Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ravens Covid situation 

Honestly, Tomlin deserves Coach of the Year award. TWICE now his team has been screwed over due to COVID, neither time was his team’s fault, and they’re still 10-0.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Honestly, Tomlin deserves Coach of the Year award. TWICE now his team has been screwed over due to COVID, neither time was his team’s fault, and they’re still 10-0.

Yep they really had no bye week because it was week 4 their game was cancelled and moved After they prepped and practiced all week. This was going to be a mini bye at least 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They can cry about it, but they are lucky to be playing at all this year. Given the circumstance, this is what they signed up for. There are a lot more people in far worse situations from the pandemic. The players need to grow up.

Correct!  Plus it could be them next to get COVID and they screw up somebody else’s schedule. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They can cry about it, but they are lucky to be playing at all this year. Given the circumstance, this is what they signed up for. There are a lot more people in far worse situations from the pandemic. The players need to grow up.

The problem being, no consistency.  

why was this game postponed, but the Bills game last week not?  We lost 4 players.  The niners had a game where they were missing 6.  The picking and choosing which games get postponed is the problem imo.  

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think that's fair.  It's no one's fault at this point.  The virus is all over the place in every community.  Tough to dodge it and the Ravens were going to be without some key guys.  If it was the Bills we'd expect the game to be pushed back.

Just now, NewEra said:

The problem being, no consistency.  

why was this game postponed, but the Bills game last week not?  We lost 4 players.  The niners had a game where they were missing 6.  The picking and choosing which games get postponed is the problem imo.  

Fair point, I get it. But it's a wonky year for everyone. Just gotta roll with the punches.

(I'd like to say more, but it's about Leadership through this time, and it might quickly devolve into the politics/COVID stuff which we are all rightly trying to avoid on the main board.)

It's a balance.  Both clubs have Sunday free, so it works out.  Scheduled games on Sunday are tougher to reschedule without completely messing up the non-covid teams schedule.  Steelers still will have their normal between games rest.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I think that's fair.  It's no one's fault at this point.  The virus is all over the place in every community.  Tough to dodge it and the Ravens were going to be without some key guys.  If it was the Bills we'd expect the game to be pushed back.

I mean, maybe, this is a bit much though from the Ravens.  Teams are putting guys on, taking guys off the COVID list every week now.  Teams, since Tennessee, seem capable of mitigating this.  The Steelers, again, have to put up with this nonsense.  I'm sure if we got put into the schedule blender again, our guys would be pretty angry too.  

1 minute ago, Success said:

Man - what a bad day of football it is now. I may not even watch one of the remaining games, which would be a first.

Only thing of interest to me is rooting for the Texans, for Miami to get a worse draft pick and because Watson is my fantasy QB. Maybe I’ll rewatch the bills -cowboys from last year Instead of cowboys-WFT

• Like (+1) 1