be the same through the entire equation

So you’ve taken 5 wins and 5 losses away. Effectively leaving you in the same exact spot. 

I would be curious to see home W-L for teams with vs. teams without fans. Maybe even broken down between the teams that have +/- 15k in stadium, or whatever the marker is.

But I would guess (not sure) that there is minimal home field advantage in 2020. Vegas has moved the line for home

teams from -3 to  about -.5 depending on the situation. 

Makes no sense.  The Jets are bad.  They played the Chiefs on the road.  You can't sY the Ciefs don't have a home find advantage because the Jets are bad.  The Chiefs do have a home field advantage IMO.  The Jets ineptitude erases whatever advantage they may gain fro being at home.  They are just bad.

21 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Cannot be in Buffalo.  Teams would scream about Buffalo having advantage of 9 home games.

Frankly medically it makes most sense - one team is travelling - and that is reason why they claimed for day moves but NFL is never consistent. 

I mean, not really a home game with no fans.  not much advantage, IMo. 

6 hours ago, appoo said:

So I live in Santa Clara county and I just don’t get this.  I actually am ok with some higher level restrictions, as encouraging people to stay within their quarantine bubbles/pods, when meeting indoors, enables restaurants to stay open. In just about every city in Santa Clara, he downtowns have protected sections from traffic where folks can eat on tables set in the streets. It’s actually been fantastic, and relative to the rest of the nation the COVID surge hasn’t been huge in Santa Clara (and actually San Francisco county has been even better). 

But I don’t see a risk for the 49ers because they test daily. They are at much lower risk of an outbreak among the population because they’ll know within a day when they get a viral load.  

Definite overreaction here 

is the nines practice facility in the county?

59 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

is the nines practice facility in the county?

Right by the stadium I believe, so yea it’s in Santa Clara. They’re going to have uproot completely. It’s absurd really. You want to encourage testing and reward that.