Lions fire HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

At the current rate the NFL is becoming the pro college league, lots of offense and not nearly enough defense. But what are ya gonna do, College ball is where the players come from, so ya get what ya get.

At the current rate the NFL will become a flag football game.

I cant say I'm sorry Patricia lost his job. In addition to him being a terrible coach.....he was super hypercrititical.

My disdain for him really overflowed when he was mocking that reporter a couple of years ago to "sit up and look professional" as HE is giving a press conference in a sweat shirt, a pencil behind his ear, a baseball hat, unkempt beard and looking like he has a back up offensive lineman hugging his gut!! It took some real gumption to pull that crap off.

Edited by aceman_16
grammurr
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Was coming. Houston is the best job. Yea you are draft deficient in year 1 but you inherit a roster with a top 5 QB and only one other player who you are "stuck with" in Tunsil. It is a pretty blank sheet of paper. I'd try and re-sign Fuller if I could but beyond that you can build it up with your own guys.

This might be an unpopular position but I think the Jets' job is going to be the best one out there next year.  Big market, Joe Douglas seems mostly competent, tons of draft picks including the 1st overall pick (more than likely), lots of cap space, and time to do a complete rebuild with no immediate pressure to win.  If you step into Houston they will expect you to win immediately because you have Watson. The problem is that Houston has mortgaged their future trading away many of their high draft picks on dubious Bill O'Brien personnel moves. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, FLFan said:

BOB achieved mediocrity in a weak division, and then became GM and mismanaged them into obscurity.  Great job.  He is Doug Marrone.

BOB won their division 4 times in 6 full seasons. Had a winning record in 5/6. Won two playoff games.

McDermott has never won the division. Never won a playoff game. Winning record twice in 3 seasons.

If BOB is mediocre, what is Seany boy?

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

BOB won their division 4 times in 6 full seasons. Had a winning record in 5/6. Won two playoff games.

McDermott has never won the division. Never won a playoff game. Winning record twice in 3 seasons.

Wow, quite the view of the football world from under your bridge, by the way, had you noticed Bobs recent team killing  meltdown? Asking for a friend... 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

BOB wouldn't have won their division once in the last 6 years if he had the Patriots with Brady in it.  It's a pointless comparison and an odd way to weasel in a gratuitous shot on McDermott, but you do you.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Wow, quite the view of the football world from under your bridge, by the way, had you noticed Bobs recent team killing  meltdown? Asking for a friend... 

Go Bills!!!

Not really. BOB is widely considered to have had some success at HC. At GM, not so much.

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

BOB wouldn't have won their division once in the last 6 years if he had the Patriots with Brady in it.  It's a pointless comparison and an odd way to weasel in a gratuitous shot on McDermott, but you do you.

A comparison to our glorious leader is the best way to drive a point home for those who can't be objective.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not really. BOB is widely considered to have had some success at HC. At GM, not so much.

A comparison to our glorious leader is the best way to drive a point home for those who can't be objective.

This word “objective” I do not think it means what you think it means....

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This word “objective” I do not think it means what you think it means....

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Numbers are objective.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Figured that was coming soon.  Would you take Patricia as a DC?

I wouldn't even let Patrica watch my burger if I had to use the bathroom.

The talks from guys that are around him is he isn't very good at doing his job.

Edited by TBBills

Just now, FireChans said:

Numbers are objective.

So are the circumstances that shaped the numbers... 

the numbers don’t happen in a vacuum, 

Just now, TBBills said:

Big difference in who the teams are and when they got their QB.

Good point. BOB had 3 straight winning seasons, and won the division twice BEFORE drafting a franchise QB.

Sean McDermott.... has never won the division. Has had one winning season prior to drafting a franchise QB.

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Good point. BOB had 3 straight winning seasons, and won the division twice BEFORE drafting a franchise QB.

Sean McDermott.... has never won the division. Has had one winning season prior to drafting a franchise QB.

If you’re gonna repeat that, I gonna repeat Bobs recent team killing mental breakdown / Reputation destroying outing as a team manager that negated his previous success in that it was so epic,  that and..., numbers don’t happen in a vacuum..,

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

At the current rate the NFL is becoming the pro college league, lots of offense and not nearly enough defense. But what are ya gonna do, College ball is where the players come from, so ya get what ya get.

Just like in Pinkalicious...

Pinkalicious' Father said

"You get what you get, and you don't get upset."

But she got VERY upset.

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Just like in Pinkalicious...

Pinkalicious' Father said

"You get what you get, and you don't get upset."

But she got VERY upset.

I will confess, that I do not remember ever hearing of “Pinkalicious” it is likely because I am old 😁👍