Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

So smart guy - what should the NFL of done?  

You are snarky about it being unfair - rather than just complain and call us Kool-Aid drinkers actually present some ideas.

I want to understand how you think the NFL should handle this and still be consistent with what they have been doing?

Good Luck!

The NFL stated they would harshly punish teams that broke protocol.  I think they should harshly punish teams that broke protocol.  

How's that, smart guy?   Don't forget to hit the passive aggressive Googly eye button on your way out.

25 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The NFL stated they would harshly punish teams that broke protocol.  I think they should harshly punish teams that broke protocol.  

How's that, smart guy?   Don't forget to hit the passive aggressive Googly eye button on your way out.

So no real answer - exactly what I would expect.

As to punishment- teams have been punished - the Ravens punishment will come, but that is outside of the discussion.

You complained the NFL was unfair - I provided evidence they were being consistent - where is your plan - just stating over and over that it is unfair does not make it so - show us - explain your side.

We are all waiting for your next avoidance.

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

So no real answer - exactly what I would expect.

As to punishment- teams have been punished - the Ravens punishment will come, but that is outside of the discussion.

You complained the NFL was unfair - I provided evidence they were being consistent - where is your plan - just stating over and over that it is unfair does not make it so - show us - explain your side.

We are all waiting for your next avoidance.

How were the Titans punished?  Since you used a plural, what other teams have been punishedand how?  How will the Ravens be punished?

The NFL has been highly arbitrary.  If they were consistent as you contend, we would all already know the Ravens supposed upcoming punishment because it would have been prescribed ahead of time.  Instead it will be similar to the Pats taping the Bengals.  Double secret probation nonsense.  The Ravens punishment is only "outside of this discussion" because it makes your argument of the league being rule bound look completely absurd.  They are making things up as they go along.

The Broncos, who did not have coaches breaking rules, will be physically punished this afternoon.  Players may end up hurt as a result because they are blocking for a WR playing QB and that will certainly have them improvising.  Had the Broncos broken more rules there would be no such risk.  And it is still not certain if or when the Ravens will have to play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

So if Denver had an incentive to infect more guys - how does it help?  If we move the NO/Denver game to Tuesday like the Steelers/Raven game - what impact does that have?   The QBs would still not be cleared and they do not have time to bring in new players per the protocol.  A move just puts more eyes on the game.

I could be wrong, but I think the Denver game on Tuesday would allow them to get a QB back.

They were exposed Weds, they should be able to come off the list with negative tests on Monday.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

How were the Titans punished?  Since you used a plural, what other teams have been punishedand how?  How will the Ravens be punished?

The NFL has been highly arbitrary.  If they were consistent as you contend, we would all already know the Ravens supposed upcoming punishment because it would have been prescribed ahead of time.  Instead it will be similar to the Pats taping the Bengals.  Double secret probation nonsense.  The Ravens punishment is only "outside of this discussion" because it makes your argument of the league being rule bound look completely absurd.  They are making things up as they go along.

The Broncos, who did not have coaches breaking rules, will be physically punished this afternoon.  Players may end up hurt as a result because they are blocking for a WR playing QB and that will certainly have them improvising.  Had the Broncos broken more rules there would be no such risk.  And it is still not certain if or when the Ravens will have to play

The Titans organization was fined over $ 350,000 for their issues.  The Raiders were fined big time (coach, GM, and Team) and lost draft picks.  NE and the Steelers were both fined large sums.  All done after the schedules were set and the NFL investigated the teams.

The Ravens punishment will come after the NFL investigates and determines the extent of the issues and the breaches.  I am expecting a big fine for both the coach and the team and a loss of draft picks.  Just like what has been prescribed.

So again I will ask (and I do not expect a valid response) - when do you move the Broncos game to - you seem to refuse to answer that.  How does delaying the game help - the QBs will not be available until later in the week next week and you need 5 days to bring in someone else.  What is your proposal to get this game in and be fair to all the teams that have already been through this exact situation?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think the Denver game on Tuesday would allow them to get a QB back.

They were exposed Weds, they should be able to come off the list with negative tests on Monday.

That could be - they officially went on the COVID list on Saturday.  If they use Saturday - the earliest back would be next Thursday.  

If they base it on the exposure date - you are correct they could be ready on Monday and then a Tuesday game would allow them to play.  

The issue with that is then they screwed every other team that has had to play short-handed due to COVID and makes a new precedent that other teams will complain about.

9 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

So again I will ask (and I do not expect a valid response) - when do you move the Broncos game to - you seem to refuse to answer that.  How does delaying the game help - the QBs will not be available until later in the week next week and you need 5 days to bring in someone else.  What is your proposal to get this game in and be fair to all the teams that have already been through this exact situation?

I would say move it to Tues.

