Anyone Ordering the Tyson vs. Jones "Fight?"

Gugny

It's $50.

I'm torn.  I heard this morning that there was a "no knockout," rule, which would be impossible to enforce.

If Tyson goes animal on Jones and I miss it, I know I will regret it.

But $50 is a lot to gamble with.  If it's a crap display, I'll be pissed.

It's this Saturday night, so it could very well end up being an impulse buy, depending on how good they're going down.

I can almost guarantee that nobody is going to be following the California Commission's rules come Saturday.  Jones, at the very least, loves to fight and probably is insulted that anybody expects him to just "spar" on PPV lol

Edit: not to mention that the last guy who "sparred" with Tyson in an exhibition got their lights turned out lmao

Edited by LeviF91

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It's $50.

I'm torn.  I heard this morning that there was a "no knockout," rule, which would be impossible to enforce.

It's this Saturday night, so it could very well end up being an impulse buy, depending on how good they're going down.

I was going to buy until my wife reminded how pissed I was about 10 years ago when I watched a UFC fight that lasted all of 1 minutes because one of the fighters clearly did not train properly. With so little on the line I wonder how much will be just made to make it last 6 rounds 

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's $50.

True story. I used to love watching fights back when. Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Hearns etc. I loved Olympic and pro boxing. At some point in my life I totally lost interest in watching two nearly naked men trying to beat the ***** out of each other. I can’t remember the last fight I watched, might have included Tyson.

So, to make a long story short you can put me down as a firm maybe.

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

True story. I used to love watching fights back when. Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Hearns etc. I loved Olympic and pro boxing. At some point in my life I totally lost interest in watching two nearly naked men trying to beat the ***** out of each other. I can’t remember the last fight I watched, might have included Tyson.

So, to make a long story short you can put me down as a firm maybe.

Maybe you can order it, then facetime me with your phone showing the TV while you don't speak.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I listened to the entirety of Iron Mike's recent podcast with Joe Rogan.

His head is definitely in the right place these days and he has been seriously training for a long time in preparation for this fight.

I personally LOVE Roy Jones (no one talks self-centered, self-promoting smack better than this guy)(LOL) and he used to be a great, great boxer...

BUT...I have a feeling Mike, regardless of his age, is going to kill Jones.

I love boxing but never pay for PPV fights.

In the old days, I would always wait 1 week and then watch these big fights on HBO for free the following Saturday night.

Then HBO lost the deal (Showtime now?) and I don't have that channel.

I wonder if the fight will be available through other means after it initially airs.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was thinking about it, but decided against it.  My biggest fear is that I’m going to waste 50 bucks on a suck fest of a fight.  Are they going to wear head gear?

Is Nate Robinson still fighting some tall youtuber on the the undercard ? 

That’s worth the price of admission 

Edited by Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yeah the undefeated 6'1" cruiserweight Jake Paul lmao looking forward to that

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If anybody thinks you could just step into a boxing ring with Mike Tyson and spar, your mistaken

This is going to be an eight round boxing match. With two legends

I think the first couple rounds might be entertaining.  If no one gets knocked out, I expect a sweaty hug fest by the 4th round.  

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think the first couple rounds might be entertaining.  If no one gets knocked out, I expect a sweaty hug fest by the 4th round.  

Roy always had superb cardio

And they're only doing two 8 minute rounds

I think both favor Mike Tyson, because Roy needed deep water to be successful

We will see. Mike looks like he could beat some low tier heavy weights right now

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah...forgot about that.  I’d pay 50 bucks to watch Jake Paul get his ass beat.  Dude is a tool.

he's the kid calling covid a hoax. I'd pay 50 bucks just to see him get his ass kicked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Roy always had superb cardio

And they're only doing two 8 minute rounds

I think both favor Mike Tyson, because Roy needed deep water to be successful

We will see. Mike looks like he could beat some low tier heavy weights right now

They're doing eight 2-minute rounds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.