Santa Clara County prohibiting contact sports until Dec 21 including Niners

YoloinOhio

hmmmm.

Seems like states/cities keep rolling out these guidelines and restrictions and yet, the NFL still finds a way to sneak by. I can't help but think there will be a clause or something done to allow these games to be played (even if they're moved to a temp location).

We shall see!

Just now, Process said:

Why wouldn't it just be buffalo? No home field advantage so not like 49ers are getting screwed. During covid would think it would be best to have one team travel vs both. 

Travel is a big part of it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like Bills-Niners will be played elsewhere next week. Oakland?

I doubt it.  They probably still have the baseball field configuration in that dump of a stadium.  If they want to keep it on the west coast LA or LV would be the top choices.  Otherwise the backup stadium is Detroit, since there hasn't been NFL football home team there in years but the field is ready to go.  

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Why wouldn't it just be buffalo? No home field advantage so not like 49ers are getting screwed. During covid would think it would be best to have one team travel vs both. 

I mean the 49ers have to practice somewhere first of all, if they find a place that can have an NFL game(have the right set up for video equipment) then it'll probably be there.

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I doubt it.  They probably still have the baseball field configuration in that dump of a stadium.  If they want to keep it on the west coast LA or LV would be the top choices.  Otherwise the backup stadium is Detroit, since there hasn't been NFL football home team there in years but the field is ready to go.  

Indy?

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

With it being on Monday, it provides the option of using a different nfl stadium. NFL will probably push for LA for more exposure of that stadium 

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean the 49ers have to practice somewhere first of all, if they find a place that can have an NFL game(have the right set up for video equipment) then it'll probably be there.

Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, you know they have the right set up for video equipment. 

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why not play in Buffalo?

Cannot be in Buffalo.  Teams would scream about Buffalo having advantage of 9 home games.

Frankly medically it makes most sense - one team is travelling - and that is reason why they claimed for day moves but NFL is never consistent.