Stevie Johnson Article by Tim Graham

Buddo

50 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Was it Bryce Brown? Making the guess, without looking any of it up!

I think you are correct.

31 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

This is correct but I think it was a different game vs the Chiefs when that happened.

Hmmmmm....I think you are right.

Actually, we are both right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2014/11/buffalos-bryce-browns-costly-fumble-brings-back-bad-memories-for-ex-nfler/amp/

It was against KC.

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, Process said:

Hail mary not even close. Bills still had a chance to win after Stevie's drop. 

Losing on a last second hail mary is the ultimate gut punch. The fact that it happened right after the bills scored a dramatic, "game ending" TD to take the lead made it 10x worse. 

100%...Hail Murray is at the same level as Forward Lateral...the only difference being a regular season game instead of season ending plaayoffs. 

Stevie drop hurt...but we were a bad team...it was easy to digest and move on,

Stevie's drop would be in the same range as  Clay's drop two seasons ago,   Losman fumbling the ball against the Jets,  or  Leodis  fumbling the KR  to give the ball back to Brady,

If we had won two Sunday;s ago, we would have a 2 1/2 game lead in the division.   Go Bills

Edited by ganesh

27 minutes ago, ganesh said:

100%...Hail Murray is at the same level as Forward Lateral...the only difference being a regular season game instead of season ending plaayoffs. 

Stevie drop hurt...but we were a bad team...it was easy to digest and move on,

Stevie's drop would be in the same range as  Clay's drop two seasons ago,   Losman fumbling the ball against the Jets,  or  Leodis  fumbling the KR  to give the ball back to Brady,

If we had won two Sunday;s ago, we would have a 2 1/2 game lead in the division.   Go Bills

Exactly. Plays that have a name hurt way more than bad plays by bad teams. And we’re going to have to see that play again and again basically forever. 

8-2 heading down the stretch would have been so nice. 

I’d put the Dallas Monday night loss on a 60 or whatever yard FG on that list of rough losses too. 

7 hours ago, Process said:

Hail mary not even close. Bills still had a chance to win after Stevie's drop. 

Losing on a last second hail mary is the ultimate gut punch. The fact that it happened right after the bills scored a dramatic, "game ending" TD to take the lead made it 10x worse. 

Naaah.  The Johnson drop scenario was the best we were going to be at that time in Bills history.  The HM was a fluke loss for a team with many better days ahead.  I don't even care about the Cards game.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Only God knows.

Maybe a new set of hands?

I seem to remember some running back coughing the ball up on his way into the endzone that played a big part in that loss. For the life of me I can't remember his name.

I think that was a different chefs game. I was at the Bryce Brown fumble game in that endzone. But I watched the Tuel pick game on tv. 

5 hours ago, Beast said:

Only God knows.

Maybe a new set of hands?

I seem to remember some running back coughing the ball up on his way into the endzone that played a big part in that loss. For the life of me I can't remember his name.

It wasn't on the way into the end zone.  TJumptomakeacatch Graham caught a pass, coughed it up on the Bills 16, and Tamba Hali had an 11 yard fumble-6.

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Naaah.  The Johnson drop scenario was the best we were going to be at that time in Bills history.  The HM was a fluke loss for a team with many better days ahead.  I don't even care about the Cards game.  

Couldn't agree with you more. The belief we have in our current Bills is bigger than 1 flukey miraculous catch at the end of the game. None of us think that Arizona loss is gonna ruin our season or the psyche of our team. Our season & future is great, regardless of that play.

Back in the day we had no such belief, we were riding on hope & that drop was just another smack in the face during a time when you were often foolish for having any.

Its why that hail mary play is nowhere near the Music City Miracle or Wide Right, frankly idk how anyone can make those comparisons in the 1st place. If it were in a playoff game then yeah, that'd be another story. Losing against Kyler Murray & the Cardinals out west? Na.. Especially after we beat Seattle the week before where nobody thought we'd win that one. You win some you lose some & we all know we're gonna win a bunch more.

I couldn't care less about the Cards game

10 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Which one felt worse:

1. This play

2. The Cardinals Hail Mary

Normally I would say the Stevie drop, because it was a Bills player that screwed up a win...but we sucked that year...i was rooting for draft position at that time...so I gotta go with the Cardinals game because we need wins and the season actually means something...and it would have been Josh’s first comeback in the final seconds of a game...

