Black Friday Madness 2020

Just Jack

35 minutes ago, Steptide said:

My wife works in retail and said it wasnt that busy today 

My wife went out and said it just felt like a “normal non-pandemic day” at the mall. Not dead, but not crazy by any means. Of course, half of what she bought today was on-line and will just arrive at our door. That’s our “old normal”. 

We have given up on trying to shop for each other. I’m not getting her something she doesn’t want or need just to have stuff under the tree. I’ll get myself a few little things, she will do the same. Doing it mostly together will be the fun of it.  I want a Bills flag for the front of the house, but I want to pick it out. She’s gotten me a lot of Bills stuff over the years, but rarely is it what I would have chosen.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

We have given up on trying to shop for each other. I’m not getting her something she doesn’t want or need just to have stuff under the tree. I’ll get myself a few little things, she will do the same. Doing it mostly together will be the fun of it.  I want a Bills flag for the front of the house, but I want to pick it out. She’s gotten me a lot of Bills stuff over the years, but rarely is it what I would have chosen.   

My wife and I will pretty much tell each other what we want. And for our stockings, we'll go to Target, each of us grabs a basket, we pick out what we'd like. Then at the register we exchange baskets and pay for what each other picked out. We can always add stuff if we see something, but not much. 

23 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

My wife and I will pretty much tell each other what we want. And for our stockings, we'll go to Target, each of us grabs a basket, we pick out what we'd like. Then at the register we exchange baskets and pay for what each other picked out. We can always add stuff if we see something, but not much. 

My wife wanted leggings today. Had I gone to the store instead of her, I could have gotten leggings, but would they be the right size? Maybe. Would they have been the one’s she ultimately selected? Almost certainly not. 

I want my Bills flag, and I’ve picked out my favorite retro flag. I’ll point to it and say “click here, and don’t forget the pole, sold separately”. There’s no right or wrong, it’s just where we are in our lives. For the kids and my mom we will surprise them. Even then, my son would rather pick out his own Bills gear. I know that for a fact, but he’s a good son and plays along nicely.

The trip to Target is a pretty good idea. I’ve never been part of the stocking selections. Sitting here, I have no idea where I’d even start! If my wife wants something (anything!), she makes it happen. We are both used to that. Makes my life easier, but if I surprise her......it’s with something she probably doesn’t want. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My wife went out and said it just felt like a “normal non-pandemic day” at the mall. Not dead, but not crazy by any means. Of course, half of what she bought today was on-line and will just arrive at our door. That’s our “old normal”. 

Good because every Christmas season I like to hit the local mall to see the festivities.  Bad because those retailers won't do well.

Drove by the local mall today, the place is dead. Normally on a weekend it would be busy, this was even less than that. You could easily find a parking spot near a door with a short walk. But the strip mall near our house was busy as normal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.