Mitch Morse will start at Center

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Feliciano-Williams

That's the best OL combination we have. They can keep Josh upright back there and is likely the best unit we have from left to right for the running game as well. 

This was always our #1 OL. It's just taken drama, experimentation and injuries to finally get to it. Leave Winters on the bench where he belongs and if someone goes down use Bates. Let's not overthink this. 

29 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's the best OL combination we have. They can keep Josh upright back there and is likely the best unit we have from left to right for the running game as well. 

I wouldn't mind giving Bates more opportunities at guard. He has always looked good to me.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, finn said:

Right. With McDermott saying Morse was "in the mix" and "putting the team first," it seemed like he was thinking Feliciano at center, with (I suppose) Ford and WInters at guard. If that was the case, he had to change his plans. You got to trust their judgment, but it sure looks from here that Morse at center and Feliciano/Boettger at guard is the better lineup. At least Boettger had two good games (NE and Seattle); Winters at his best has been mediocre.

Yup.  Even if you were to believe that Feliciano is a better center than Morse, the difference isn't near the difference between Feliciano and Winters at RG. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Would be interesting to know what the starting lineup would have been if Ford had been available, instead of down for the season.   We were speculating earlier in the week about whether Feliciano was taking Morse's job.  WIthout Ford, McDermott had little choice.  

I, too, am curious about this.

We'll never know the answer, of course.

There's simply no way to say with certainty that Morse would definitely be starting at center this Sunday if Ford wasn't injured. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This would be my guess also.  Should be good for the run game which we need to use more, IMO.

Yep and yep.
I like Ike. at LG and Felciano at RG .
Glad Morse is back. Winters can come in on goal line plays maybe.
get those Horses fired up for the Chargers
 Go Bills

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Nice to have a deep line to be able to make it work...but these guys are all on similar levels. 

We need to get some clear cut good/great line in the near future.

We might have two already. Dawkins and Williams. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This was always our #1 OL. It's just taken drama, experimentation and injuries to finally get to it. Leave Winters on the bench where he belongs and if someone goes down use Bates. Let's not overthink this. 

I think Ford was the expected to grow into LG exp that has not come to fruition.

But yes I agree. This is a good line to finish out the season with. Fingers crossed  :)

This will be our best OL combination of the season. 

Need To get that run game going! Pass protection has been overall very good. 

Excited to see the line w/ Dawkins,Mongo,Morse,Williams and Winters or Ike. 

That's 4 quality guys imo and will only make Ike or Winters better.

What a signing Williams was!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

I feel like this and moving Ford to IR brings some clearity to Oline group.  Obviously, they like Ford and seemed they were leaving a spot open for him to slide back into.  Before the bye idk how back Mango really was.  Center is a less demanding posistion physically than guard is.  Morse being injured allowed for Feliciano to work his back in shape.  Now play Morse at Center and plug Feliciano in either guard spot.  I would pair him with Dawkins.  Allens blindside and create a strong run blocking combo.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I feel like this and moving Ford to IR brings some clearity to Oline group.  Obviously, they like Ford and seemed they were leaving a spot open for him to slide back into.  Before the bye idk how back Mango really was.  Center is a less demanding posistion physically than guard is.  Morse being injured allowed for Feliciano to work his back in shape.  Now play Morse at Center and plug Feliciano in either guard spot.  I would pair him with Dawkins.  Allens blindside and create a strong run blocking combo.

Has Ike or Bates played RG ? are are you suggesting leaving Edgar Winters at RG

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Yea, I am interested in seeing the effect on the run game. Hope we get to a more balanced offense. 

But what about all the tin foil hat theories, that were going on here just days ago... 😂

Go Bills!!!

20 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Has Ike or Bates played RG ? are are you suggesting leaving Edgar Winters at RG

I dont know the ability of either.  I havent watched the play of Winters to determine who is better.  I take most oline reviews with grains of salt.  I would solidify the left side of the line and ceate a area of strength to run behind.  Im curious to see what combo they roll with.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I, too, am curious about this.

We'll never know the answer, of course.

There's simply no way to say with certainty that Morse would definitely be starting at center this Sunday if Ford wasn't injured. 

That’s fair, but there’s also simply no way to say with certainty that Morse would definitely not be starting at center this Sunday if Ford wasn’t injured. 

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why are you so desperate to make this claim?  Did he say something you didn’t like or get into legal trouble that we didn’t hear about?

I’m confused too. Does he think Morse shouldn’t start or is it some narrative about that McDermott benched him and he doesn’t agree with that (not clear at that is what happened). 

Edited by YattaOkasan