The Shade never stops

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

He’s got rib protectors on and they aren’t fastened. 

I doubt it's rib protection, on for practice and with a red no contact jersey?

In any event he looks clean shaven, so it's likely not a recent picture. Doesn't he still have that mustache?

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He has looked slightly overweight this year. Oh well. He has also been slower running.

his passing completion up 10% this year , Oh well he’s fat and slow 

7 minutes ago, jabu said:

In any event he looks clean shaven, so it's likely not a recent picture. Doesn't he still have that mustache?

Im guessing it would have to be a recent pic looking at the helmets and Diggs in the pic. They use the same helmets, and just change the decals. He's probably wearing the rib protection bc he will be wearing it during the game to best simulate throws wearing it. But not sure.

It’s amazing it took all year for us to notice how overweight he is. We could just never tell in the uniform on game day, or in any other practice photos. He needs to start taking things more seriously and lose the excess weight. After seeing this I don’t even know if he truly cares about football. Gosh, some folks.... 🙄

In all seriousness he does look a little heavier this year, but not much. I know for a fact weights are set by S&C and monitored... my guess is he was asked to put on 5ish lbs for durability purposes or it was agreed on that he could do that. If he was actually overweight it would be an issue the coaching staff would address pretty quickly.

This is just an unflattering picture with equipment on... and yes he’s likely wearing EXACTLY what he’s going to wear in a game for feel purposes.

• Like (+1) 2

I can't find the exact quote, but the late, great Tony Gwynn - one of the absolute best hitters in the history of Major League Baseball - was once asked about coming into every season overweight (he always was).  His response was something to the effect, "I don't see too many skinny guys doing what I do."

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, jabu said:

They wear them in the games so I’d assume you practice with them on as well. Practice as you play. Or so they say. Rhyme not intended 

2 hours ago, jabu said:

If it were me practicing, I'd kit-up as for the game so as to best simulate what my throws will be like on Sunday.  All that stuff has to impact how the shoulders move and the like.

Pretty sure there is an unfastened rib protector involved since there's a pic from the rear where it can be seen. 

2 hours ago, jabu said:

Josh clean shaven now.  Picture from Tues or Weds.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, they have trained together with Carson Palmer since pre-draft.  Last two years rent a house together

Their respective girlfriends are apparently besties as well, both pilates instructors, went on some ladies retreat together. 

But yeah, that picture most definitely makes (our) Allen look fat.  Hopefully just the protectors and pads and stuff.

Carson or Jordan?