Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can’t practice with anyone right now 

I want your ugly I want your disease

I want your everything as long as it's free....

So, the Steelers get "Billsed" and so do the Cowboys.

Somehow I don't think an extra 3 days is gonna help the Cowboys too much, but a few extra days to maybe get some Ravens players back might hurt 'em.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Teams have to deal with the same stuff here. You have what you have. There are plenty of players to available to play the game. It’s not fair that only certain teams are getting time extensions. It needs to be the same rules for all the teams. The Bills were down guys against Arizona and got completely screwed over by that titan Chiefs schedule flux. It’s as simple as that. If you lose, you lose. Sucks but that’s how it is. You don’t just cancel the game when you have made other teams play. You can’t just make exemptions because it’s the QB.

It's not the availability of players for the game that's the issue.

It's containing the outbreak, if you get infected players together with the rest of the team and have them practice together/travel together

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Tell me more about how procedures were followed and they didn’t do anything to cause this....

but, but, but Harbaugh said last week that they are ....

I think NFL is working on week 18 schedule. 

What happens when a team has too many players week 17 on COVID Reserve List?

Does it make a difference if team is already mathematically eliminated from playoffs and you are increasing the risk of spreading it?

What happens in final two weeks on 3 week IR - can players play in playoffs week 1?

2 minutes ago, NYGPopgun10 said:

This is ridiculous. They're doing everything they can to help the Ravens when they're responsible for the positives and spread. This is all about Lamar Jackson. That's their hope. 

I hope the Steelers squash that overrated team.

I'll be shocked if they make Baltimore play without Lamar. Apparently the NFL doesn't realize how overrated he actually is. 

6 minutes ago, NYGPopgun10 said:

This is ridiculous. They're doing everything they can to help the Ravens when they're responsible for the positives and spread. This is all about Lamar Jackson. That's their hope. 

The patriots had to play the Chiefs without Newton I don’t see why the ravens can do the same , I believe ( this year ) we have a 16 player PS for a reason 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'll be shocked if they make Baltimore play without Lamar. Apparently the NFL doesn't realize how overrated he actually is. 

That’s ok the more he plays the sooner he’ll get his permanent backup QB spot 

• Haha (+1) 1

Steelers add 3 to the COVID list today...this is turning into an epic disaster.

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Who or who isn't in the lineup is of no concern. Games are moved due to medical reasons only.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NYGPopgun10 said:

I don't think they're trying to help the Ravens be competitive so much as quell the spread.  I don't think the Ravens will get any of those players back by Tues. 

But it is hurting the Steelers the same way all the uncertainty hurt us, and IMO that's not fair.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Steelers add 3 to the COVID list today...this is turning into an epic disaster.

Who did they add today?

Never mind, I saw: Fullback Patrick Ricard, defensive tackle Justin Madubuike and long snapper Morgan Cox also went on the list.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Tell me more about how procedures were followed and they didn’t do anything to cause this....

They have already admitted that a coach did not follow protocol.  They admitted this was caused internally and disciplined the coach.  The internal spread was caused because they allowed 2 walkthroughs to try to get ready for the Thursday game.  A normal week and no one comes to the stadium Monday and limited on Tuesday and the spread would have been easier to control.  

They and the NFL recognize what caused this and now have to determine how to fix it and maintain the season.

1 hour ago, NYGPopgun10 said:

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

These takes are just flat out terrible.  The change in date has nothing to do with Lamar and in reality if they had played last evening as they should Lamar’s results may have been delayed.  Moving the date back makes it more likely that more people test positive and miss the game.  

They need to allow 4-5 days from the exposures Monday and Tuesday to catch the people infected on site during the walk through.  That means that Sunday was going to be the first day where if everyone tests negative they could think about getting together.  That is why the Ravens have closed their facility until Monday.  They will meet remotely, but the players can not get together until Monday. 

This is exactly what the league needs to do in this situation and is exactly what was expected when the outbreak occurred.  The League is not suddenly Favoring the Ravens - most of these players including Lamar will still not be cleared by Tuesday to play and there is a chance even more people become positive.

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So the whole “if there’s an outbreak and it’s your fault you’re gonna have to forfeit” after the Titans caused an outbreak- that was a lie. 

We will see, but the NFL has always said a forfeit is the last/worst case scenario.

They are not going to use a forfeit while they can still figure out ways to make it work or for games that will impact the playoffs.

My guess is as we approach the last couple of weeks if set of teams out of the playoffs have this happen - they might use a forfeit or a straight cancellation, but as they showed with the Titans - they are not going to do that unless there is nothing else they can do.  

We will see what the punishment for the team is at the end of this as they admitted fault already.  The interesting part is the NFL allowed the Monday and Tuesday walkthroughs and that expanded the issue - so that is not a Ravens issue - that was a flaw created by the Thursday game.

Edited by Rochesterfan

16 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

We will see, but the NFL has always said a forfeit is the last/worst case scenario.

They are not going to use a forfeit while they can still figure out ways to make it work or for games that will impact the playoffs.

My guess is as we approach the last couple of weeks if set of teams out of the playoffs have this happen - they might use a forfeit or a straight cancellation, but as they showed with the Titans - they are not going to do that unless there is nothing else they can do.  

We will see what the punishment for the team is at the end of this as they admitted fault already.  The interesting part is the NFL allowed the Monday and Tuesday walkthroughs and that expanded the issue - so that is not a Ravens issue - that was a flaw created by the Thursday game.

The Steelers went from a 10 day week to a 4 day prep week. The ravens have more time to prepare for their next game than the Steelers do. 

The Ravens confessed negligence has caused a competitive disadvantage for the Steelers. They should have to forfeit. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The Steelers went from a 10 day week to a 4 day prep week. The ravens have more time to prepare for their next game than the Steelers do. 

The Ravens confessed negligence has caused a competitive disadvantage for the Steelers. They should have to forfeit. 

Doesn’t matter - they have already said it will not be fair - it is no different that the Bills Titans and the NFL figured out how to make it work.

They are not going to Forfeit if it can be helped.  They just are not going to do it.  

It sucked for the Bills and it will suck for the Steelers and may end up costing them home field, but it is the season they are going to have to live with.

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Additionally - now prior to the game they will have 9 days off - yes they have to figure in practices, but like the Bills during that Titan week - the coaches are giving guys time off - so they should be rested.

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So the whole “if there’s an outbreak and it’s your fault you’re gonna have to forfeit” after the Titans caused an outbreak- that was a lie. 

Commissioner has taken lessons from Billicheat.

I wonder if Billicheat will get front office job with rule book when he retires.

• Like (+1) 1