I remember watching the Stevie drop live on the TV.  The first time they showed the replay, in my heart I was still expecting Stevie to catch it.  I was thinking, "this time he'll catch it."   He dropped it on the replay, too.  That's when the reality of it sunk in. 

In no particular order, Stevie catch, wide right, music city miracle, hail Mary, Cowboys' field goal on Monday night.   Each one left me with this horrible empty feeling the moment it happened.  

@Shaw66 

You had me rolling with “Tuel passes to Russell Wilson, just kidding, it was TJ Graham”

I was at a local bar for that Steelers game. I had on my Stevie jersey and in that moment of the catch that wasn’t, I experienced the full range of emotions from raised in excitement to falling to knees in despair; all in about 2.5 seconds. 

Man, ain’t nothing like loving this team. 

Edited by RobbRiddicksTDLeap

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

"I blame God"

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/steve-johnson-buffalo-bills-wideout-blames-god-twitter-dropping-game-winning-pass-article-1.456341

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!!" the 24-year-old tweeted from his iPad at around 5:15 Sunday after the Steelers' 19-16 overtime victory. "AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..."

God's response: "I gave you a beautiful sunny day in Buffalo in late November, tripped the corner, and put a perfect spiral in your hands. AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME!!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Couldn't agree with you more. The belief we have in our current Bills is bigger than 1 flukey miraculous catch at the end of the game. None of us think that Arizona loss is gonna ruin our season or the psyche of our team. Our season & future is great, regardless of that play.

Back in the day we had no such belief, we were riding on hope & that drop was just another smack in the face during a time when you were often foolish for having any.

Its why that hail mary play is nowhere near the Music City Miracle or Wide Right, frankly idk how anyone can make those comparisons in the 1st place. If it were in a playoff game then yeah, that'd be another story. Losing against Kyler Murray & the Cardinals out west? Na.. Especially after we beat Seattle the week before where nobody thought we'd win that one. You win some you lose some & we all know we're gonna win a bunch more.

I couldn't care less about the Cards game

Exactly, who cares about losing to the Cardinals on an incredible play that put us at 7-3. Are people forgetting that just two weeks ago without our own perfect play, the Zimmer punch, we'd have lost to the Patriots at home on basically a last second play? 2 weeks apart some amazing play ended up sealing the game, one in our favor and one against. Pretty sure everyone here would take the ARI loss for the NE win every time. We're now 5-1 in one score games. I don't know how you complain about that.

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/steve-johnson-buffalo-bills-wideout-blames-god-twitter-dropping-game-winning-pass-article-1.456341

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!!" the 24-year-old tweeted from his iPad at around 5:15 Sunday after the Steelers' 19-16 overtime victory. "AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO..."

God's response: "I gave you a beautiful sunny day in Buffalo in late November, tripped the corner, and put a perfect spiral in your hands. AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME!!!"

It still amazes me the people who adored SJ13 with the Bills...........guys like him are why you hire coaches to change culture.    

A little irreverence is fine but he was one of the Bills best players and laziest workers and was willing to hurt the team if it helped him mug for the camera..........and much of his success was due to not running the routes that the play called for.    Just an unbelievably selfish player in a sport where 11 guys gotta' be working for the same goal every play to expect success.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

@Shaw66 

You had me rolling with “Tuel passes to Russell Wilson, just kidding, it was TJ Graham”

I was at a local bar for that Steelers game. I had on my Stevie jersey and in that moment of the catch that wasn’t, I experienced the full range of emotions from raised in excitement to falling to knees in despair; all in about 2.5 seconds. 

Man, ain’t nothing like loving this team. 

I couldn't resist.  I can't hear Graham's name without thinking about Wilson. 

And you're so right - the ain't nothing like it.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If we had a true legitimate #1 when Stevie is here....he would probably have been an All Pro once or twice.

I don’t think so.  There are so many great WRs in the league that the selected All Pros are all #1’s on their teams.  

If we had a legit #1 he would have caught fewer passes for fewer yards.   In his best season he caught  58% if the passes targeted to him.   That’s lower than  Diggs, Beasley, Brown, and Davis this year.  

He could be the most overrated player in modern Bills history. 

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It wasn't on the way into the end zone.  TJumptomakeacatch Graham caught a pass, coughed it up on the Bills 16, and Tamba Hali had an 11 yard fumble-6.

Bo, it was Bryce Brown on his way i to the endzone and Scott Chandler also had a chance to recover the fumble but flubbed it.