Santa Clara County prohibiting contact sports until Dec 21 including Niners

YoloinOhio

Seattle.  It is one of the few places in the country that is not in the red

15 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I agree. Home-field Advantage still matters. But not like it did when there were fans in the stands. Maybe it was worth 3 points before and just one point now?

Not this year.  This is the most up to date stat I could find.  

Entering Week 10, teams have a 65-67-1 record at home

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Makes you think every team was forced to do this.  LA I think is out as they have a lock down starting Monday as well with a stay-at-home order going into effect restricting all public and private gatherings with people outside a single household.

21 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

This game has to be in Oakland. Old Stadium there that can host a football game, in Alameda County, short trip for the 49ers etc. Just makes too much sense to practice and play there.

I doubt it.  It takes time to get into NFL playing condition.  Look for the game to move to LA

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I doubt it.  They probably still have the baseball field configuration in that dump of a stadium.  If they want to keep it on the west coast LA or LV would be the top choices.  Otherwise the backup stadium is Detroit, since there hasn't been NFL football home team there in years but the field is ready to go.  

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

With it being on Monday, it provides the option of using a different nfl stadium. NFL will probably push for LA for more exposure of that stadium 

I just looked at the schedules, moving to Arizona, they never conflict with the Cardinals games.  Closest they come is next week, Az home Sunday, then the Bills game would be Monday night.  Good weather location, but not stifling like in Sept and out of the state of Cal as more restrictions may come elsewhere like LA

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Cannot be in Buffalo.  Teams would scream about Buffalo having advantage of 9 home games.

Frankly medically it makes most sense - one team is travelling - and that is reason why they claimed for day moves but NFL is never consistent. 

Why not they didn't care when we only had 7 home games because of playing overseas & Canada.

9 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Why not they didn't care when we only had 7 home games because of playing overseas & Canada.

Self inflicted wound.

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I just looked at the schedules, moving to Arizona, they never conflict with the Cardinals games.  Closest they come is next week, Az home Sunday, then the Bills game would be Monday night.  Good weather location, but not stifling like in Sept and out of the state of Cal as more restrictions may come elsewhere like LA

They will need a practice location. What's available? 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They will need a practice location. What's available? 

Practice in Az too?  The team is either going to have to leave the Bay area to practice or agree to create a bubble for the team themselves, or don't practice at all.  Probably they will have to leave town.  I'm wondering if other parts of Cal will follow suit.

Kind of funny too read a story about 3 weeks ago, the owner of Golden State was going to spend like $30 mil to have 50% capacity at home games by rapid testing everyone prior to the games.  He explained how it was a well thought out medically proven plan as they need to have some fans at games as can't afford the revenue losses  Thought from a PR standpoint this will look good.  Spend $400 on an NBA game ticket and we'll give you test and you won't need to wait in line for 5 hours here.  Guess his idea isn't going anywhere now.

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Makes you think every team was forced to do this.  LA I think is out as they have a lock down starting Monday as well with a stay-at-home order going into effect restricting all public and private gatherings with people outside a single household.

So is this gonna affect the LA Rams next?  I suppose they could come back to St Louis... 😇

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Seattle.  It is one of the few places in the country that is not in the red

Not this year.  This is the most up to date stat I could find.  

Entering Week 10, teams have a 65-67-1 record at home

Wonder what that stat line has looked like in the last 5 years or so

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Rams stadium as a backup?

Anything that can hold a major network camera crew will work. Cal Berkley is much closer. That would be my guess. Easiest move. Unsure what the college stadium situation is like in Sacramento. LA works at 5-6 hours away. So does the University of Oregon at 8 hours. My money is on Cal. 

9 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Forfeit 

I ain’t too proud 

Which means you know nothing about sports or athletes.  They won’t give us another home game, even though it really doesn’t matter without fans.  These fanless stadiums are like playing 16 away games, but such is life.

I honestly don’t care where we play, just as long as we play.  The NFL will figure it out.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

pits a dome if memory serves so Arizona has no temp concerns.  It will be 73 and no wind in that stadium.