Mitch Morse will start at Center

YoloinOhio

But wait...

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So with Ford out ... we are looking at Dawkins - Boettger? - Morse - Feliciano - Williams? Or Dawkins - Feliciano- Morse - Winters - Williams 

My guess is Boettger at LG and Feliciano at RG.  Sucks about Cody.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So with Ford out ... we are looking at Dawkins - Boettger? - Morse - Feliciano - Williams? Or Dawkins - Feliciano- Morse - Winters - Williams 

Give me Boettger, please. I’ve seen enough of Winters starting. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m pleased about this. The entire situation seemed strange to me as he’s a solid member of the line and they need to put their best out there. 

It wasn't strange.  People just made more out of it for some reason.

• Like (+1) 6

Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Feliciano-Williams

That's the best OL combination we have. They can keep Josh upright back there and is likely the best unit we have from left to right for the running game as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

Would be interesting to know what the starting lineup would have been if Ford had been available, instead of down for the season.   We were speculating earlier in the week about whether Feliciano was taking Morse's job.  WIthout Ford, McDermott had little choice.  

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Would be interesting to know what the starting lineup would have been if Ford had been available, instead of down for the season.   We were speculating earlier in the week about whether Feliciano was taking Morse's job.  WIthout Ford, McDermott had little choice.  

Bingo.  With Ford gone, he now has to play Morse.

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bingo.  With Ford gone, he now has to play Morse.

LOL!  Morse was getting his job back and if Ford were healthy, he'd be starting at LG instead of Boettger.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Right. With McDermott saying Morse was "in the mix" and "putting the team first," it seemed like he was thinking Feliciano at center, with (I suppose) Ford and WInters at guard. If that was the case, he had to change his plans. You got to trust their judgment, but it sure looks from here that Morse at center and Feliciano/Boettger at guard is the better lineup. At least Boettger had two good games (NE and Seattle); Winters at his best has been mediocre.

• Like (+1) 1