John Brown to IR

BillsMafi$

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Good. A healthier Brown will be needed in the playoffs. And I'm calling it now. Jake the Snake Kumerow will catch 2 TD passes tomorrow. 

Peak for the playoffs!  Let him get fully healthy now so we can make a run. Brown Playing while compromised isn’t helping anything, only delaying the healing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did NOT see that coming.

And I thought his regular season was pretty much over immediately after that injury in Arizona.........and seeing as we aren't allowed to have information until the last minute with this regime.......I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

I don't expect him back until the New England game.........it's a 4-6 week injury but for a small WR it should be AT LEAST a 6 week injury if you expect them to get their full speed and quickness back.

This puts them back closer to they were personnel-wise in their October slide so should be a good test to see if Allen/Daboll are able to adapt better this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm curious to see Kumerow, if he actually takes any snaps. I know Green Bay fans loved him and were surprised when he was cut. He has good athleticism and size and good hands. I don't know much about him but I'm guessing he just isn't a good route runner?

He's been playing some special teams.  50% of the ST snaps in our last two games, specifically, with Taiwan Jones out.  So it remains to be seen if they intend to use him on teams or offense.

Article from when he was signed:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/09/jake-kumerow-buffalo-bills-add-wr-to-practice-squad-5-things-to-know.html

He was said to be a "highly efficient run blocker" in Green Bay, and Aaron Rodgers said "Jake Kumerow has been such a solid performer for us for the last couple years,” Rodgers told Sirius XM NFL Radio on Thursday. “I love his reliability. I think he’s a fantastic, steady player who’s very heady on the field, he makes plays. He plays with a lot of confidence, and he’s a guy you love having on the squad.” 

I don't think Rodgers says all that if it translates to "just isn't a good route runner".  I think it translates to "consistently knows what to do, but isn't always able to do it in a manner that beats opponents DBs".    The Packers initially activated and played him in the last 5 games, where he did pretty well.  But the following year, after a good summer, he kind of disappeared (in a contributory sense - he got snaps) during the regular season. 

He's got similar 40 time (4.54 s) and 3 cone drill (6.9 sec) to Gabe Davis.  He's taller (6'4") and lighter (209 lbs)

35 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Duke should play over Kumerow. Allen seems to look for him out there when he's playing. I wonder what the coaches have against him.

He’s hurt/hasn’t been practicing

16 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Big loss to the offense. Hopefully Kumerow or Hodgins can step up. 

Hodgins was not activated from IR