ESPN puts another long time Host on waivers

LB48

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Guess who owns ESPN?

Why do you think they force it onto ESPN? (hint: your first sentence)

Ah, interesting. I wonder which business model makes more at this point? Forcing people to pay for the service and having less eyeballs, thus less advertising money. Or offering it for free and having more viewers. If it’s the former, is there some broadcast regulation where ABC has to be offered for free? Surprised they don’t try to package it with ESPN. 

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

The problem with espn shows..... all the hot takes are just opinion with little to no facts behind those opinions. I don’t even know if these talking heads watch the games or just spew the same rhetoric 

I can’t stand to listen to Stephen A Smith, ever. Really I just don’t watch anything on ESPN because it’s all garbage. But he is the worst IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

The problem with espn shows..... all the hot takes are just opinion with little to no facts behind those opinions. I don’t even know if these talking heads watch the games or just spew the same rhetoric 

Their shows remind me of dinner with my wife’s giant Lebanese family. Everyone talking at the same time, all talking louder trying to be heard. I just can’t take it! 

• Haha (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

ESPN has been a joke for quite some time. The only thing I miss is the NFL prime-time show with Berman and Jackson. They had a nice way of wrapping up Sunday’s with their commentary and the production with the graphics and music was fun. 

They still have their show on ESPN+ but most don’t watch or subscribe to it. I have it included with a bundle that has Hulu and Disney +. It’s about the only thing I would want to watch on there. 

1 minute ago, batmanfreek said:

They still have their show on ESPN+ but most don’t watch or subscribe to it. I have it included with a bundle that has Hulu and Disney +. It’s about the only thing I would want to watch on there. 

yea I’m just not gonna pay for it, especially since it used to be free. Plus Jackson is much better than booger 

5 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

yea I’m just not gonna pay for it, especially since it used to be free. Plus Jackson is much better than booger 

A booger on my finger is better than the Booger on ESPN. Just sayin’.   🤷‍♂️

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

A booger on my finger is better than the Booger on ESPN. Just sayin’.   🤷‍♂️

Booger is doing some post-game commentary for ESPN.  How did they ever believe he was credible on their bigest game of the week?

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

ESPN has been a joke for quite some time. The only thing I miss is the NFL prime-time show with Berman and Jackson. They had a nice way of wrapping up Sunday’s with their commentary and the production with the graphics and music was fun. 

It’s still on ESPN+ every Sunday night with Berman and the music from decades ago 

Edited by Billznut

34 minutes ago, Buftex said:

ESPN certainly has its' problems...but in my opinion, NFLNetwork is pretty unwatchable too...it could be so much better.

I get more solid information about pro-football on this website compared to ESPN and the NFL network. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just sad to see how ESPN has sunk. Loved Berman and Jackson with their highlight show. Loved Countdown. But I can't stand it when they put Rex on there. I have been watching the network less and less. Letting Golic go and now Wingo, I don't understand what the powers have done with this......I am wondering why they shove Mina Kimes down our throat. I haven't made up my mind about her.....curious what others think of her......like some input..

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN, Headline News and even MTV were the canaries in the coal mine. Cable news is at nearing the juncture where you'll start to see more frequent layoffs of established talent, retrenching of live programming and more less expensive pre-recorded slop at all the major networks. 

I think Disney will pull the plug on ESPN cable when the existing contracts expire.  

I liked Wingo a lot a few years ago. I always saw him and Van Pelt as really similar. Then Wingo started turning into just like the most, over the top company line dork. The character that Howard Simon plays is probably the single most annoying thing in sports media. But the guys on ESPN that act like everything is the greatest of all time and do the out dated anchor man voice are almost as bad. Van Pelt stayed cool. Wingo got real annoying. Especially once he hosted the newer version of mike and mike. He was borderline unbearable.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LB48 said:

Tim Baysinger
Wed, November 25, 2020, 3:44 PM EST

One of ESPN’s longtime faces is leaving the network. Trey Wingo, who hosted “SportsCenter” and the network’s NFL Draft coverage over a two-decade tenure, is exiting the network after his contract was not renewed.

The decision not to re-up Wingo’s contract came as part of ESPN’s massive job cuts, the New York Post reported earlier this month (the NY Post also reported back in September that Wingo was being let go). The host’s departure was not confirmed until today, which is also his last day at the network.

Oh wow!

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Apparently they brought it back, but it’s on ESPN+,  which, of course, will cost you more.  They have another highlights show on ESPN called Rewind, which was renamed after they brought back Bergman on the new Primetime.  Rewind isn’t as good.  I watch the NFL Network version, which continues to change and is now hosted by Chris Rose alone.

I used to love prime time.  My kids were young and would climb into bed with us and they would laugh so hard with Berman’s stumbling bumbling comments.  That was the last show I really liked on that network.  I don’t ever watch them anymore as they just talk over each other, and have almost no facts to support their bold (or idiotic) comments.

I can watch a little NFLN, but not even that as much.  I enjoy this site and always have during the day as I drive from customer to customer NFLR.

Im sorry about Wings, but I believe they just failed to renew the John Clayton gig as well.  At least that was what I heard on a show with NFLR when Pat and him were on together.

3 hours ago, sistersarah said:

Just sad to see how ESPN has sunk. Loved Berman and Jackson with their highlight show. Loved Countdown. But I can't stand it when they put Rex on there. I have been watching the network less and less. Letting Golic go and now Wingo, I don't understand what the powers have done with this......I am wondering why they shove Mina Kimes down our throat. I haven't made up my mind about her.....curious what others think of her......like some input..

Apart from her glass-shattering voice, her opinions are what you would expect from an ESPN b-grader

• Like (+1) 1