Ex Bills TE Logan Thomas Quietly Having a Great Season

JohnNord

52 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

My hope is that his hands issues are just an experience thing. He barely played in college and now is taking live rounds in the pros, there was going to be a rough transition. Hopefully a more normal off-season allows him to work with his coaches better and get his hands right. I think it is in part a mental and timing issue. Although I doubt he ever gets to be a "sure handed" TE, I think he can be a lot better and lessen his drops considerably. 

I have attributed some of his issues to inexperience, as well; however, at this stage of the season, he is just too inconsistent to be trusted this year, IMO. I'm not sure if he just doesn't work as hard at his craft as he should or if he's just not a natural 'catcher' who will always struggle. Time will tell, I guess. I'm surprised that Josh goes to him as much as he does so Josh must trust him on some level. I'll take that as a good sign and there is no doubting Knox's athletic ability but those hands...woof.

35 minutes ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

To all of the guys talking targets I do understand that which is why I included what I said in the bold print.  I am not arguing the point that we have some great wide outs and not enough footballs to go around.  I was just wondering if anyone thinks we should have held on to a more athletic tight end with upside and what I think is a higher ceiling than Knox. Lets face it Knox has rocks for hands but he brings more value as a blocker along with Lee Smith.  Kroft has the best hands but he gets hurt all the time and lately has been surprisingly a healthy scratch.  I see a lot of you saying there are no other receivers for Washington but if that's the case wouldn't that mean defenses could lock more down on Thomas?  I mean all I heard before the season was how Knox was going to have a huge year this year because of all the weapons we have at wide out and how that would leave him a ton of favorable match ups.  This came from fans in this forum and also from John Brown and Cole Beasley in training camp interviews.  I love Knox when he holds on to the ball because he is tough as nails but he shows me very little to being our future tight end long term.

He was with the Bills for 2 seasons, learning to be a TE.  It's great that he's finally starting to put it together, but again, someone has to catch those passes other than McLaurin.

47 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I have attributed some of his issues to inexperience, as well; however, at this stage of the season, he is just too inconsistent to be trusted this year, IMO. I'm not sure if he just doesn't work as hard at his craft as he should or if he's just not a natural 'catcher' who will always struggle. Time will tell, I guess. I'm surprised that Josh goes to him as much as he does so Josh must trust him on some level. I'll take that as a good sign and there is no doubting Knox's athletic ability but those hands...woof.

At this point if John Brown gets back I view him as a nice complementary weapon. Brown is the burner, Beasley the slot machine and Diggs the number one. Knox, Davis, Kroft, Mac, and the RB's out of the backfield are all complementary weapons. So Knox this season doesn't have to be a huge factor he can still come along more slowly. But I think as Beasley and Brown get older in 2021 it might be time for Davis and Knox to be more of a factor in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

Props to TE Logan Thomas.

He's on my fantasy team. He is a major reason why I erased a 40 point deficit in my playoff match up this week. Yes, you read that. 40 POINT DEFICIT. CIRCLING THE WAGONS.

I move onto the championship game in a Yahoo league filled with accomplished killers. I'm going up against a "Diamond" level Yahoo player. I'm 99% sure I'm losing though. By a lot. I'm just shocked that I made it to the final game. Because of Logan Thomas.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Doc said:

He was with the Bills for 2 seasons, learning to be a TE.  It's great that he's finally starting to put it together, but again, someone has to catch those passes other than McLaurin.

They throw to their backs a ton...McKissic is putting up huge fantasy numbers for me now that Gibson is out(luckily I was able to get both), especially since it's a PPR league. Dude put up 26 points for me this week and only had 51 yards rushing.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1