Bills Jets 1981 Playoff Game (You Tube)

6 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

There was a mud game at the end of 1980 when Fergy first injured his ankle I believe. It was in San Fran and the Bills won to clinch the division. Pouring rain and mud and it came down to a Hail Mary attempt by Montana. 

Lot of mud games back then.... I just rewatched the Bills Chargers game in 1980. It was pretty muddy even though dry. Much more natural grass back then, not to mention, the shoulder pads and jerseys were huge! The game has changed. Everything has changed. In this Jets game, the Bills went up 31-13 or whatever it was and people started flooding out of the stadium.... that’s only 3 scores...the Bills have shown us this year alone countless times... that a 3 score lead can disappear in minutes in today’s league, with quick striking offenses. It ain’t over til it’s over, in 2020. 

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

There was a mud game at the end of 1980 when Fergy first injured his ankle I believe. It was in San Fran and the Bills won to clinch the division. Pouring rain and mud and it came down to a Hail Mary attempt by Montana. 

Fergy actually hurt his ankle the week before that in New England. It was early in the game. He had to come out of the game and Humm and Manucci finished.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting to watch.

A few changes in the game since then.  Graphics have come a long way.  Amazing to see how grainy TV used to be.  Loved watching Rob Riddick play.  Joe Cribs and Jerry Butler too.  "Hands on Hips" was what I used to call Joe Ferguson.

Edited by wjag