Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If I were a Steelers fan, I’d be pissed too.  This has very real likelihood of nixing Steelers bye in the playoffs.  

Couldn't happen to a better group! Let them get pissed, I still think we got hosed over more. They got a bye last time and now dont have to play on a short week if they play Sunday. Not really that big of a deal honestly. Now if Sunday gets canceled... we'll see.

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I get that, but bending over backwards to cover incompetence screws other teams.

they probably should’ve just moved it to Monday earlier and flip flopped which week was the steelers long week off... but just because something isn’t happening exactly as planned doesn’t mean anyone’s been screwed. It’s not ideal, sure, but nothing about 2020 is and you either came into this season looking for solutions, or for punishments.

sliding a game a few days is hardly bending over backwards. And if you think it is you never actually wanted to see the season happen 😂

The Baltimore Poe-birds say another player and "a couple of staff members" test positive and go on the Covid list, contact-tracing to follow

https://www.nfl.com/news/additional-ravens-player-staff-members-test-positive-for-covid-19

It's said these results will not affect plans for Sunday's game against the Pissed-off Steelers

I know Goodell declined to do this with the Titans (a clear mistake, in hindsight), but the NFL really needs to call this a Ravens forfeit. This is the only real Deterrent to violating the rules in such a way as to cause a widespread outbreak and endanger the safety of many players and staff. 

if they don’t bring down the hammer, I guarantee we will continue to see other instances of non-compliance across the league. You can’t have a staffer who doesn’t wear his mask, and doesn’t report symptoms. There’s no excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cases are exploding all over the country I think NFL needs to do something I’m not saying a bubble type but SOMETHING, and teams need to be held more  accountable or else I’m afraid the rest of the season and the playoffs won’t end / start on schedule 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I know Goodell declined to do this with the Titans (a clear mistake, in hindsight), but the NFL really needs to call this a Ravens forfeit. This is the only real Deterrent to violating the rules in such a way as to cause a widespread outbreak and endanger the safety of many players and staff. 

if they don’t bring down the hammer, I guarantee we will continue to see other instances of non-compliance across the league. You can’t have a staffer who doesn’t wear his mask, and doesn’t report symptoms. There’s no excuse. 

Not gonna happen. Not only did they not punish the titans, they went out of the way on the broadcast to praise them for their tenacity. Crap happens. BMORE will lose anyways now without Ljax

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Not gonna happen. Not only did they not punish the titans, they went out of the way on the broadcast to praise them for their tenacity. Crap happens. BMORE will lose anyways now without Ljax

And the broadcasters said nothing about players continuing to practice post facility closedown.

They were coconspirators in coverup.

• Like (+1) 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/26/lamar-jackson-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Seems like the way it's going, the Ravens might struggle to put out a team of backups, let alone starters.

In many respects, it seems as though the NFL as a whole, has done remarkably well to avoid this type of scenario, for as long as it has.

I think we are getting to the point where there are going to be some decisions made, that a lot of people aren't going to like, simply to keep the season on track.

There may be a need for teams to forfeit games, not so much because they couldn't be rescheduled, but more because there is no guarantee, that a rescheduled game, can be played at a much later date - e.g. week 18

In some ways, it's ironic that the NFL has got through almost 3/4 of the regular season, but might have to then go down the route of some games being forfeited, because they are running out of time.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

And the broadcasters said nothing about players continuing to practice post facility closedown.

They were coconspirators in coverup.

Exactly, that's why I'm saying NFL will do everything to avoid a black eye on them or their teams. See no evil, hear no evil.

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So we test these guys twice a day?  Move the game to Tuesday.  Problem is Ravens supposed to play Dallas Thursday night.  

S*** like ^^^^ If you have to postpone the game more then once then the game should be forfeited ( f**** the Ravens )  and the same for everyone else who doesn’t start taking  this s*** more seriously 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1