Looks like a great day for football Sunday...

Big Turk

EVERY DAY is a great day for football!    :)

I pray only the Bills have offensive fireworks. I think that should be the case, but I am ALWAYS a nervous wreck! 

I hope for a snow game before the year ends, especially since I don’t get to/have to sit thru it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

EVERY DAY is a great day for football!    :)

I pray only the Bills have offensive fireworks. I think that should be the case, but I am ALWAYS a nervous wreck! 

I hope for a snow game before the year ends, especially since I don’t get to/have to sit thru it. 

Not anymore!!  Not for this Bills team.  Rain = we’re at a disadvantage vs most teams due to our lack of a running game. Hopefully the bye week gives our run game some punch

The Chargers had two starters on defense sit out practice today (Melvin Ingram - DE and Casey Hayward - CB).  That can't hurt Buffalo's passing game.  Joey Bosa is formidable on the other end of the line But Buffalo's offensive line may be completely healthy.  Cody Ford was limited in practice.  I am hoping he'll be ready Sunday.

Edited by TigerJ

32 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Chargers had two starters on defense sit out practice today (Melvin Ingram - DE and Casey Hayward - CB).  That can't hurt Buffalo's passing game.  Joey Bosa is formidable on the other end of the line But Buffalo's offensive line may be completely healthy.  Cody Ford was limited in practice.  I am hoping he'll be ready Sunday.

This is Weds, the day many teams give their vets a "rest day".  So I wouldn't read much into Ingram and Hayward sitting today.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Ugh. That forecast just makes me think of setting out on I-90 around 5:30 in the morning and getting to watch the sun rise on the way up. Then getting parked in one of the gravel lots with the fire ring and truck full of wood. Getting’r lit up around 7am while the air is still sharp and cool, then bringing out the Irish Breakfasts..... and now I’m very very sad. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Not anymore!!  Not for this Bills team.  Rain = we’re at a disadvantage vs most teams due to our lack of a running game. Hopefully the bye week gives our run game some punch

Rain doesn't really effect the passing game, wind does.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ugh. That forecast just makes me think of setting out on I-90 around 5:30 in the morning and getting to watch the sun rise on the way up. Then getting parked in one of the gravel lots with the fire ring and truck full of wood. Getting’r lit up around 7am while the air is still sharp and cool, then bringing out the Irish Breakfasts..... and now I’m very very sad. 

As sad as that is, replicate it as much as you can in your back yard. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Rain doesn't really effect the passing game, wind does.

Did you ever catch wet laser beams from Josh allen?  I remember wearing some nice ass gloves, catching passes from Joey Wheeler in the pouring rain in HS.  The rain made it more difficult for me.  Wind affects the passes.  Rain affects catching the ball from my experience.  I can’t say it affects nfl players because I’ve never been one, but I can imagine catching a 65 mph football would be a little bit tougher in the rain.  

now that I think about it.  Throwing a wet ball was more challenging as well.  I don’t see how you can say pouring rain doesn’t affect passing.  

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Did you ever catch wet laser beams from Josh allen?  I remember wearing some nice ass gloves, catching passes from Joey Wheeler in the pouring rain in HS.  The rain made it more difficult for me.  Wind affects the passes.  Rain affects catching the ball from my experience.  I can’t say it affects nfl players because I’ve never been one, but I can imagine catching a 65 mph football would be a little bit tougher in the rain.  

now that I think about it.  Throwing a wet ball was more challenging as well.  I don’t see how you can say pouring rain doesn’t affect passing.  

Just going by what Jim Kelly said.

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Watched some lasers from Herbert also. Holy crap this kid is impressive. Listen to this rocket hit Allen. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Idk.  Makes zero sense to me

If anything the offense benefits from rain because the receivers know where they are going and the defenders don't, meaning there is a much greater chance they slip or have to slow down to ensure they don't slip to make a cut than the receiver

31 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If anything the offense benefits from rain because the receivers know where they are going and the defenders don't, meaning there is a much greater chance they slip or have to slow down to ensure they don't slip to make a cut than the receiver

When it’s raining, the qb has a tougher time gripping and throwing the ball, while the WRs have a tougher time locating and catching the ball.  The WRs, while they know where they are going, can’t do it at full speed, which disrupts the timing of every route that is run. 

The defense is also at a disadvantage as it’s more difficult to stay with the receiver.  

I get what you’re saying and I agree to an extent.  My personal experience says that pouring rain makes throwing and catching passes more difficult.  There’s not much more to it than that.

Sports book lower the O/u numbers when it rains (sometimes drastically) and the unders still hit at a 55-60% clip (partly due to wind as well) in games where it rains.

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

The days of rooting for bad weather as some advantage for Buffalo are over. We have no run game and Josh sucks in wind/rain. We can't get this dome built fast enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When it’s raining, the qb has a tougher time gripping and throwing the ball, while the WRs have a tougher time locating and catching the ball.  The WRs, while they know where they are going, can’t do it at full speed, which disrupts the timing of every route that is run. 

The defense is also at a disadvantage as it’s more difficult to stay with the receiver.  

I get what you’re saying and I agree to an extent.  My personal experience says that pouring rain makes throwing and catching passes more difficult.  There’s not much more to it than that.

Sports book lower the O/u numbers when it rains (sometimes drastically) and the unders still hit at a 55-60% clip (partly due to wind as well) in games where it rains.

Well...pouring rain like what was going on during the NE and Baltimore game is one thing, but normal rain doesn't have that much of an effect normally.

• Like (+1) 1