ESPN puts another long time Host on waivers

LB48

On 11/25/2020 at 9:59 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

If it wasn’t for Monday night football I would never have ESPN on. ABC should get the rights back so it is on broadcast television. 

Same and even then that broadcast team stinks so bad. Its like they pulled schmos off the street to take about the game.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

ESPN has been a joke for quite some time. The only thing I miss is the NFL prime-time show with Berman and Jackson. They had a nice way of wrapping up Sunday’s with their commentary and the production with the graphics and music was fun. 

I particularly enjoyed the JACKED UP segment.

With an abundance of up-to-the-minute information and analysis, the ESPN model is dead. I can’t remember the last time I tuned into a talking head show, which includes the network pre-games. Team reporters and some websites do an infinitely better job covering the game. Instead, the networks should have local reporters talk about the teams, not the guys who spend five minutes reviewing production notes while rehearsing lame banter. 

• Like (+1) 1

You would have thought they would have polled their customer base who loved the fun personalities, the emphasis on sports, and the humor.

Back when Olberman took himself lightly and was funny, where they had great boxing and good announcers, and you just enjoyed yourself. 

On 11/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, wvbillsfan said:

The problem with espn shows..... all the hot takes are just opinion with little to no facts behind those opinions. I don’t even know if these talking heads watch the games or just spew the same rhetoric 

This^^ it seems every time i turn it on,  its a show with two or three guys arguing over some sports topic. Who wants to watch that

On 11/25/2020 at 9:37 PM, LB48 said:

Tim Baysinger
Wed, November 25, 2020, 3:44 PM EST

One of ESPN’s longtime faces is leaving the network. Trey Wingo, who hosted “SportsCenter” and the network’s NFL Draft coverage over a two-decade tenure, is exiting the network after his contract was not renewed.

The decision not to re-up Wingo’s contract came as part of ESPN’s massive job cuts, the New York Post reported earlier this month (the NY Post also reported back in September that Wingo was being let go). The host’s departure was not confirmed until today, which is also his last day at the network.

No offense intended, but Wingo's level of suckitude is tough to beat on a national scale.  How he survived there as long as he did must be tied to video evidence. 

• Thank you (+1) 1