Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

This is good for the Bills, no? Steelers should be absolutely gassed playing Wednesday, Monday and then Sunday. 

I want to be the team to end their unbeaten run 

let’s hope they remain undefeated until then and we give them a wake up call 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

NFL: We will not use basic common sense and add a week to the schedule so teams During a pandemic are not forced into bad situations. This would somehow make us look dumb.

Also NFL:  We will play on Wednesday at 3:40 because NBC has to air a christmas tree getting lit.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Who the hell watches that crap?  It has to be terrible this year.  I’m sure all the B level celebrities and stuff will be virtual.  Everyone in masks. 

This year with all that's happened it might be more popular than usual.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Which is kind of the point I made in another thread. If one tests positive, spread it to the team. Then they will postpone the game forever until enough starters are out of the protocol. 

Or they will force a team to play without 14 starters and top back-ups.

Plus the team, coaches and FO will be heavily fined and you will lose draft picks, but ok sounds like a plan.

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The NFL didn't have the common sense to just add two buffer weeks between Week 17 and the Wildcard round and now everyone's paying for it.

The NFL could not mandate that - need NFLPA approval and that was not given.

Same with people complaining about bubbles and additional bye weeks.  All were rejected by the NFLPA without compensation.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFL: We will not use basic common sense and add a week to the schedule so teams During a pandemic are not forced into bad situations. This would somehow make us look dumb.

Also NFL:  We will play on Wednesday at 3:40 because NBC has to air a christmas tree getting lit.

So are you suggesting adding a week 18 to the schedule and as of this point, have one game Balt V Pitt play that day believe it would be Jan 10th?

51 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Or they will force a team to play without 14 starters and top back-ups.

Plus the team, coaches and FO will be heavily fined and you will lose draft picks, but ok sounds like a plan.

Which has been more true thus far, my scenario or yours?

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Which has been more true thus far, my scenario or yours?

My scenario- your scenario has occurred twice and both times the teams had significant numbers of players missing - so the delay did not allow everyone back.

The big difference with the Titans was that were able to shift a bye week which did allow some players to get back. Bye weeks are gone - these theses are going to be missing a ton of players.

The Ravens will be missing 15 players including their QB, top RBs, and a huge group of DBs.

You can ask, but my guess is the Ravens would of preferred a Denver situation with just missing your QB as some of these players may miss more than 1 game.

But please feel free to believe your thought that a ravaged team is better off because they could delay a game a day or 2.

Edited by Rochesterfan

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

My scenario- your scenario has occurred twice and both times the teams had significant numbers of players missing - so the delay did not allow everyone back.

The big difference with the Titans was that were able to shift a bye week which did allow some players to get back.

The titan will be missing 15 players including their QB, top RBs, and a huge group of DBs.

You can ask, but my guess is the Ravens would of preferred a Denver situation with just missing your QB as some of these players may miss more than 1 game.

But please feel free to believe your thought that a ravaged team is better off because they could delay a game a day or 2.

Titans will be missing 15 players?  Were there suspensions handed out that I haven't seen?  (seriously asking).

And to your last point, a ravaged team has already pushed a game back from Thursday night to the following Wednesday which is 6 days.  Meanwhile, Denver (who actually controlled their Covid situation), didn't get moved a second and had to play a PS WR as their QB.

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Titans will be missing 15 players?  Were there suspensions handed out that I haven't seen?  (seriously asking).

And to your last point, a ravaged team has already pushed a game back from Thursday night to the following Wednesday which is 6 days.  Meanwhile, Denver (who actually controlled their Covid situation), didn't get moved a second and had to play a PS WR as their QB.

And the ravens will still be playing incredibly short handed but without a contagious outbreak being on the field of play.

this isn’t difficult. Why are some of you so determined to act like it’s more dramatic than it is?

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

And the ravens will still be playing incredibly short handed but without a contagious outbreak being on the field of play.

this isn’t difficult. Why are some of you so determined to act like it’s more dramatic than it is?

Let's be realistic, other than Lamar being out, how shorthanded would they really be?  He's pretty much the entire offense so him playing vs him not is a huge difference.  Yes I know a bunch of players are out but he's the only one that matters on that side of the ball right now for them.

Other than that, not being dramatic.  Just asking the question of why it's fair that some teams violate the protocol and get to postpone their game for a week (and then get players back from covid or normal IR) while other teams follow it and are punished by having to play shorthanded? 

Edited by The Wiz

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Let's be realistic, other than Lamar being out, how shorthanded would they really be?  He's pretty much the entire offense so him playing vs him not is a huge difference.  Yes I know a bunch of players are out but he's the only one that matters on that side of the ball right now for them.

Other than that, not being dramatic.  Just asking the question of why it's fair that some teams violate the protocol and get to postpone their game for a week (and then get players back from covid or normal IR) while other teams follow it and are punished by having to play shorthanded? 

the answer is easy, obvious and publicly known. 

if this is too controversial I’d hate to see reactions to the nfl making decisions based off rushed investigations and arbitrary ratings of how impacted teams are by specific players 

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Schefter said at halftime that Lamar should be back. Not sure about the rest. I know the RBs will be back. But there are bunch of other guys on it 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the answer is easy, obvious and publicly known. 

if this is too controversial I’d hate to see reactions to the nfl making decisions based off rushed investigations and arbitrary ratings of how impacted teams are by specific players 

Not to be crass but you didn't answer either of my questions.

Are Titan players being suspended because of the protocol violations?

Why are teams following the protocol punished while the teams that are not getting games postponed and allowing all of the players to come back?

What is the easy, obvious and publicly known answer?