Cody Ford out for the Season

Yikes... guess we won’t know what we have in him until Year 3.  

This is why you build depth..  I’m still high on an OL of Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Feliciano-Williams.  

Hopefully their Winters obsession chills out. 

• Like (+1) 11

Jeesh.  Besides Beane picking Ford, there is not a ton of evidence for me to think Ford is a long term solution at any position on the line. My hope is next year, the Bills put Ford in one spot and leave him there. The Bill need to only look at Williams as an example for putting a player in a position to excel. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

This seems odd: most pro players who have a scope to fix a meniscus are typically our for four weeks or so. Three to four months is more typical of one of us dealing with this. 

Doesn’t it depend if it’s a trim or a repair? This is a full repair so seems right 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

This seems odd: most pro players who have a scope to fix a meniscus are typically our for four weeks or so. Three to four months is more typical of one of us dealing with this. 

Athletes realistically should be in better condition than us and also more used to the rehab process since already work out etc. Toss in have the finest doctors available and more free time to do physical therapy etc. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Athletes realistically should be in better condition than us and also more used to the rehab process since already work out etc. Toss in have the finest doctors available and more free time to do physical therapy etc. 

Exactly: that’s my point. 

5 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Drafting Cody and passing on DK, plus trading Wyatt .... not Beane’s finest hour

This is a lazy take-I think the Metcalf vs Ford debate has some merit, but Teller had shown nothing and people were excited that the Bills got anything done him 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Jeesh.  Besides Beane picking Ford, there is not a ton of evidence for me to think Ford is a long term solution at any position on the line. My hope is next year, the Bills put Ford in one spot and leave him there. The Bill need to only look at Williams as an example for putting a player in a position to excel. 

When we drafted him, he was viewed as a potential pro-bowl caliber guard who could translate to tackle.   

We tried him at tackle.  That didn’t work.  He was also a rookie, and rookie tackles typically struggle. The only rookie tackle who’s looked legit from this past draft is Becton, and he gets hurt every game.  

At guard, I think he has the talent to be very good there, but we wasted one year at tackle and he’s been banged up most of this year at guard. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Doesn’t it depend if it’s a trim or a repair? This is a full repair so seems right 

It may. I’ve had the surgery done seven times and they don’t typically repair them anymore according to my ortho. Partials they just let heal unless there is debris (just a minor scope then). Perhaps my doc is wrong...but I trust him. I’ve torn literally everything in my right knee save my LCL. 

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Theres two options here: 

Trim: Quick recovery

Repair: IR and long recovery. 

Clearly hes going for a repair and not a trim. Reasonable as he is early on in his career. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I believe 3-4 weeks is if they scope and remove part of the meniscus. 

It sounds more likely they are doing a full meniscus repair/recover attempt rather than a removal and therefore the recovery is typically 3-4 months.  

The repair/recovery is the better long term option, but many players in season opt for a partial removal to allow them to get back out there.  

Not sure what all went into the decision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

When we drafted him, he was viewed as a potential pro-bowl caliber guard who could translate to tackle.   

We tried him at tackle.  That didn’t work.  He was also a rookie, and rookie tackles typically struggle. The only rookie tackle who’s looked legit from this past draft is Becton, and he gets hurt every game.  

At guard, I think he has the talent to be very good there, but we wasted one year at tackle and he’s been banged up most of this year at guard. 

I hear ya. Going into next year just make him the LG and forget about all this moving around. Some players are jack of all trades, like Feliciano, others are not. I’m hoping Ford can be the king of left guards and pair with Dawkins for the next 5-10 years. 

• Like (+1) 2