Ex Bills TE Logan Thomas Quietly Having a Great Season

JohnNord

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

Buffalo is a sort of Twilight Zone for TEs. I have no idea why.  We've had a couple of decent ones, but no threats, and it always seems that TEs who come here from somewhere else don't live up to their past, and TEs who leave here do better at their new spot. 

I had hopes for Dawson Knox but this season has been a complete bust for him.  But if we release him, he'll go somewhere else and turn into the guy we hoped he'd be here.

Buffalo is a TE graveyard.  We never know how to draft them. We can't develop them and eventually cut them. There has to be a time when this organization takes this position seriously. 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Buffalo is a TE graveyard.  We never know how to draft them. We can't develop them and eventually cut them. There has to be a time when this organization takes this position seriously. 

Get Terry on the case...

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And LV

OK, other than those 3.....lol

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Graveyard would suggest that they had successful careers elsewhere first.  Not so with this crew.  

But you're right about the drafting of them.  They are either late round afterthoughts, or bad earlier crapshoots (Knox).

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doc Brown never said zero teams.  He said you don't need a stud TE to have a productive offense.

That was incorrect for 3  productive Offenses.  KC and Ravens in particular would not be nearly as productive without their TE play.  They obviously depend on (need) it.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That was incorrect for 3  productive Offenses.  KC and Ravens in particular would not be nearly as productive without their TE play.  They obviously depend on (need) it.

Baltimore for sure.  Saying KC depends on it is minimizing the special talent that is Mahomes.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Mahomes and KC absolutely rely on Kelce, albeit not to the extent that the Niners and Garoppolo do with Kittle. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How?   Kelce had back to back 1000+ seasons before Mahomes was  the starter.

What I'm saying a special player like Mahomes doesn't require a top TE like Kelce.  Obviously it's nice to have.  Baltimore definitely relies on their TEs given Jackson's limitations. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What I'm saying a special player like Mahomes doesn't require a top TE like Kelce.  Obviously it's nice to have.  Baltimore definitely relies on their TEs given Jackson's limitations. 

Special QBs typically have depended on special receiver.   Kelce has been one one the most special receivers in the NFL the past 5 years.  Given how much Mahomes passes to him,  your claim that he would be equally successful without Kelce isn’t persuasive.  

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Special QBs typically have depended on special receiver.   Kelce has been one one the most special receivers in the NFL the past 5 years.  Given how much Mahomes passes to him,  your claim that he would be equally successful without Kelce isn’t persuasive.  

Of course you need good players. But they could replace Kelce with an equally talented WR and still succeed.  Tight ends like Kelce are few and far between and a lot of productive offenses don’t have anyone like him. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not particularly moved that Thomas didn't return.  For a TE to be effective, you need (1) a QB who knows what they are doing and (2) a capable player at the TE position.  When Thomas was here, neither of those things worked out.  I wish the guy the best, but at the same time it's not like he's top flight at the position, and I'm certainly not crying myself to sleep when I think of the fact that he is no longer here.

Good for Logan Thomas. I think a couple different regimes had him with Bills. Sometimes the position switch takes time. Love what the Skins did with him throwing. In his last year here didn’t he lay a vicious block against Dolphins 🐬? Kinda like Teller, good players sometimes have success elsewhere when you get better. He’s got enough years in for pension so he’ll be set for life. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

8 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

bring back pete!!

766eabf857abe66af0efc13380c8092e.jpg

That guy was a mountain to me as I met him as a little boy at the convenient store in Blasdell as a little boy.  This ought to tell you how little I was at the time.  I would go down there during the week to get the newest CPtIn America comic, and he was there.  He was four times my size, and he asked me about captain America.  I asked, are you captain America?  He was kind and said, no, but I try to act like him.  It was a great memory from a guy who was good with kids. Thanks Pete for a nice memory,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pete M great tight end! D lll Wabash where he played B 🏀. Underrated TE and great guy by all accounts. One of very few guys who played college B Ball then NFL.

One  who did was Chuck Crist from Salamanca who recently passed away. Played B Ball at Penn St, Paterno said he would play QB . Paterno moved him to D and Chuck said no coach I came here to play QB. But football coaches helped him get a try out with NY Giants where after injuries some luck and good play he made the team as S. 6-3 225 in 1972. Big guy who could run. Played 6 years  as starter with Giants Saints 49ers. Was Saints D player of year. Great guy!!! I played on a rec team with him when he was in late 30’s unreal athlete and humble guy. RIP Chuck...