That could be - they officially went on the COVID list on Saturday.  If they use Saturday - the earliest back would be next Thursday.  
If they base it on the exposure date - you are correct they could be ready on Monday and then a Tuesday game would allow them to play.  

It goes by exposure date.  Contact tracing also looks back at least 24 hrs from a positive test. 

So the QBs could have potentially become infected but because the contact tracing/quarantine was delayed, be exposing others by the time they were determined to be close contacts and sent home on Saturday (3-4 days later) , constituting a medical reason to postpone the game long enough to determine whether one of the exposed QB will test positive.  If they can come off the Covid list Mon then that bullet is dodged, Play Ball.

The issue with that is then they screwed every other team that has had to play short-handed due to COVID and makes a new precedent that other teams will complain about.

See above.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would say move it to Tues.

It goes by exposure date.  Contact tracing also looks back at least 24 hrs from a positive test. 

So the QBs could have potentially become infected but because the contact tracing/quarantine was delayed, be exposing others by the time they were determined to be close contacts and sent home on Saturday (3-4 days later) , constituting a medical reason to postpone the game long enough to determine whether one of the exposed QB will test positive.  If they can come off the Covid list Mon then that bullet is dodged, Play Ball.

See above.

I have no issue with any of that.  

I also have no issue with what the NFL is doing as that is consistent with what they have previously done for this situation.

My problem with the Broncos is not being smarter with the QB situation and then whatever happened in the meeting.  It seems obvious that if the QBs had worn masks the contract tracing would have excluded them, but the lack of masks (not following protocol for meetings) caused the issue and that was found on film.

Edited by Rochesterfan

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The Titans organization was fined over $ 350,000 for their issues.  The Raiders were fined big time (coach, GM, and Team) and lost draft picks.  NE and the Steelers were both fined large sums.  All done after the schedules were set and the NFL investigated the teams.

The Ravens punishment will come after the NFL investigates and determines the extent of the issues and the breaches.  I am expecting a big fine for both the coach and the team and a loss of draft picks.  Just like what has been prescribed.

Shirley you can't be serious with fines as a "punishment".  And if the NFL was rule bound as you state, we would already know the specific potential punishments based on findings.  But we don't, do we?  Does that sound rule bound or arbitrary to you?  "Big" fines and undisclosed draft picks is vague, not specific.  

I think the Broncos messed up by not giving a QB the Fromm treatment.  It is unfortunate that this could result in an injury to one of their players today.  They are primarily culpable because of their mistake, but the league is holding their feet to the fire.  Baltimore, who is egregiously in knowing violation of rules, has been afforded more leeway by the league than Denver.  They were supposed to play Thursday.  They were responsible for their own inability to do so.  They should have been forced to forfeit.  Instead they have put their opponent's schedule into disarray and have a better chance to win than does Denver.

The league said violations of protocols would be harshly punished and that has proven to be false.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I'm very confused.  According to Schefter, it's only 9 players.

9 players positive, 13 more close contact?

Or the Occum's Shaver solution that the league is making up crap on the fly and disseminating it through mouthpiece Schefter.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can't be serious with fines as a "punishment".  And if the NFL was rule bound as you state, we would already know the specific potential punishments based on findings.  But we don't, do we?  Does that sound rule bound or arbitrary to you?  "Big" fines and undisclosed draft picks is vague, not specific.  

I think the Broncos messed up by not giving a QB the Fromm treatment.  It is unfortunate that this could result in an injury to one of their players today.  They are primarily culpable because of their mistake, but the league is holding their feet to the fire.  Baltimore, who is egregiously in knowing violation of rules, has been afforded more leeway by the league than Denver.  They were supposed to play Thursday.  They were responsible for their own inability to do so.  They should have been forced to forfeit.  Instead they have put their opponent's schedule into disarray and have a better chance to win than does Denver.

The league said violations of protocols would be harshly punished and that has proven to be false.

9 players positive, 13 more close contact?

Or the Occum's Shaver solution that the league is making up crap on the fly and disseminating it through mouthpiece Schefter.

I don't see how Schefter can be correct.  From the Ravens site:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/who-s-playing-who-s-not-vs-steelers-x1143

I count 13 Raven players explicitly mentioned as being on the Covid list just in that article, with not everyone known to be on the list mentioned.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s just from the past week (9)

Pretty sure there's more than that just this past week

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Positive tests vs. close contacts?

That could be it

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't see how Schefter can be correct.  From the Ravens site:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/who-s-playing-who-s-not-vs-steelers-x1143

I count 13 Raven players explicitly mentioned as being on the Covid list just in that article, with not everyone known to be on the list mentioned.

Pretty sure there's more than that just this past week

It almost looks like the league is helping out the Ravens and Schefter is the broom sweeping it under the rug huh?