Anyone Ordering the Tyson vs. Jones "Fight?"

Gugny

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's $50.

I'm torn.  I heard this morning that there was a "no knockout," rule, which would be impossible to enforce.

If Tyson goes animal on Jones and I miss it, I know I will regret it.

But $50 is a lot to gamble with.  If it's a crap display, I'll be pissed.

It's this Saturday night, so it could very well end up being an impulse buy, depending on how good they're going down.

Not a chance. Boxing was must see tv back in the day but at some point it became clear to me that it was fixed. 

This fight may be completely legit - I hope it is and I hope it's a great fight - but unfortunately they've lost my trust.

23 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not a chance. Boxing was must see tv back in the day but at some point it became clear to me that it was fixed. 

This fight may be completely legit - I hope it is and I hope it's a great fight - but unfortunately they've lost my trust.

I hear you.  I was an avid boxing fan in my youth (late 70s - 80s) and remained a big fan through the early 90s.  Wasn't long before I let myself realized it was a rigged sport and I stopped watching it to this day.

But man ... Tyson and Jones were two of the last fighters I loved to watch.  I might splurge.

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I hear you.  I was an avid boxing fan in my youth (late 70s - 80s) and remained a big fan through the early 90s.  Wasn't long before I let myself realized it was a rigged sport and I stopped watching it to this day.

But man ... Tyson and Jones were two of the last fighters I loved to watch.  I might splurge.

Help Mike feed the tigers!  (Cue the Sarah McLachlan music.) 

Back when we were first married and Tyson was new on the scene our next door neighbor would pay to watch.  We’d be there an hour early, and the fight would last 12 seconds. Good times, and I don’t regret that HE paid for those fights. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Help Mike feed the tigers!  (Cue the Sarah McLachlan music.) 

Back when we were first married and Tyson was new on the scene our next door neighbor would pay to watch.  We’d be there an hour early, and the fight would last 12 seconds. Good times, and I don’t regret that HE paid for those fights. 

The majority of his fights were not that quick.  And back then, there were high quality undercard fights, so boxing fans still got their money's worth.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The majority of his fights were not that quick.  And back then, there were high quality undercard fights, so boxing fans still got their money's worth.

I was not really that into it since Ali, and it still stays with me the first Tyson fight we saw after all the hype. It was not a Rocky fight going to the limit, it was Bambi vs Godzilla.  BOOM! OVER!  Haha

Sugar Ray Leonard trained in Hilton Head back then before a big fight (Hagler? Could that be right?). That was an exciting time for the area. 

I sometimes think UFC is fixed. Watch the Michael Bisbing vs Matt Hamill fight from years back. Hamill totally kicked his butt.  But it was one of the first fights in England for the UFC.   Fixed. Bisbing is from England. 

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

I sometimes think UFC is fixed. Watch the Michael Bisbing vs Matt Hamill fight from years back. Hamill totally kicked his butt.  But it was one of the first fights in England for the UFC.   Fixed. Bisbing is from England. 

I actually watched PacMan vs Horn on 2017 with my then 7 year old daughter. She watched the fight with me and thought PacMan easily won, the numbers said Pacman won, but somehow Horn won on his home turf. I agree Horn did well the first three and did fine the last 2 but everything in the middle was PacMan and at one point the ref told Horn show me something or I am calling it.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

So far (20 minutes in) it's been Slater and live rap music.  I should be punished for paying for this *****.

It would be appear that you already have been.

Turn it off and then come back to enjoy the farewell of two of the greatest fighters to ever enter a ring.

39 minutes ago, T&C said:

Watching the Jack fight for free on a chromebook... wouldn't pay a dime to watch Tyson  but others may. 

Tyson and Jones are expected to make their ring walks about 11 p.m.

And at their age that’s well passed their bedtime. Hell its normally well beyond my bedtime as well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.