When the Patriot Way goes wrong

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Add “ism” to about any word and it then becomes its own worst enemy over time, look at capitalism, earning and creating wealth, on its face a very good thing, then with a pinch of greed it stops serving the greater good, and you get the 1% with all the wealth... the cycle is repeatedly occurring on every topic. Ism’s are known to be bad for people in every walk of life. To include football players. 

"It's not that i support facsism or any ism for that matter. Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself."

Ferris Beuller, 1986

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ha ha they have won 3 SBs since Spygate and deflategate.

I'm sorry, how many Super Bowls have the Lions won since Patricia became the head coach?

For that matter how many other former Patriots* coaches have won Super Bowls as head coach with other teams?

15 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm sorry, how many Super Bowls have the Lions won since Patricia became the head coach?

For that matter how many other former Patriots* coaches have won Super Bowls as head coach with other teams?

i was referring to NE...i can give a damn about Patricia. I dont even want him back in NE.

only other coach i care about is Flores and he is doing a fine job in miami. only took him 2 years to rebuild that team....most teams take longer than that.

They weren't expected to win as many games as they did last year and even this year is a bit of a surprise.

O'Brien actually was pretty good in Houston up until this year(well up until the  moment he traded Hopkins). Even did a great job at Penn State. Won more playoff games than your coach right now.

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ha ha....yup it's all Brady. (Sarcasm)

McDermott is 1-9 against him, barely beat him with his covid squad...and still gotta play him again.

Just win one first and stop griping about the pats...

7-3, first in the AFC east and can't help but talk about NE...tortured.

This topic isn't about the Patriots. Nobody can argue against the success off the Patriots. It's about the many unsuccessful attempts to recreate the Patriot system on other teams.

And if your argument is that it the Patriots weren't successful due to Brady because the Bills lost to them a lot, how does that make any sense? The Bills beat them for the first time only after Brady left. Wouldn't that be evidence that Brady was the catalyst for Patriot success?

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

This topic isn't about the Patriots. Nobody can argue against the success off the Patriots. It's about the many unsuccessful attempts to recreate the Patriot system on other teams.

And if your argument is that it the Patriots weren't successful due to Brady because the Bills lost to them a lot, how does that make any sense? The Bills beat them for the first time only after Brady left. Wouldn't that be evidence that Brady was the catalyst for Patriot success?

I know what the thread is about...yet there are still plenty of posters referencing the patriots..right?

And how is the Patriots success more Brady than BB in just their first year apart. You can erase 20 years after 1 year..? Bills beating the pats after brady left..i think you should look at that game a little bit more...had nothing to do with not having brady and more to do with Newton being very careless with the football...because if you watched that game, the patriots where in seconds of winning that game....the bills with the pats JV squad were on their heels...

and ultimately my argument is a lot of bitching about anything NE and you guys are having the better season and your QB is proving plenty of people wrong....but NE is still on the minds of a small group of Bills fans here.  

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ha ha they have won 3 SBs since Spygate and deflategate.

And were caught cheating yet again after that, filming another teams side line, they average getting caught every four ish years, for the last two decades,  which means they are constantly cheating, as was noted by Payton Manning, Mark Sanchez, and other players turned talking heads, in a show about a month ago. The whole organization is reprehensible, dishonest, and dishonorable, but like they say, birds of a feather...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I know what the thread is about...yet there are still plenty of posters referencing the patriots..right?

And how is the Patriots success more Brady than BB in just their first year apart. You can erase 20 years after 1 year..? Bills beating the pats after brady left..i think you should look at that game a little bit more...had nothing to do with not having brady and more to do with Newton being very careless with the football...because if you watched that game, the patriots where in seconds of winning that game....the bills with the pats JV squad were on their heels...

and ultimately my argument is a lot of bitching about anything NE and you guys are having the better season and your QB is proving plenty of people wrong....but NE is still on the minds of a small group of Bills fans here.  

What team do you root for, and ultimately why do you feel the need to be here? 

Thanks for your time! 

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

What team do you root for, and ultimately why do you feel the need to be here? 

Thanks for your time! 

Cause i am free to be here....and there's this thing..where not everyone has to share the same point of view as you. And it fascinates me how off base people's sports takes are. 

13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

And were caught cheating yet again after that, filming another teams side line, they average getting caught every four ish years, for the last two decades,  which means they are constantly cheating, as was noted by Payton Manning, Mark Sanchez, and other players turned talking heads, in a show about a month ago. The whole organization is reprehensible, dishonest, and dishonorable, but like they say, birds of a feather...

Proof?

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

It is when you consider the team last year was so talent deprived that many thought they would go 0-16.  And this years team is surprising most as well.  I'm sure not many would have put them over 5 wins for the entire season. This guy is going to be a problem for us for a long time to come I'm afraid.  'Bout to be like the late 80s/early 90s rivalry again.

I think Josh is what’s going to be the BIGGEST problem and not just for the fish but for the rest of the AFC east 

30 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Cause i am free to be here....and there's this thing..where not everyone has to share the same point of view as you. And it fascinates me how off base people's sports takes are. 

Proof?

You didn’t actually completely answer my question. 

I mean I never said anyone had to share the same point as you... no need to put words in my mouth. 

Question, and this is going to really put you in a sticky spot.

What makes someone’s sports takes off base? Because if everyone doesn’t have to share the same point of view, then they’re allowed to have different takes. So because they don’t agree with you, their takes are off base? 

Pretty cool how you contradict yourself there... 

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

We're not talking about the last 20 years. We're talking about the McDermott Bills. And he couldn't beat the Pats until Brady was gone. You can blame Newton being careless with the football, but Brady would have 100% won that game.

43 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You didn’t actually completely answer my question. 

I mean I never said anyone had to share the same point as you... no need to put words in my mouth. 

Question, and this is going to really put you in a sticky spot.

What makes someone’s sports takes off base? Because if everyone doesn’t have to share the same point of view, then they’re allowed to have different takes. So because they don’t agree with you, their takes are off base? 

Pretty cool how you contradict yourself there... 

What was the question again?

and no i am not contradicting myself at all because I truly do not care if you do not like what i like...just have facts not your opinions be correct....and when i say "you" I am not directly meaning you, I am addressing the whole thread....so i will wait for our reply. 

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

We're not talking about the last 20 years. We're talking about the McDermott Bills. And he couldn't beat the Pats until Brady was gone. You can blame Newton being careless with the football, but Brady would have 100% won that game.

That game didnt have anything to do McDermott or even Brady. Because you can insert any other QB in that situation and the pats could of won. That wasn't a situation were only elite QBs take control of. They were at the 20. Most NFL QBs could handle that moment. Tyrod Taylor could of won that game given how it was setting up.

Edited by Ghost_002!

You gotta get wins.  Mcdermott shipped off " stars" had his "process".  But ultimatley they won enough games to make the playoffs.  After that his year with Allen was rough but he had his foundation.  Most of these Ne guys have this grand culture they permiate but dont win.  You need to win or the message is hallow.

My only real surprise in all of this is that NE brought in Newton as its QB.  I can't think of a less Belichick'ian player than Newton.

For years, NE had this myth surrounding them that they knew how to develop QBs.  It appears that they developed them to trade them, and notable examples are Jimmy G and Brissett.  They literally picked Newton over Stidham.

I had been wondering when hubris would swallow NE, and it looks like it has.

25 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

What was the question again?

and no i am not contradicting myself at all because I truly do not care if you do not like what i like...just have facts not your opinions be correct....and when i say "you" I am not directly meaning you, I am addressing the whole thread....so i will wait for our reply. 

That game didnt have anything to do McDermott or even Brady. Because you can insert any other QB in that situation and the pats could of won. That wasn't a situation were only elite QBs take control of. They were at the 20. Most NFL QBs could handle that moment. Tyrod Taylor could of won that game given how it was setting up.

I asked who you root for and why you feel the need to post here... basically you’re not a Bills fan, so why take the time to post here? 

Okay, but what facts are you presenting in the 2nd half of your post here? You’re presenting an opinion, with absolutely zero facts to back it up. Is there a statistic that shows how often QBs convert in that situation? Are you telling me Cam Newton, a former NFL MVP and NFC Champion doesn’t know how to handle those situations? Insert any other DT and MAYBE they don’t force a fumble and the Patriots win the game? I mean you’re not presenting objective facts, you’re presenting an opinion. 

Edited by JGMcD2